Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By kiania 2019-12-11 13:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
8 people replied on the official forums... Lets scrap the whole new system because they don't understand that "EVERYONE" is doing DI right now. Once people get their stuff (2-3) months it will be back to the normal.

Even if that is the case, 2-3 months is a substantial amount of time to expect people who want to farm beads to wait. As it was before the change the "normal" was usually horrid on asura, since more then half the people doing DI were using the Quetz lua and killing within seconds of it popping.
[+]
By soralin 2019-12-11 13:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Weekly limit makes a lot of sense.

People want to be able to play when they feel like during the week.

Just make the cap reset on conquest update like how most stuff works in this game. Thats pretty standard to FFXI's design.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-11 13:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »

Just make the cap reset on conquest update like how most stuff works in this game. Thats pretty standard to FFXI's design.

They don't care what you want to do. They want you playing DAILY. As in every day. Not when you want to.

I'm super impressed you got 38 people to upvote it on the OF though. You couldn't get 38 people to line up to give away a free hundred million gil.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-11 14:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
soralin said: »

They don't care what you want to do. They want you playing DAILY. As in every day. Not when you want to.

I'm super impressed you got 38 people to upvote it on the OF though. You couldn't get 38 people to line up to give away a free hundred million gil.

Go back to your crystal farming.

They do care what you do. They just dont understand english.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-12-11 15:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They want us playing each day, sure, but in the end they only want us to stay subbed each month.

If you feeling like you're doing chores everyday rather than doing what you want to do just to keep up with everybody else, then you're going to get burnt out quick and end up quitting (temporarily because obviously no one ever quits for good).

It'd be in their best interests to make it a weekly. Daily blows balls and I'm extremely against it as someone with a busy RL/limited play time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-11 16:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it funny that THIS is the daily that is the straw that breaks the camels back

Actually, not really. It's just new. You'll all break down and accept it in a couple days. It's nice to see some fighting spirit for a couple minutes though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-11 16:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its *** sad people are ok with getting 80 points a day on a 4 year old event that was revamped for new players while its a indirect nerf to beads...

There is zero skill here as well as fun in this event now. Its a straight up chore
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-11 17:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it funny that THIS is the daily that is the straw that breaks the camels back

Actually, not really. It's just new. You'll all break down and accept it in a couple days. It's nice to see some fighting spirit for a couple minutes though.

Not really because they made it more annoying to get beads...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-11 17:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to say it's temporary, that SE will change something to be more doable but considering they still havent changed dyna div, i guess this current DI tend to stay like that
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-11 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I would like to say it's temporary, that SE will change something to be more doable but considering they still havent changed dyna div, i guess this current DI tend to stay like that
lolwhat... They adjusted divergence a DOZEN times to make it "playable" now.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Its a straight up chore
No ***. The ENTIRE game is a chore. The second you touch the kb you start working on a list of ***you need to do today.

Ambuscade isn't a chore? Divergance isn't a chore? Omen isn't a chore? Mythics aren't a chore? Missions aren't a chore? Coalitions aren't a chore? Mog garden isn't a chore? Come on.

Draylo said: »
Not really because they made it more annoying to get beads...
It's 2020. You don't have all 16 aeonics already? Spam T3 like the smart people do. Merc and make money while you do it.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-12-11 17:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ones addiction and inability to keep their own life going smoothly without video games intruding on it makes it a "chore". Sorry that you feel compelled to obtain the most pixels. Maybe... try not doing that. Its just as fun of a game as when you miss a day or two or ten.
By Draylo 2019-12-11 17:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Or don't do it at all and get it done like the smart people did. I have no need for every aeonic, I couldn't care less about AH points.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 17:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Or don't do it at all and get it done like the smart people did. I have no need for every aeonic, I couldn't care less about AH points.
^

There's really not any point in having all of them. I probably sold 200 aeonic runs when it was worth something, and I only have 8 or 9 on my highest character. Even farming beaucedine is a waste of time if you won't use the result.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-12-11 17:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd hit like on the official forum, but I don't have a login and I'm not making one.

The whole "Login every single day and do <insert something here>" is fine for really simple tasks that take all of 2 or 3mins and have little or no real impact on your ability to keep up in the game in terms of fight performance.

Dark Matter campaigns are one of the biggest rule breakers for me in this regard, but they take literally 1.5mins per day to do and so it's hard to be loud about it.

But when you have to login every single day for something that takes an hour of your time, and does end up making a difference in how you're able to perform in an encounter (obtaining new gear), it crosses the line for me.

I mean, let's say someone only plays with any seriousness on the weekends. They are only going to be able to realistically get 2 or 3 out of the 7 dailies worth of points. Let's say they do get 2 out of the 7 days in terms of total points. So 80x2=160 points. You're talking about ~13 days of real life time for one piece of gear for someone who does it every single day vs 6.5 weeks for someone who plays 2 days a week to get the same piece of gear.

