Advice On Most Useful Jobs.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Advice on most useful jobs.
Advice on most useful jobs.
By Nariont 2020-01-21 09:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, theres no real perfect set at the moment, i just like the relic since jhakri has incredibly poor hp/def/meva/haste, fitting in the legs might work
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2020-01-21 10:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nariont said: »
GEO relic +2/3 is also an okay set to TP in, lacks the attack that jhakri provides but has much more haste, and defensive stats, still would be nice to get a decent set to TP in for mages, if just for the novelty of it.

Yeah I looked into Relic +3 before I built my mashed-together set. Problem with all of GEOs TP builds is that it is going to lack somewhere (STP, Multi-attack, DW, Haste, Acc/Att), and you will need to make sacrifices just to cap haste and DW (if /nin). More leeway single wielding, but then your tp gain is slow.

Volte set from Jeuno is also an option for GEO melee (imo one of the better options).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-21 10:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate building around Volte for such a niche use. It's a good set if you want have it and don't care for things liike DA/STP/Attack. From a pure accuracy, Haste, and Meva perspective, its a useful option.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-01-21 10:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco is a mule’s long lost child in Cerb
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-21 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
You do realize that Frailty / Maliase is a complete waste of time in Dynamis D due to -75% effectiveness of Geomancer debuffs on champion mobs.
No i didn't realize that. Are you sure it applies to red eyes nms too?
The only time we had our only GEO dc the kill time on wave 2 red eyes nms went up quite noticeably.
I thought it applied only to the megaboss and not to the w2 red eyes nms.
Couldn't it be they have a smaller reduction than 75%?
10.45% seems too small for it to make the huge difference we noticed.
By SimonSes 2020-01-21 11:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I tho it was 25% in wave 1, 50% in wave 2 and 75% in wave 3, but I have no idea how that went into my head.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-01-21 12:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question would be what does your LS frequently need or what do you mostly see shouts for on content? If you want a desired job used for more situations then look at what's lacking. Maybe you're on a server with lots of 4 REMA mule BRDs so they don't need them, but need a competent COR or RDM or WHM. Normally I'd say BRD is the most desired job but can depend on the people you roll with.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-21 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your server, just willing to not to be DD (and bonus point for willing to not to be THF as DD) is enough to be useful.

I played in many server on casuals shells, and regardless of place there were always half people just wanting to be THF in every kind of content.

If youre looking for endgame shells, the needs will be more explicit by leaders i guess.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-21 13:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post for a sugestion not that common but in my experience better than generic geo/brd/cor.

Surprisingly, i noticed there arent that many tanks proportionally.

And while you will always need suport jobs, it should be obvious its the tank who dictates the fight course. You can have ***suports, ***DDs. The worse that will happen is you timing out. But if you dont have a good tank, regardless how good are your DDs and suport what will happen is a bloody carnage.

So, its always useful having a good tank available. And a good tank can be achieved if you: can survive, can kinda of survive by yourself without depending on healers cures, and can maintain the mob attention.

Another good point of good tanks is that gives time for the party to get used to foe and learn how to do better, what certainly wont happen if your tank dies on first move.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-01-21 14:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually have a very well geared PLD... but I have been playing PLD to gear up my drk for freaking years. Story of my entire FFXI life has been playing PLD, BLM, SMN, or something just to gear up my DRK. It's always been frustrating too because DDs that I know I can outparse by +25% get to go and I'll be trapped on pld lol. #pitypartyover

You're not wrong tho, good tanks are hard to find... Be careful what you get good at I guess. IMO, tanking got boring when 119 was released. Tanking back in the 75s was amazingly fun.