Forum » FFXI » General » Returning Player- Daily Routine
Returning Player- Daily Routine
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-01-28 14:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So there are a bunch of guides to get to 119. (One in particular on BG is exceptional). But there is so much content and so much new stuff that hard to see where to focus my time.

I see that for example you can get 80 points in Domain Invasion a day. And that event is widely publicized due to system shouts.

What else is there that you should do SOLO daily or weekly? I guess I could run VE ambuscade (until I get more comfortable and move to E or harder) I have never done Omen is that worth solo?

Basically, what do you think would be best way for a returning player to focus their time post 119?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-28 14:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Missions. These are almost all made for a pre-iLvl player content, and all level caps (artificially restricting your level to say 30,40,50,etc) have been removed. Finishing these will give you access to extra areas of the game where endgame occurs, give you extra bonuses when it comes to Rhapsodies of Vanadiel questline, and even some still-relevant rewards like Suppanomimi, Rajas Ring, Moonshade Earring, etc. Start one storyline, pound it out in 3-6 days depending on play time and insanity desired.

(the following falls within the above "Missions", but deserves particular mentioning- Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. This really boosts your soloing capabilities in terms of leveling up jobs faster, as well as just simplifying the in-game life. Definitely worth prioritizing.)

2. Gather Homepoints. This should just be done as you explore other aspects of content. See a homepoint, tag it and add it to your collection. And don't give me the BS response of "just use homepoints addon"- not everyone wants that. Its frustrating doing something as simple as a grouped-up Ambuscade run only to find out your party's WHM doesn't have the necessary homepoint to farm the KI, or other examples.

3. Domain Invasion. Its quite easy, in fact, mindless, to get your 80 points a day. Plus, you're earning silt and beads as well in the process. Even if you never plan on building an aeonic, you'll want beads for upgrading AF gear through Omen. And silt is needed to get around Escha zones, purchasing Tribulens/Radialens' for participating in Gaes Fete fights, or buying Vorseals/Temporary Items.

4. Campaigns. These rotate monthly, but often you can pick at least 1 or 2 to "spam" during your free time in game when bored to stockpile ingredients for upgrading RMEA weapons, or just making Gil...both in high priority for a new/returning player. For example, next month is the "Capped Lights Voidwatch Campaign"- this means its a LOT easier and faster to farm Riftcinder/Riftdross/Heavy Metal Plates, etc from those Voidwatch mobs. You'll need to do the Voidwatch "storyline" to access the higher tier mobs (still very beatable for a newbie player with proper beginning gear, in particular with an item called "Displacers" which you can buy with gil and really weaken those mobs a TON. Here's the link to the BG Wiki page on Voidwatch. There are campaigns like this every month in a rotating fashion- and each has things from it still very relevant to today's game. No, not the armors and weapons so much, but the upgrade items,etc still sell VERY well, or you'll want them at some point. The point being- knowing how to abuse those campaigns to make gil is VERY valuable.

5. Gain-EXP. This is the new meta for solo gil making. Every 4 hours there is a new "special" RoE for earning sparks/accolades fast. Some are just ok, but something like Gain-EXP can be totally abused to make gil. There are 3 "Gain-EXP" windows a week- 6a-10a Sundays, 10p-2a Mondays, 2p-6p Wednesdays (all times EST). Find a time that fits your schedule, and try and get a few hours of it a week to get a nice infusion of gil for early on in gameplay. I'll let you do your own research and talk to friends in game about ways to do it that you can manage.

Start small. Build your access to this world thru missions and quest lines, then use that access to build up your war chest. Then repeat with something different! If you look at the whole picture at once it'll overwhelm you...remember how old this game is and that many of us had YEARS to build up that access and experience vs you desiring to "catch up" in a few weeks. If you always have a goal in mind and build your days around that goal, you'll have great motivation and a PLAN- the biggest thing you need right now. Best of luck, and keep truckin'.
[+]
By Sidiov 2020-01-28 14:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For pure solo, I would work through ROE missions (and any required missions you havent completed to advance), SOA missions.
Look into farming apex for CP for your jobs.
Omen is good idea to start to farm AF cards, it might be a little slow if you dont have a farm/objective friendly job and solid 119 gear yet.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-01-28 15:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
1. Missions. These are almost all made for a pre-iLvl player content, and all level caps (artificially restricting your level to say 30,40,50,etc) have been removed. Finishing these will give you access to extra areas of the game where endgame occurs, give you extra bonuses when it comes to Rhapsodies of Vanadiel questline, and even some still-relevant rewards like Suppanomimi, Rajas Ring, Moonshade Earring, etc. Start one storyline, pound it out in 3-6 days depending on play time and insanity desired.

(the following falls within the above "Missions", but deserves particular mentioning- Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. This really boosts your soloing capabilities in terms of leveling up jobs faster, as well as just simplifying the in-game life. Definitely worth prioritizing.)