And there's NO way for skill or performance to shore up the difference in obtaining the new gear. This content requires no skill. You don't even have to engage to get the Domain Points. So it's purely coming down to disposable time. Pilling on too many dailies is a great way to needlessly punish people who have things to do in Real Life.

I'm totally fine with gated content, and I understand the need for it, and I understand the various mechanisms you can use to employ time gates, but I'm not ok with the seeming bombardment of "dailies".

When you have a Dark Matter campaign, for example, sometimes I'm happy to login and do that and other times I feel like I suffer through it just to login for the whole 2mins to do it, even though just logging into this game is an archaic experience that takes longer than it should have to. As soon as I enter my password(s) and hit enter, I should be looking at a character select screen. But I digress on the archaic login.

People have Real Life stuff going on, and weeklies are highly preferred over dailies.

And whoever said something about a lull between the beginning and the end of the week, if it was a weekly instead of a daily, where people could maybe actually get their bead farming in, I just want to say that was a good point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-11 17:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

no ***. The ENTIRE game is a chore

Idk how people play a game and not have fun with it...

Oh wait... this is your job.. my bad my dude
[+]
 Fenrir.Esmrambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Esmrambo
By Fenrir.Esmrambo 2019-12-12 08:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the current domain invasion. With lots of ppl I have better chance of surviving to get vorseals. Maybe the could speed up the frequency instead of having to wait 15 min between fights.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-12-12 08:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There was no reason to put the dragons on a rotating timer after four years of this event. They kept gradually reducing the respawn time on these guys and then they pull this... probably so they can add a campaign later to make them spawn separately and/or more quickly something nice and "unique".
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 08:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How about they make it just one dragon that takes 18 hours to kill ?
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2019-12-12 08:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible they do fixes like what's proposed on the thread based on total kills? If we hit 1000, then the cap gets increased, hitting 5000, the respawn rate reduced... something like that? Or is that a level of foresight that we've never seen before and it's nothing but absolutely wishful thinking?
By fonewear 2019-12-12 09:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just skip all the dragon *** help other people kill notorious monsters for beads.

So they can do whatever they want with the dragon.
By Aldolol 2019-12-12 09:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are saying they have gotten 40 DI points on a kill (not seen a screenshot to back it up tho) maybe there is a mechanic behind it other than blindly AoEing the first wave on BLU and DPSing the dragon as soon as possible.

All for a weekly cap though, adding an extra hour to already limited play time on weeknights is a bit much.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-12 09:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aldolol said: »
Some people are saying they have gotten 40 DI points on a kill (not seen a screenshot to back it up tho) maybe there is a mechanic behind it other than blindly AoEing the first wave on BLU and DPSing the dragon as soon as possible.

the update notes quite clearly said you get double points if you killshot the dragon or the last mob of the wave, 4x if you get both
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2019-12-12 10:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I get 40 points if I sneak out the killshot in wave 1. It's a nice reduction in one entire run.

Isn't there also a party boost if you went in with a group of 6? Or is that just 6 participants in the DI in general?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-12 10:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The limits are too low imo. I understand that they want to extend getting gear for the longest time possible, but really, the daily limits should be at least 3 times what they are.

Like most people here said, most of us have lives. Let those who live in this game 24/7 get gear the fastest, and the rest of us dirty casuals get it on our own time quicker, not years ahead.

Because people will get bored from doing DI on a daily basis. Turn something into a chore and people will stop doing it quickly. Make it bad enough, and people will drop out of this game period.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-12 10:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda makes me worried about future updates

I hated 60hr lock of dyna d but I could stomach it.

Now this on trivial easy content.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-12 11:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda makes me worried about future updates

I hated 60hr lock of dyna d but I could stomach it.

Now this on trivial easy content.

I figured it out. Mobile FFXI wasn't abandoned, current FFXI is just transitioning to mobile gameplay! One of those pesky translation errors, no doubt.
[+]
By Taint 2019-12-12 11:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Did my first cycle yesterday and worst part was finding the train.

Find current dragon > make a sandwich > second dragon > quick Einherjar > third dragon > Did a Lilith > fourth dragon

The two key points are you don’t have to rush to just wait at the next dragon and you can AFK and get 20 points. It’s annoying but reminds me of king camping. Find something useful to do between them. Eat, clean your room, do some Push ups, check AH, einherjar etc.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-12 11:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... no

I don't play games when I have stuff to do..i play games after im done with the stuff I need to do...

If thats what you do... awesome... But for most people we play to unwind... not to wait

Again weekly with a 2k cap with old spawn system or this events *** trash
[+]
By gargurty 2019-12-12 11:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yup i won`t waste my time on this.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-12 11:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

But for most people we play to unwind
I think a lot of people forget that.

Or call us who play this game like that filthy casuals.

But that's ok.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8