A Challenge From Lion! Part 2 Commences Today!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » A Challenge from Lion! Part 2 Commences Today!
A Challenge from Lion! Part 2 Commences Today!
By alamihgo 2019-11-21 15:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleared in 17min MNK/WAR with Spharai. DT/Counter hybrid + Counterstance. Trusts: Yoran, Koru, Arciela, Joachim, Ulmia.

Dropped the pretense of strategy and went for full unga bunga. Mantra pre-pull. Zeid first, let trusts buff/debuff. Supertank until Arciela does Dynastic Gravitas, then just voke Lion (Aldo can run around harmlessly). Once buffs are on, wait for Zeid to use his 10s stun ability then stack MNK buff + Hundred Fists. SC Light - keep it short in case he stuns again - until Zeid is down. Souleater never occurred on this attempt and still don't know what triggers it.

Alternate between Lion and Aldo as each of them use Perfect Dodge. Lion's dispel is annoying, but not disqualifying. Hunker down until trusts rebuff. Whatever you do, make sure Lion dies first. Left alone, Aldo is a kitten. Despite the ninjutsu, he doesn't Mijin or anything stupid like that.
By Avamoon 2019-11-21 15:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did this in a party of 6.
WAR, MNK, BLU, BRD, WHM, GEO.

Slept them, killed Zeid first, then Aldo, saved Lion for last.

Zeid went down easily. Aldo SC'd darkness a LOT and actually killed WAR and BLU. Dropped Aldo, regrouped, then went after Lion. The AoE stun she does is a bit rough, but pull to a corner and the AoE knockback wasn't an issue. Timed it for MNK, WAR, and GEO to 1hr right after a PD ended. 0 deaths on Lion part.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-21 16:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Souleater is purely time based. Kill him first, and you'll never see it unless your DPS is very lacking.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-22 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Possibly silly question, but has any one tried dispelling Zeid's souleater? Bloodweapon is an SP, so it should be undispellable. But souleater should be a regular JA buff unless they specifically modified it on Zeid for this fight
Just solo'd RDM/NIN in about 29mins. Souleater is dispellable. Really obnoxious fight because of all the stuns/knockbacks/dispels from Lion, stopped bothering with shadows and most rebuffs entirely, only did Haste2/Temper and CDC spam with R14 Almace. Slept Aldo then Lion, killed Zeid, 1%'d Aldo & slept him, killed Lion, killed Aldo. Trusts I used were AAEV (she ate a souleater hit before I could dispel it but RR'd because of the campaign), yoran, ygnas, ulmia, joachim. Didn't seem like Aldo built resist to Sleep, though AAEV Arrogance hit him and and Lion so keep them seperated if using her.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-22 10:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone get anything good out of the Moogle Sacoche btw? I got a Datechochin :-|
By Tarage 2019-11-25 21:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Plutons.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-11-25 22:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Anyone get anything good out of the Moogle Sacoche btw? I got a Datechochin :-|

Got different fireworks on all three of mine, so that's probably the common thing it dispenses.
By Draylo 2019-11-25 23:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it BLU + GEO, just kept them slept and did Zeid first. After he died we took Aldo down low, slept him, then worked on Lion and finished them both close to each other. Some of their WS are really dumb like grapeshot being a long stun(13~15s) that she spams.
By Homsar 2019-11-28 00:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** do you do about Souleater? He seems to use it at random and it's insta-death.
By Draylo 2019-11-28 01:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you killing him first? He didn't use it in the time I took to take him down.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2019-11-28 10:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
What the *** do you do about Souleater? He seems to use it at random and it's insta-death.

Use shadows, keep him stunned and/or dispel it.
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-11-28 16:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Have burned this at least 6 times as rng.
0 issues with souleater, 0 deaths to it.

Also the timer on the bcnm may or may not be broken.
By Homsar 2019-11-28 21:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Are you killing him first? He didn't use it in the time I took to take him down.

His usage of it is random as far as I can tell. I've had him use it in the first 60 seconds and I've had him not use it at all. He also seems to be immune or extremely resistant to sleep. I always go for him first, but if I kill him Aldo and Lion become too powerful to take down. Even if I manage to take out Zeid, Aldo busts out Shockstorm Edge for 1.5k+ on my BLU and always manages to self-SC for the kill.

I'm stuck here. I can carefully take Zeid out most of the time, but then Aldo self-SCs me with Shockstorm Edge for enough to 1 shot me with capped out -DT gear. Nobody on Bismarck does this ***either so I'm forever locked out.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-11-29 06:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stuck here. I can carefully take Zeid out most of the time, but then Aldo self-SCs me with Shockstorm Edge for enough to 1 shot me with capped out -DT gear. Nobody on Bismarck does this ***either so I'm forever locked out.

Are you buffing for defense beyond that? I had little issue with the fight using a similar strategy to what Draylo mentioned, though I was using BLU BRD GEO. Killed Zeid off the bat, then took Lion down to low HP before starting on Aldo. At that point, Lion was DoT'ed, so I was just face tanking both, but neither hit for much damage.
Could be due to gear/buffs (Malignance, and i was using Indi-Barrier), there's also the debuffs that might hurt if not erased. So, things you may be able to offset with different food or keeping Cocoon up or something. Or just find a GEO that needs it too.
By alenaud 2019-11-29 08:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

His usage of it is random as far as I can tell. I've had him use it in the first 60 seconds and I've had him not use it at all. He also seems to be immune or extremely resistant to sleep. I always go for him first, but if I kill him Aldo and Lion become too powerful to take down. Even if I manage to take out Zeid, Aldo busts out Shockstorm Edge for 1.5k+ on my BLU and always manages to self-SC for the kill.

I'm having the exact same issue trying to solo this on BLU. Any BLU that soloed this have any input on handling that move from Aldo?
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-29 08:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody on Bismarck does this ***either so I'm forever locked out.
Feel free to message me in game and I'll help you clear it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [350 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-14 00:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done this fight again for the new dagger? Might try it again but didn't know about drop rate / if I should bring a thief
 Lakshmi.Kyera
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2020-11-14 01:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Has anyone done this fight again for the new dagger? Might try it again but didn't know about drop rate / if I should bring a thief

I don't have any actual data to offer, but I did this with my mule and two friends, everyone but my mule got the new dagger. We were BLU RUN DRG WHM, no TH at all.
By Draylo 2020-11-14 01:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I didn't realize they added a new weapon, is it as ugly as those tiny tooth picks from last time?
By Pantafernando 2020-11-14 02:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

this one?

By Torzak 2020-11-14 03:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's Esikuva which was available from the last go of this.

The new weapon is called Infiltrator.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-14 03:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SO this one:

By Torzak 2020-11-14 03:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-14 12:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did it and the dagger didn't drop ;;
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-14 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

dropped on the second attempt when I brought actual human players. it was a personal pool drop, so I'm surprised it didn't drop the first time :/
By Pantafernando 2020-11-14 14:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not garanteed, most likely.

I remeber when i farmed lament on the last day on mules, 5 out 6 got it and one, no.

Those cosmetic should have very high drop rate but not 100%
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2020-11-18 11:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

BCNM easy to solo with trust?
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-11-20 17:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished a strategy and solo video on how to manage this. Should help out people trying it in a party setup as well. Really a fun fight, I wish they would make more of these new Battlefields!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-11-20 20:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

instead of these for non glowy lv1 weapons, how about a new Adoulin master trial with all the SR bosses in it at once. thatd be sick.