Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-12 11:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Supreme Court Overturns the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

Quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a surprise ruling, the Supreme Court has overturned the entire Star Wars sequel trilogy, rendering episodes VII through IX non-canon.

“The entire trilogy has been a travesty,” Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the 9-0 majority opinion. “It nullifies many of the accomplishments of the original trilogy while being a thematic mess that adds nothing itself.”

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was just as harsh in her concurring opinion. “You basically had two directors fighting each other over three movies. This can’t stand as the last word about the Skywalker saga.”

One might have predicted the ruling from the Justices' intense questioning about the trilogy. Even Justice Clarence Thomas, who rarely asks any questions, had numerous inquiries about who exactly the “New Order” were, since he thought “that the Empire had been defeated in Return of the Jedi.”

It is unclear if Disney will now attempt another trilogy that better tells the story of the generation after the characters from the original Star Wars trilogy, but episodes VII through IX have been deleted off of Disney+. Episodes I through III are still there, though, since in a 2007 6-3 decision the Supreme Court ruled they had no authority to overrule Star Wars creator George Lucas even if “he clearly had no idea what he was doing.”
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-12 11:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The path forward is clear: Fire Kathleen Kennedy!
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-05-12 12:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That about sums it up I'd say. Honestly I can't stand how much of a rip off that the Emperor is basically GLAdOS. Its like those in charge have no IDEA how characters, plots, stories, dialogue, etc. work.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-12 12:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget lightsabers.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-12 12:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL, idk who wrote this but that’s good stuff.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-12 13:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
But her midi-chlorian count is so high!
By Viciouss 2020-05-12 13:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

No one cares about that stupid, abandoned plot point! Fire her!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-12 13:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

No one cares about that stupid, abandoned plot point! Fire her!
By Viciouss 2020-05-12 13:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Brah I've been on the dark side for a long time, just ask Mosin. My favorite character is Maul.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-12 13:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I walked out of the theater when Maul got chopped (then OF COURSE as canon goes, he MUST fall down a giant hole)
By RadialArcana 2020-05-12 13:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are they ruining literally everything?

Star wars, Star Trek, Predator, Marvel, Ghostbusters, GoT, Westworld, Vikings, Terminator.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-12 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Marvel was good up until Disney bought them.

Haven't you guys learned from Kingdom Hearts that anything Disney touches goes to ***?
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-05-12 14:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BRING BACK JAR JAR ALREADY, GAWD
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-12 14:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What is ruined about West World exactly? Thought they are doing a fine job on that series.
By Crossbones 2020-05-12 15:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point Star Wars is mostly bad. Counting the films you have 2 1/2 good movies (IV/V/Non-Ewok parts of VI). That leaves 6 movies that are variable levels of terrible. Rogue One can go either way but the characters are mostly ***and non memorable. Never watched the cartoons so can't say about those but from what I hear folks like them.

Oh and Mandalorian is the ***, but that's because, like the original trilogy, it's not trying to be SW for the sake of being SW. Instead it is a space western / samurai show that takes place in the SE universe and includes characters from it.
By Viciouss 2020-05-12 16:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't watched the animated shows you really have no idea what Star Wars is. And wow are you gonna be lost next season of Mando
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-12 17:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't read the books you really have no idea what Star Wars is.
fixed for accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-12 17:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Star wars, Star Trek, Predator, Marvel, Ghostbusters, GoT, Westworld, Vikings, Terminator.

Because they are now created by committee and focus groups that assume people want diversity shoe-horned in so they can appear "woke".

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
fixed for accuracy.

listened to the audio books*

Fixed because they're something nice to listen to while playing FFXI. Pirate Bay has 'Ahsoka' and 'Dark Disciple' (Asajj Ventress' story conclusion) for download if you're a Corsair'y digital pirate.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-12 17:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
fixed for accuracy.

listened to the audio books*

Fixed because they're something nice to listen to while playing FFXI.
Kevin Anderson is a better storyteller than old George Lucas.

/tosses a grenade
By Viciouss 2020-05-12 18:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to start with Clone Wars, you can't read the Ahsoka book if you don't even know who she is ...
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2020-05-12 18:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they are now created by committee and focus groups that assume people want diversity shoe-horned in so they can appear "woke".

You are half right. It's not that they think people want it, it's because they want to "educate" you.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-12 18:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkk said: »

You are half right. It's not that they think people want it, it's because they want to "educate" you.

Television, movies, and comics are simply inundated with SJW and people pushing agendas. It was made perfectly clear in the Roseanne reboot. Someone thought: We better have a mixed race couple in there as well as a transgendered child. When Roseanne (show co-creator and main star) showed her true racist colors via a late night twitter post, it was quite obvious that she was pandering and pushing an agenda to give off the perception of "wokeness", when in reality... yeah. Nope.

Oh, and don't get me started on Snowflake and Safespace; Marvel's 'New Warriors'.

I'm not for diversity just for the sake of diversity at the cost of the narrative which is what a lot of this seems like it is sacrificing in order to arrive at those ends.

Anyhoo, I could really go off on this topic, but I highly doubt FFXIAH forums are the location where any opinions will be made/changed/influenced so I'll just bow out early.

lol Snowflake and Safespace. Jesus f***ing Christ.

Edit: Oh, and if you deviate from the diversity narrative then you are: racist, bigoted, sexist, homophobic, and/or a troll. There is no middle ground of reason. You are perceived to be either 100% on board or 100% against it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-12 20:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Prong 2020-05-12 20:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Marvel was good up until Disney bought them.

Haven't you guys learned from Kingdom Hearts that anything Disney touches goes to ***?

I like Marvel, for entertainment value, but most X-Men were trash. I've noticed what makes a good super hero movie to me and it's not the good guys, it's the bad guys. If your bad guys suck or just are not interesting, your movie sucks. Case in point: Magneto. Don't care if he was in fact the comic books major/main antagonist to the X-Men, on screen, he's a boring character. They needed Omega Red or even... ***even Prince Namor as an anti-hero would have been fantastic. Namor...one of the oldest and most interesting characters in the Marvel universe and they just ignore him to make a Black Widow movie??? She's a cameo character at best, always was. Bring back Taylor Kitsch as Gambit and make Rogue not suck, could make a movie just on their dynamic alone.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-12 20:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

^ word ^
By Draylo 2020-05-12 21:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I despise what Disney has done to Star Wars. I left the last movie completely in shock at how terrible they handled everything and completely ruined it for me. They had so much potential with the original actors coming back, wow.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-12 21:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Death Stars Explosion was an Inside Job.
By Shichishito 2020-05-12 21:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i read they going to remake a all women fightclub titled chick fight.

can't wait for the all women 300 remake.

i've also grown pretty tired of all the super hero movies they apparently produce on a assembly belt for well over a decade by now.
By Crossbones 2020-05-12 22:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed whatever the third SW movie was called a lot but not because I thought it was good, mainly because it was hilarious schlock. So I got a lot of value out of it that way.

/shrug
By RadialArcana 2020-05-13 03:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Disney now owns predator, Aliens, X-men and Deadpool.
First Page 2