2. Gather Homepoints. This should just be done as you explore other aspects of content. See a homepoint, tag it and add it to your collection. And don't give me the BS response of "just use homepoints addon"- not everyone wants that. Its frustrating doing something as simple as a grouped-up Ambuscade run only to find out your party's WHM doesn't have the necessary homepoint to farm the KI, or other examples.

3. Domain Invasion. Its quite easy, in fact, mindless, to get your 80 points a day. Plus, you're earning silt and beads as well in the process. Even if you never plan on building an aeonic, you'll want beads for upgrading AF gear through Omen. And silt is needed to get around Escha zones, purchasing Tribulens/Radialens' for participating in Gaes Fete fights, or buying Vorseals/Temporary Items.

4. Campaigns. These rotate monthly, but often you can pick at least 1 or 2 to "spam" during your free time in game when bored to stockpile ingredients for upgrading RMEA weapons, or just making Gil...both in high priority for a new/returning player. For example, next month is the "Capped Lights Voidwatch Campaign"- this means its a LOT easier and faster to farm Riftcinder/Riftdross/Heavy Metal Plates, etc from those Voidwatch mobs. You'll need to do the Voidwatch "storyline" to access the higher tier mobs (still very beatable for a newbie player with proper beginning gear, in particular with an item called "Displacers" which you can buy with gil and really weaken those mobs a TON. Here's the link to the BG Wiki page on Voidwatch. There are campaigns like this every month in a rotating fashion- and each has things from it still very relevant to today's game. No, not the armors and weapons so much, but the upgrade items,etc still sell VERY well, or you'll want them at some point. The point being- knowing how to abuse those campaigns to make gil is VERY valuable.

5. Gain-EXP. This is the new meta for solo gil making. Every 4 hours there is a new "special" RoE for earning sparks/accolades fast. Some are just ok, but something like Gain-EXP can be totally abused to make gil. There are 3 "Gain-EXP" windows a week- 6a-10a Sundays, 10p-2a Mondays, 2p-6p Wednesdays (all times EST). Find a time that fits your schedule, and try and get a few hours of it a week to get a nice infusion of gil for early on in gameplay. I'll let you do your own research and talk to friends in game about ways to do it that you can manage.

Start small. Build your access to this world thru missions and quest lines, then use that access to build up your war chest. Then repeat with something different! If you look at the whole picture at once it'll overwhelm you...remember how old this game is and that many of us had YEARS to build up that access and experience vs you desiring to "catch up" in a few weeks. If you always have a goal in mind and build your days around that goal, you'll have great motivation and a PLAN- the biggest thing you need right now. Best of luck, and keep truckin'.

This is an excellent response and has a bunch of information that I would never find. 4 and 5 especially. Thanks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-01-28 15:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was expecting another topic from Smurfyx.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-01-28 15:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Do ergon requirements every single day. I had no desire for GEO or RUN when I came back so ignored this. Now you need it for Ygnas and +1 rings so just do it. It takes 6 IRL months so better to do it now than later, I promise. When you do decide you want to have a RUN/GEO you are already set for your Ergon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-01-28 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Do ergon requirements every single day. I had no desire for GEO or RUN when I came back so ignored this. Now you need it for Ygnas and +1 rings so just do it. It takes 6 IRL months so better to do it now than later, I promise. When you do decide you want to have a RUN/GEO you are already set for your Ergon.

^ THIS

At least max your coalitions. You can spam simple assignments a couple times a week to do that. Worth doing Mog Garden as well though, at least.

Other thing I would say to look at doing with respect to campaigns is, if you are not set on Empyrean gear, go do some seal battles for Kupon I-Seals while that one is still active (couple days left I think). Don't waste time farming seals the old way.

A lot of other stuff will really depend on where you're at, and what sort of help you can muster if needed. Grabbing a pearl from a concierge and asking for some help may well save you months of grinding VE ambuscades and stuff.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-01-28 16:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexterm said: »
You need furrows in the mog garden rank 7 also for ring+1 if you want it ever. Full adoulin completion includes mog garden. If you only go in mog garden once a day and do furrows, 512 harvests will take you a LONG time.

I think many people don’t get Ygnas trust or their ring+1 solely because of furrows.

This means planting any seed I take it? As long as I keep furrows planted it will tic toward the goal?
By darty 2020-01-28 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For Ambu: even if you arent ready to spam Ambu, be sure to go in once a week to store up Seals for when you are ready to.

Monthly: be sure to look into AMAN Coffer and get your Orbs/Vouchers every month. Also - monthly Deeds of Heroism are a slow but good way to get extra orbs and even save up for ArtifactArmor+1/+2.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-01-28 17:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

darty said: »

Monthly: be sure to look into AMAN Coffer and get your Orbs/Vouchers every month. Also - monthly Deeds of Heroism are a slow but good way to get extra orbs and even save up for ArtifactArmor+1/+2.

Wow this drops good stuff. Can these be siloed? I have a Whm alt. Do your trusts get killed at 25%?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-01-28 18:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
This means planting any seed I take it? As long as I keep furrows planted it will tic toward the goal?

