Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Ohrmazd + Duskorb
Ohrmazd + Duskorb
 Asura.Dibble
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-12-14 08:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to get some Pet: STR and VIT and DEX on some Ohrmazd. Have now traded over 30 Duskorb +1 and not seen a single Pet: augment.

Am I just being really unlucky or am I doing something wrong?
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-14 09:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the augment system.

Edit: But yes according to wiki you are doing it right https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Alluvion_Skirmish_Weapons
By Nariont 2019-12-14 10:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

would say you're better off buying the su4/5 than using dusk orbs for the pet stats, fairly certain the +15~20 auto WS dmg will counter both the +tpp bonus and the raw stats on any puppet WS, but yes, thats normal
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-14 13:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
would say you're better off buying the su4/5 than using dusk orbs for the pet stats, fairly certain the +15~20 auto WS dmg will counter both the +tpp bonus and the raw stats on any puppet WS, but yes, thats normal

If you're going for pet offense, agreed. Hell, I'd go Ohtas over Ohrmazd for pure pet offense (though I did use my Ohrmazd for hybrid tank/DPS pet builds).

Ohrmazd is still my favorite tanking weapon though, and there's nothing in the Dusk slot more useful.

30 skirmish stones with 0 of the augment you want is not that unusual (but sometimes you'll see two pieces with great augments in 2 or 3 trades). Keep trying and you'll get that STR/DEX/VIT augment!
By Nariont 2019-12-14 16:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

typically when im tanking and i really need that pet DT i just use condemners or midnights if i dont want to swap for whatever reason. Otherwise i forgoe that slot for DT since the su4 h2h are just too good for what they add to offense
By clearlyamule 2019-12-14 18:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohrmazd were good for having DT AND still having tp bonus for the auto and some base stats for them