By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-27 18:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Shichishito 2019-12-27 19:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-27 19:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Disney has ruined Star Wars, they are the worst. Who made up that dumb rule that Mandalorians cant take off their helmet? That was never the case, in fact we first see Jango Fett without a helmet. Bobba Fett kept his on always but it was never said thats a cultural thing with them. So far reaching on everything, stop Disney!!
[+]
By volkom 2019-12-27 19:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-12-28 04:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-28 13:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kingnobody just gave me a seizure.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-28 14:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I think the new Star Wars film is good. I regret that it didn't end by the force cancelling itself out by both the Emporer and Rey and Kylo Ren dying so that the ***could just end. They have clearly left it open so they can ressurect it again one day to make moar money. I predict there will be some kind of split in the force again at some point. Maybe Ren and Finn will have babies and have twins and one is good and one is evil.

I am curious to see if Darth Mickey and co. go the route of trying to create their own Star Wars Legend, or use the wealth of material in canon to bring aspects to the big screen not thought possible before. Gimme some of the pre-republic glory days of the Sith type stories and I'm all there. Having them try and create a "modern" Star Wars legend on their own...I'm not around for that.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-12-31 03:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i watched the first 3 episodes and kinda lost interest after that...
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-31 06:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst part of The Mandelorion (sp?) is the flood of baby Yoda memes. I'm not entirely against all of them. Some are decent, but the majority are total cringe. I saw one with baby Yoda calling original Yoda a "boomer" and wanted to take a bath with a toaster.

The best part of the new Star Wars film is people started referring to JJ Abrams as JarJar Abrams and that is just a simply wonderful way for a fandom to crush him. Granted, I'm certain nearly every major plot-point and fan-service they ruined/added were shoe-horned in by Disney committee think-tanks and focus-groups.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-31 06:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

But I <3 baby Yoda he is so cute.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-31 08:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This baby yoda is kinda like a fever isnt it?

I have been seeing those pics on imgur.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-31 08:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
The best part of the new Star Wars film is people started referring to JJ Abrams as JarJar Abrams and that is just a simply wonderful way for a fandom to crush him. Granted, I'm certain nearly every major plot-point and fan-service they ruined/added were shoe-horned in by Disney committee think-tanks and focus-groups.
Given the rest of his body of work... I'm confident you're wrong on that. He can't "land the plane" worth for anything in anything he has ever been in charge of.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-31 08:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I think the new Star Wars film is good. I regret that it didn't end by the force cancelling itself out by both the Emporer and Rey and Kylo Ren dying so that the ***could just end. They have clearly left it open so they can ressurect it again one day to make moar money. I predict there will be some kind of split in the force again at some point. Maybe Ren and Finn will have babies and have twins and one is good and one is evil.

I am curious to see if Darth Mickey and co. go the route of trying to create their own Star Wars Legend, or use the wealth of material in canon to bring aspects to the big screen not thought possible before. Gimme some of the pre-republic glory days of the Sith type stories and I'm all there. Having them try and create a "modern" Star Wars legend on their own...I'm not around for that.

Everything they do is a cash grab using fan service. They could of easily set the a series in the chaotic period between VI and VII without having to resort to "Look another mysterious Bobba Fett character" or "totally check out this Yoda-not-Yoda". All that grab is done to sell merchandise. In fact ALL the bad decisions made after VI were done to sell merchandise. Instead of JarJar they have Baby Yoda.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Battle/dp/B0042HOU2G

As others have said, they need to just let go of everything made after VI as the total dumpster fire of commercialized garbage merchandise it is. Probably the single worst event that happened was LucasFilm realizing it could make more money from merchandise then from content.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-31 08:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Given the rest of his body of work... I'm confident you're wrong on that. He can't "land the plane" worth for anything in anything he has ever been in charge of.

That man is more successful then anyone on this forum. I'm not a huge fan but you gotta give respect where it's due. Movie producers would not hand these directors millions of USD in payment along with control over hundreds of millions of USD worth of investment if they weren't able to return huge profits.

And profit, not your feelings or opinion, is all that matters.
[+]
 Odin.Arcarsenal
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arcarsenal 2019-12-31 10:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Disney has ruined Star Wars, they are the worst. Who made up that dumb rule that Mandalorians cant take off their helmet? That was never the case, in fact we first see Jango Fett without a helmet. Bobba Fett kept his on always but it was never said thats a cultural thing with them. So far reaching on everything, stop Disney!!

Jango Fett was never a Mandalorian, he was a renegade bounty hunter wearing Mandalorian armor. Same with Boba Fett. Neither were Mandalorians in the tribal sense.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-12-31 10:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Arcarsenal said: »

Jango Fett was never a Mandalorian, he was a renegade bounty hunter wearing Mandalorian armor. Same with Boba Fett. Neither were Mandalorians in the tribal sense.
In Star Wars the Clone Wars animated series there were plenty of Mandalorian's who removed their helmet. (Pre Vizla, Bo Katon, Sabine Wren in Rebels. Forgive me if I butchered the spelling) So he's not entirely wrong. It does make it interesting and I like it but just making a point.
[+]
By volkom 2019-12-31 10:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Odin.Arcarsenal said: »

In Star Wars the Clone Wars animated series there were plenty of Mandalorian's who removed their helmet. (Pre Vizla, Bo Katon, Sabine Wren in Rebels. Forgive me if I butchered the spelling) So he's not entirely wrong. It does make it interesting and I like it but just making a point.

this is a good theory vid on why he doesn't take off his helmet.

tl;dw?
he's a foundling and its that reason if he were to take off the helmet he would be casting aside his new identity. The mandalorians in clone wars are not foundlings so they can remove their helmets.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-12-31 11:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes more sense that different parts follow different paths or possibly after the slaughter they went to "old ways" or something along those lines.

I kind of like how they don't explain it when they could with some simple exposition, it leaves the imagination open.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-31 12:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this thread's title.

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-01-04 00:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving this show another chance, but it has been cookie-cutter predictable story formula so far...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-01-04 00:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

on another note:

Is Master Chief a Mandalorian? These Mandalorian are basically Halo Spartans...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-01-04 02:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished ep 1-6...

if a score of 5 is average, I’d give it a 5.7 out of 10.
By ashcrow 2020-01-04 02:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

thats trash if it happens
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-01-04 04:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2