Selling Lilith Gear Or Farming Chapters For Free?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Selling Lilith gear or farming chapters for free?
Selling Lilith gear or farming chapters for free?
Offline
Posts: 745
By Felgarr 2020-03-14 07:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I see lots of shouts for people requesting mercs to farm Lilith gear for say, 50M gil.

It makes me wonder if any of them actually drop. Are people able to do VD and carry someone? Does anyone even bother with spite-wardens? Does fighting the fetter (and WS'ing Lilith) work as well in Normal-VD difficulties as it does in VE/Easy runs?

Anyway, I saw these shouts and thought I'd make this useless post, that more likely than not, you're just going to end up farming someone's chapters for free, given how poor the drop rate seems to be.
 Asura.Arico
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
Posts: 333
By Asura.Arico 2020-03-14 08:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes. Stuff drops. Whenever I see someone shouting for a piece I don't need on any of my muels I take them with me. Have sold a few.
Offline
By Shichishito 2020-03-14 08:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
i read she spawns 1-3 minions from N-VD which are supposed to increase drop rates if you kill them, not sure if thats true.

the drop rate for weapons seems higher than armor. armor drops are pretty bad on VE-E and apparently don't become mutch better on higher difficulty unless you also kill the minions (all hearsay).
the already bad armor drop rate gets progressively worse the more pieces you already holding on to, i suspect that all 5 pieces share the same drop slot.
i've seen ppl claim they are already 400-500 runs in on E with TH (not sure whether it was 4 or 8+) and over 100 runs without a drop for the 5th armor piece.

while it is probably possible to merc it its not very attractive for either side. the one who's paying needs to actively participate to grab new KI and farm merits every 7 runs. for the merc it isn't very attractive either cause they don't know how many pieces the dude he is mercing for is already holding and therefore it gets difficult to name a fair price.
Offline
Posts: 745
By Felgarr 2020-03-14 09:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shichishito said: »
i read she spawns 1-3 minions from N-VD which are supposed to increase drop rates if you kill them, not sure if thats true.

the drop rate for weapons seems higher than armor. armor drops are pretty bad on VE-E and apparently don't become mutch better on higher difficulty unless you also kill the minions (all hearsay).
the already bad armor drop rate gets progressively worse the more pieces you already holding on to, i suspect that all 5 pieces share the same drop slot.
i've seen ppl claim they are already 400-500 runs in on E with TH (not sure whether it was 4 or 8+) and over 100 runs without a drop for the 5th armor piece.

while it is probably possible to merc it its not very attractive for either side. the one who's paying needs to actively participate to grab new KI and farm merits every 7 runs. for the merc it isn't very attractive either cause they don't know how many pieces the dude he is mercing for is already holding and therefore it gets difficult to name a fair price.

Yes, killing the Gyves makes the spite warden targetable/killable on N/D/VD (1,2,3 Spitewardens respectively). Yes, this is true, in the killing of a spitewarden gives you an extra drop slot in the treasure pool.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
Posts: 2249
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-14 10:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Felgarr said: »
Are people able to do VD and carry someone?
There's a video of a RUN and SCH duoing VD through Helix and Absorb-TP to keep first phase from spawning Gyves, so people could definitely be carried if needed. Personally, I've been helping a friend get some Malignance gear on VD with MNK/WAR, THF/DRK, BRD/DRK and WHM/DRK. We got him 4/5 Malignance in like 40 runs or so, but ~150 later we're still after his 5th piece. I definitely wouldn't consider selling Malignance unless every piece had a buyer.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
Posts: 640
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-14 10:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I 5-box VD and have already carried random passerby’s here and there.

Weapons are higher rate than Armor yes, can become annoying as you near set completion but it’s w/e.

Spitewardens apparently are only able to add Armor to the drop list? ? So if Armor is what you want, killing them would help.

You can’t use the Gyve-WS method on Normal and above because it spawns Spitewarden to hurt you and the Gyve also gives off Doom Aura.

VD with at least TH4 is around 70% drop rate. I believe people have found it to be 10-15% for E and 5-10% on VE. It hikes up very quickly after Normal, probably to compensate for the annoying mechanics..

Otherwise yeahhhhh, either a payoff or chapters lol
 Asura.Toralin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 996
By Asura.Toralin 2020-03-14 12:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I have been offering mercs 100m for the Lily ring, hasnt dropped yet but I am @255 for all my chapters /shrug
 Asura.Dakrone
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 42
By Asura.Dakrone 2020-03-14 14:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Toralin said: »
I have been offering mercs 100m for the Lily ring, hasnt dropped yet but I am @255 for all my chapters /shrug
You mean earring right?
 Asura.Toralin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 996
By Asura.Toralin 2020-03-14 15:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Dakrone said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
I have been offering mercs 100m for the Lily ring, hasnt dropped yet but I am @255 for all my chapters /shrug
You mean earring right?
No....
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-14 15:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
 Asura.Dakrone
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 42
By Asura.Dakrone 2020-03-14 15:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Toralin said: »
Asura.Dakrone said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
I have been offering mercs 100m for the Lily ring, hasnt dropped yet but I am @255 for all my chapters /shrug
You mean earring right?
No....

I dont recall lilith having a ring, am I missing the sarcasm here or something?
Log in to post.