Private FFXI Servers
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-27 13:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh noes

The game made new stuff and content and I needed to get it to be the best again...

This is so sad... alexia play despacito

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-27 14:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

shhhhh. just let them fap to the good old days and maybe they'll go away. at least, until the next time someone brings up Nasomi/Eden in 2-3 weeks.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2019-12-09 16:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to the old ways being slow, I've tried a few private servers and enjoying playing on Era myself. It features homepoints, 4x exp, and a handful of other QoL improvements. Being able to multibox up to 6 characters and attempt loads of ridiculous things is part of the fun here, for sure. Most of the community is fairly nice.

It definitely fills a need when I don't feel like there's anything I desire to do on retail (which is 90% of the time, sadly).

You can currently use any FFXI install (including current retail, Nasomi's or Eden's) to access Era. You just need to grab xiloader and point Ashita/Windower to it. Some cutscenes or item attributes might be off due to weird ***the admins on those other servers do to their dats, but you'll be able to login, run around and try it out.

I'm actually in the process of grabbing the most recent custom installer and making a new public torrent for it. I'll try to remember to double back here and link to it.
[+]
By ashcrow 2019-12-09 17:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

daemun said: »
This may not be the best place for this post, and it may even be a topic that is no longer allowed to be discussed on ffxiah. Therefore, apologies in advance on both counts.

However, if it is ok to discuss- I wanted to know of any private servers that people might recommend. I would prefer 75 cap content, but just looking at something to help get my son's feet wet in FFXI without the hassle of paying for a month for my old two accounts.

I just missed the login campaign where my son expressed interest in some sort of role playing. We were going to use "classes" in Dark Souls but the concept of duoing in FFXI seemed like it would work better.

I have used (extremely briefly) Era in the past, but it seemingly fell off the map with its forum completely bare and I can't seem to find working links to dl the updates nor get my character logged in any more.

Any direction would be wonderful, and if it's something not allowed on here or without fruit, I guess worst case I'll breakdown and re-dl the clients on mine and my wife's laptops and burn a month login just to show my son around and see if he takes to it.

Eden
https://edenxi.com/
[+]
By ashcrow 2019-12-09 17:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
One of my fondest memories is running around the fountain in Whitegate for hours while I waited looking for group on THF, the good old days.
make your own party?
By daemun 2019-12-12 16:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
In regards to the old ways being slow, I've tried a few private servers and enjoying playing on Era myself. It features homepoints, 4x exp, and a handful of other QoL improvements. Being able to multibox up to 6 characters and attempt loads of ridiculous things is part of the fun here, for sure. Most of the community is fairly nice.

It definitely fills a need when I don't feel like there's anything I desire to do on retail (which is 90% of the time, sadly).

You can currently use any FFXI install (including current retail, Nasomi's or Eden's) to access Era. You just need to grab xiloader and point Ashita/Windower to it. Some cutscenes or item attributes might be off due to weird ***the admins on those other servers do to their dats, but you'll be able to login, run around and try it out.

I'm actually in the process of grabbing the most recent custom installer and making a new public torrent for it. I'll try to remember to double back here and link to it.
We still haven't played a second time and I did a short stint in Era and enjoyed it. Drop that link when you get a chance, please.

ashcrow said:

Thanks
By Draylo 2019-12-12 19:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
One of my fondest memories is running around the fountain in Whitegate for hours while I waited looking for group on THF, the good old days.
make your own party?

If you read the next post, I did. Looking for bard also sucked, but keep those nostalgia goggles on and do your thing.
 Odin.Uhlquiorra
Server: Odin
user: Sakuhra
By Odin.Uhlquiorra 2019-12-13 01:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
make your own party?
With 6 DDs, because no healers or tanks were seeking for a party currently?
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-13 01:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. Did that in a Garlaige Citadel party main healing on DNC once.