Escha Genbu - Would Dark SC Heal?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Escha Genbu - Would Dark SC heal?
Escha Genbu - Would Dark SC heal?
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-27 09:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to tri-box this with trusts for shield for my mules. I'd go cor with geo and whm mules. I was hoping to 4 step darkness Genbu but I know he heals from water dmg. Would darkness SC heal him since it has water properties?

If it does heal him, has anyone tried only leaden dmg on him and is that enough to take him down? I think I recall him having a hefty regen
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-01-27 09:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the constant invincibly spam prolly more a problem to constant SC's.
By Ozaii 2020-01-27 09:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark does heal genbu.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-01-27 09:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to tp fast enough to sc aim for lights.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-27 09:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp there goes my original strat. Hmmm, cor doesn't have a very good self light SC.

I'm wondering if I should change my strat to chango war with cor and geo tribox.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-27 09:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor can => Wildfire > Savage > Last Stand > Last Stand for Radiance with Fomalhaut. Probably not great on Genbu specifically, but it totally does have a good Light SC.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-27 09:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Cor can => Wildfire > Savage > Last Stand > Last Stand for Radiance with Fomalhaut. Probably not great on Genbu specifically, but it totally does have a good Light SC.

Yup I meant specifically for Genbu. I got r13 fomal but I'm sure last stand numbers will be poor on Genbu
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-01-27 10:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just going off memory of past experiences on Genbu as cor, (can’t remember the buffs) my damage was quite lackluster and I think Genbus overall defense and magic defense make cor a poor choice to solo genbu but I haven’t tried it,as I also have change war, IMO war would likely be a better choice for solo (w/ trusts).

Edit: also iirc Genbu gets the adamantoise *** move of wiping cor+brd buffs also making cor main DD on him less ideal.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-27 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I needed a couple shields for my mules as well so went and tackled this today.
SCH + GEO + RUN make quick work of this with Fragmentation bursting Thunder, I landed a ridiculous helix and my GEO was bursting for 97k

Helix

Geo MB

With him spamming Invincible non-stop I cant help but think SC+MB is the way to go
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-01-27 11:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Stand spam works fine. Not the fastest way, but it'll get the job done.

If you have RNG geared, Trueflight would be better.

Either way, I'd recommend a real tank. Not sure trusts could survive all the JA spam.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-27 11:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed this a few times on RDM/NIN before crocea mors and just whittled away at him with enspells during Invincible periods, chaining when I could to burst.

Now, with the addition of Crocea Mors pumping up that enspell damage, I'd without question go that route again, only lock Ullr in place as well to go Empyrean Arrow>Savage Blade>CDC for double light, and even 2 stepping just Empy Arrow>Savage gives a light to burst off of. If Invincible up, I'd just build TP for enspells, and hope I had TP already for Seraph. I haven't tried Sanguine on him...it could have high potential.

RDM gives you a ton of tools for something like this. It would be the route I'd go, or if you can 3box with GEO+COR+RUN, I'm sure that route would be highly effective as well...you'd just run into some issues during that Invincible spam.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-27 13:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my jobs
Main: r15 Tiz blu, multiple r15 rema cor with rostams, r15 chango war, blm, aegis pld,

Alt #1: 900 skill geo, buff only regal cor, basic whm(still missing empy pants and aome other key gear)
Alt #2: same as alt #1

I'm figuring my best bet would be chango war 5 step with cor and geo alts with koru/joachim/yoran for trusts
By SimonSes 2020-01-27 13:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said: »
war 5 step
Shiva.Ariaum said: »
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-27 14:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
war 5 step

1hr invince spam is not that bad. I have meleed genbu in an actual group b4 which is why I know. I think in the 6 man group before it was pld cor geo whm sam brd with sam 4 stepping alone
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-27 14:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

war 5 step

1hr invince spam is not that bad. I have meleed genbu in an actual group b4 which is why I know. I think in the 6 man group before it was pld cor geo whm sam brd with sam 4 stepping alone

Invincible spam is complete RNG. This is one of the reasons I stopped attemping a solo Genbu on RUN. And stuck with a more feasible job such as Monk or Red Mage.

You could get an Invincible every 1-2 minutes, or he will say *** You and spam it when it drops like an ***.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-27 14:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

war 5 step

I can vouch for this. I’ve been pushing Flute and Greatsword for myself and mule respectively, Genbu doesn’t spam Invincible, it’s more like uses every 1.5 minutes? Killed it fairly easily with SAM Multi-Chaining as far as possible between invincibles. Started off with AAEV as tank but she eventually gets killed then I’m Hybrid Tanking. It’s slow but steady. I will say though that I had some difficulty Dispelling Tortoise Shell and my mules are well geared MACC Wise but I guess you just need Premo gear to Dispel it reliably? *Shrugs*

AAEV
SAM/DRG (myself)
COR/THF (For free TH2)
BRD/WHM
GEO/RDM
WHM/SCH

Like I said, it’s probably no where near as fast as a Magic setup or RDM setup (A good RDM will obliterate) but it gets the job done in about 5 or 6 minutes.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-01-27 15:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it GEO + COR with trusts just using Leaden. Idris GEO and Death Penalty COR though. AA hume tanked it well. Just a matter of killing it before you run out of time. Probably not the easiest way though.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-27 16:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
I've done it GEO + COR with trusts just using Leaden. Idris GEO and Death Penalty COR though. AA hume tanked it well. Just a matter of killing it before you run out of time. Probably not the easiest way though.

Nice, it sounds like I have a couple of good options to try. Thanks ya'll
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-27 19:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I did 6 runs successfully as Cor and Geo x2 (900 skill only no idris) for alts. I tried 4 stepping with r13 fomal, leaden spam with r15 DP, and Savage blade spamming with anarchy+2; savage spam was the winner with under 7 min clears. The other two strats I nearly timed out with like 1min remaining

Cor rolls with r25 rostam: chaos/sam
Geo #1 buffs: Fury/Frailty
Geo #2 buffs: Haste/Geo-STR

Trusts with +3 lvl buff from trust quest:
ArkHM (He kept hate like a boss and took no dmg with capped haste)
Korumoru (can probably replace this dude with another support as I don't think he ever landed dispel against harden shell/Shell 5)
Yoran Oran (His main role was poinsonaing the pty..for heals he barely did much honestly not much dmg was taken and probably my geos could've main healed but then one of them would've needed to come /whm)

Overall drops were Genmei shield x 3, Genmei earring x2, Genmei Kabuto x1, and Escha ores x3. I did have TH4 on my cor btw
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-27 19:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll rarely ever land Dispel on Genbu lol.
Even close to BiS RDMs struggle to land it. This is with a Marine Stewpot.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [106 days between previous and next post]
By Asura.Aragan 2020-05-12 22:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SC+MB fast way light.. gl