2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » seeking JP-timezone friendly LS
seeking JP-timezone friendly LS
By mighty 2020-02-14 01:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there,

American living in Japan and recently came back to the game in late December and have been getting back into the swing of things, catching up on gear and all that and looking for an English-speaking LS to do endgame content.

I joined a Japanese LS in early January and did basically all content with them outside of Reisenjima T4s and Dyna wave3, and while they are very efficient and good, the environment is way too serious for my liking, not to mention typing in Japanese is extremely annoying when playing on an English client, as they do not use VOIP.

I've been lucky to find a great NA / EU linkshell with people who play at JP friendly times, but the events they're organizing would require me to wake up at 5-6am on weekends, and thus here I am writing this post.

AU/NZ raid times on weekdays might be a little too early for me (would just be getting off work) but figured I'd post to see if anyone knows of linkshells who play during JP times.

IGN is Mightylovers / Sachmiel (mule) - Have endgame-ready WHM and GEO (no idris yet but 900 skill and -dt / pet regen sets) as well as BLM and soon-to-be-finished Aeonic SAM. Working on RUN next as well as getting GEO up and running on my mule.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-14 03:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally feel you on the JP writing thing. 日本語 is a pain to try and impute into the English client. If you're fluent, you can use the JP one though I suppose.

Best of luck to you on finding a LS. Odin has a very high JP population, but I do not speak conversation JP well enough to tell you if they have any casual LS up and running.
By mighty 2020-02-14 04:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
I totally feel you on the JP writing thing. 日本語 is a pain to try and impute into the English client. If you're fluent, you can use the JP one though I suppose.

Best of luck to you on finding a LS. Odin has a very high JP population, but I do not speak conversation JP well enough to tell you if they have any casual LS up and running.

I heard IME still works for Ashita but I like windower too much and can't be bothered. As for JP client, does windower work with it? I assumed english luas wouldn't work, but if they do, that is an option. And I do speak Japanese fluently but copy pasting every line is so annoying I basically just never talk in my LS haha
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-14 14:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

mighty said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

I heard IME still works for Ashita but I like windower too much and can't be bothered. As for JP client, does windower work with it? I assumed english luas wouldn't work, but if they do, that is an option. And I do speak Japanese fluently but copy pasting every line is so annoying I basically just never talk in my LS haha

I have no idea if Windower would work for it. Tbh, it might because I've had JP tell me they use //send when multi boxing lol.

No idea, I don't use GS.

I 100% feel you there. By the time I have a reaspose written they're already changing the subject. >~>.
This I why I like to stick to short nouns / answers.