Bahamut PSA - Pay Attention When Bazarr Shopping

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Bahamut PSA - Pay Attention When Bazarr Shopping
Bahamut PSA - Pay Attention When Bazarr Shopping
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-26 13:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nikkije said: »
This guy right next to Oboro is trying to rip you off:
Bahamut.Beirne Alexandrite 448,000 198 Port Jeuno

I think he has plutons and riftborns as well, so pay attention before confirming a bazaar transaction or you'll be paying half a million for a single stone.

There is someone on Levi that does this too.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-02-26 13:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I've seen almost a full page of bickering and not a single piece of parenting advice. This is bullcrap and you guys know it. SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY CHILD!
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-26 13:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Give them video games. Ideally Super Nintendo.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-26 13:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Hey, I've seen almost a full page of bickering and not a single piece of parenting advice. This is bullcrap and you guys know it. SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY CHILD!

Give them an XI account, let em go wild, they will learn all sorts of valuable life lessons, without it causing real life consequences, see above.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-02-26 13:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just find this funny. The seller always overprices but in such a way to make fast buyers think they are underpaying. So when the buyer thinks they are about to take advantage of someone, that's not immoral. But when they realize they overpaid, well now it's time to virtue signal and call others immoral. Whatever.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-02-26 14:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
DononofSylph said: »
SimonSes said: »
Drayco said: »
SimonSes said: »
Drayco said: »
It's easy to do, but like Don said... you only have yourself to blame. Learn the lesson and laugh at your own stupidity.

that is a fail logic. If someone will steal your wallet in a way you wont notice, then you will say he is a great magician and you are the one to blame, because you haven't been paying a better attention?

NO, he is a *** thief.

Your analogy is terrible. This bazaar isn't stealing/forcing you to buy anything. It's preying on your stupidity.

Ok better, there is a shop, people paying with card and cashier trying to fish up for big families with parents focused on kids or people with bad eyesight and try to add 0 to what they should pay (500$ instead of 50$) and hope they wont notice and just close the card in and pay. I understand, that if he succeed, he is innocent and people who havent notice it and paid are the one to blame?

0/2 on analogies that make sense. Try again.

Ok, supose you are feeling horny and want some hookers.

But you dont want to go to that expensive whorehouse so you just walk to that red light district.

Then you see a nice chick, big boobs, big butt, nice face and nice price. Then you make a deal and take her to a hotel.

The suddenly you see the nice chick have a huge elephant trunk.

Obviously "she" is to be blamed as "she" pretended to ne a girl and dude was too horny to make a more detailed inspection.

Hate when this happens!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 14:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I just find this funny. The seller always overprices but in such a way to make fast buyers think they are underpaying. So when the buyer thinks they are about to take advantage of someone, that's not immoral. But when they realize they overpaid, well now it's time to virtue signal and call others immoral. Whatever.

Exactly this. Interesting isn't it.

PSA there's a guy selling 80 stacks of alexandrite and he accidentally made the price 80g each. DON'T BUY THEM YOU'RE RIPPING HIM OFF.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-02-26 14:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It goes both ways. If someone has a 100M+ item listed for 10k, I would and have let them know. In my instance, I bought the Kraken Club and gave it back. Why? Because *gasp* that’s the right thing to do. So novel it tickles your nose hairs!

@don: would be best to help your parents with that, because I definitely don’t need your help making $10k, lol. They’re going to need it after the Nigerian Prince is done with them!
By Pantafernando 2020-02-26 14:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Real PSA:

While waiting for the dragon to spawn, you can use that useless time to log your other mules for login points/keys.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-02-26 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vanixim said: »

It goes both ways. If someone has a 100M+ item listed for 10k, I would and have let them know. In my instance, I bought the Kraken Club and gave it back. Why? Because *gasp* that’s the right thing to do. So novel it tickles your nose hairs!

@don: would be best to help your parents with that, because I definitely don’t need your help making $10k, lol. They’re going to need it after the Nigerian Prince is done with them!
Still more virtue signaling. Why do you assume doing the "right thing" is a novel idea for me? I was just pointing out a side that is always ignored in these "PSA's". Basically, the OP got excited thinking they were about to save some money. When they realized the opposite, they felt stupid and created this thread to self validate. People are unable to just take responsibility for their own actions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nikkije
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-26 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Still more virtue signaling. Why do you assume doing the "right thing" is a novel idea for me? I was just pointing out a side that is always ignored in these "PSA's". Basically, the OP got excited thinking they were about to save some money. When they realized the opposite, they felt stupid and created this thread to self validate. People are unable to just take responsibility for their own actions.

Why are you dragging me into this? Do you read thoroughly or just skim around and form an opinion? I didn't get excited about anything, I don't feel stupid about anything, I have nothing to validate to anyone, and I wasn't shopping from this "seller" at all. I just noticed what he was trying to do. Nothing I said was designed to spark any controversy or moral debates, but for what's it's worth, no i would not personally make a deliberate attempt to try to sell a single stone for the price of a stack to fool anyone. My original post was simply nothing more than an awareness message to other people in attempt to spare them any pain. It's a message to slow down and pay attention, or get burned. People really do fall for that stuff.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 14:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You kinda asked for it, "this" thread pops up every month. We all know it's there. We all know it's on every server. He have the same discussion every time.

It's morally wrong, but too bad. and we don't need another announcement of it.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-02-26 15:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People create these threads all the time and they are unnecessary. Buyers can clearly see what they are about to buy. End of story.
 Bahamut.Nikkije
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-26 15:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, fair enough.
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-02-26 15:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That comment wasn’t pointed specifically at you but in general. You wrote that previous comment assuming people don’t consider the other side. I was simply stating that was untrue.

People create these threads all the time and they are unnecessary. Buyers can clearly see what they are about to buy. End of story.

Maybe I’m uninformed, but does the forum rules state that these threads are unnecessary? Although I was aware of it, less discerning players may have found it to be informative and I do believe it has merit. Nikkije tried to do a good thing and people are shitting on him for that. That’s stupid.

Bahamut.Nikkije said: »
Alright, fair enough.

Nah man. Keep doing what you’re doing. I appreciated it. Don’t let forum vultures detract you, *** ‘em.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 15:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you want texts on your phone daily reminding you not to get scammed by nigerian princes too? Your great uncle passed away yesterday and you were the only person in the will. I need you to email all your information to verify your identity. There's also this problem of the processing fees, going to need a few grand to cover that, but don't worry his estate was worth millions.

Sometimes you just need to let the weak get eaten.