It's harvests. It doesn't matter what you plant or how many items it yields. It does speed up over time as you unlock the additional furrows as each count for one.
Everything else in the Mog Garden is pretty much an interact once a day deal. Monster Rearing has faster methods to rank it up, but you can still only do stuff once a day. If you just harvest furrows that one time a day you do the rest, they will take a good bit longer to cap.
If you want them to go faster, however... If you look at the list of plantable items here you'll note that some mature more quickly than others - Revival Tree Roots in particular at one hour, but Absorbent Seeds are two hours and cheap to buy from NPC. So, you can do more harvests in a day if you're able/inclined to.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-29 01:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexterm said: »
I think many people don’t get Ygnas trust or their ring+1 solely because of furrows.

Furrows are the easiest because you can control it and accelerate/desaccelerate at will.

The coastal and pond though, they are the true time gate. You need 80 days to get rank 7. If you miss one day from any of them, the minimum days till rank 7 increase to 81 and so go on.

Whats preventing me to get rings/ignas is the quests/coalitions part. As ive been playing on adoulin form a long time and am legend, i was expecting just minor stuffs to complete it, but then i actually just had 50% of all done, at best.

So, if you have the long time goal of getting ygnas/ring+1, repeating coalition quests are actually a time wasted. You can save some if you do at least one time all of them before starting repeating.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-01-29 05:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
darty said: »

Wow this drops good stuff. Can these be siloed? I have a Whm alt. Do your trusts get killed at 25%?

The mimic uses Ka-Whack as soon as its popped. While you can choose to fight the NM, it isn't an easy fight. Most people just run in, pop however many small chests until they are done, and then open the center chest to end the fight. At any point, one of the small chests you are opening can randomly be the mimic. So its either you are lucky and dont see it, of unlucky, pop the mimic, and die. Or if you are REALLY unlucky like me, you go 3 months in a row, and pop the mimic on the first chests 80% of the time.
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-29 05:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Or if you are like most other people, you go 3 months in a row, and pop the mimic on the first chests 80% of the time.
ftfy
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-01-30 08:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it isn't mentioned on the wiki page: Your first monthly task is to BUY 5 silver vouchers (100,000g each) from Greyson. This is something I forgot/misplaced when I came back, and missed out on 1.5 years worth of extra Ka-thwacks.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-30 08:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I monthly buy all vouchers in all mules but it always depend what are you aiming for. I want omen bodies or AMAN waist and ring. But for that, ive been just going straight to Loud Thuds. While i believe this is the most effective way to reach my own goals, its clear to me too that its a huge loss in terms of money. Ending with some amount of thuds can still net some sellables and maybe the 5M prize possibly making even the loss.

For a returning player, unless hes decked of money i dont think its justifiable to use 500k every month for vouchers.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2020-01-30 09:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I monthly buy all vouchers in all mules but it always depend what are you aiming for. I want omen bodies or AMAN waist and ring. But for that, ive been just going straight to Loud Thuds. While i believe this is the most effective way to reach my own goals, its clear to me too that its a huge loss in terms of money. Ending with some amount of thuds can still net some sellables and maybe the 5M prize possibly making even the loss.

For a returning player, unless hes decked of money i dont think its justifiable to use 500k every month for vouchers.

If the new player can make enough to buy those initial 500k worth of vouchers.. they can easily turn that into an orb to sell for 3m. That's an easy 5.5m a month just from doing AMAN. 8.5m a month if they do some of the objectives to get a third orb.

500k is easy to get, and it's a pretty good investment considering you get 6x your money back. Shouldn't be too hard for them to do.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-30 10:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I partially agree. Partially because selling orbs is just common in Asura. It can work in other servers but it is not as garanteed as Asura.
By Smurfyx 2020-01-31 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

This is an excellent response and has a bunch of information that I would never find. 4 and 5 especially. Thanks

wait they removed level restrictons?? no more limit breaks?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-31 11:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

level restrictions on the missions. Was in particular thinking of the Chains of Promathia missions that used to cap you during the BC or the crawl in the zone. Those caps are gone.

There still are limit breaks to get your CHARACTER up to 99, but you can do something like the Mammet battle in CoP 2:3 at level 99 if you so desire, rather than trying to find that group of 6 people all on the mission with level 30 gear.
By Smurfyx 2020-01-31 11:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

oh haha yea i was about to say
By mhomho 2020-01-31 12:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that level restriction to enter or the cap on the fight? I thought for certain fights you needed to be a certain level. I could take a level 1 through Wings of the Goddess? I didn't think so. Some later fights require 75 to enter.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-31 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
Is that level restriction to enter or the cap on the fight? I thought for certain fights you needed to be a certain level. I could take a level 1 through Wings of the Goddess? I didn't think so. Some later fights require 75 to enter.

considering how simple leveling is these days- more of a task than part of true gameplay- I honestly don't know. It was always a much bigger hassle to "go backwards" vs just leveling up, so that was the change I found much more interesting.