Ya'll arguing with a sock.
[+]
 Bahamut.Hismena
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Hismena 2019-11-17 17:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

spengler said: »
Never once moved a single goal post. From the start I was comparing how a company like blizzard(or anyone) would handle the wealth of information/addons that SE allowed on FFXI. No idea why you were trying to change the conversation to make it fit whatever you're talking about.

I'm not a sock account, I don't post on FFXIAH, my ego doesn't need fed, anyone who knows who I am can confirm I'm not a sock account if they'd like.

To get to the conclusion you came to, you'd have to assume I don't know windower has mapped most packets (false) and completely ignore any of the context of the conversation going on. You do you though, whatever gets you that self-pat on the back.

Ok, Canibal.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-17 18:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Spengler is neither Canibal nor a sock. He is a FFXI player that has not previously posted on XIAH. Obviously, that is not his main linked to the forum.

Windower team should be completely embarassed to have let someone like Nekseus join their team(he admits he can't code worth ***, yet he has access to the core and keeps dropping 'we' and pretending to have influence with windower).

Not touching the rest, mostly semantics anyway.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-17 18:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Semantics literally make up everything, if you don't establish them then you have nothing to even discuss.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 18:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower team should be completely embarassed to have let someone like Nekseus join their team
translation: they should let me join instead!
By clearlyamule 2019-11-17 18:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn this thread has gone places. Spengler is just as dead now as Harold Ramis
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 19:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
This was bitched about loudly and publicly
thats what i'm talking about, there is barely any outrage although there should be in order to pressure SE towards change. even in the current dupe affair you can occasionally find some post that sides with the dupers.

if i'm not mistaken there is a block function on this forum, you don't really need the mods if you can't handle someones posts for what ever reason.

Theres no outrage over third party programs like windower or ashita because people prefer using them. Its like asking why theres no major outrage over alcohol.... because most people enjoy drinking it in some form to some degree.
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 19:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Spengler is neither Canibal nor a sock. He is a FFXI player that has not previously posted on XIAH. Obviously, that is not his main linked to the forum.

Windower team should be completely embarassed to have let someone like Nekseus join their team(he admits he can't code worth ***, yet he has access to the core and keeps dropping 'we' and pretending to have influence with windower).

I'm pretty sure I said "We" once actually and it was regarding the packet types lua which is kinda a "we" type of file. I never implied I have any influence. Whether I code for ***or I'm just humble about it doesnt matter either. I damn well know my use and whether I'm a pro programmer or not doesnt change anything.

You going to open that fat mouth of yours again and start dropping drama you know about pal?
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 19:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Theres no outrage over third party programs like windower or ashita because people prefer using them. Its like asking why theres no major outrage over alcohol.... because most people enjoy drinking it in some form to some degree.
to stick to your metaphor there are the responsible drinkers and there are alcohol abusers. the later ones should cause outrage.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-17 19:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had any interest in being on Windower's team in 6 or 7 years. Ashita is more stable, and everything of use windower has is open source(lua).

Nekseus said: »
I'm pretty sure I said "We" once actually and it was regarding the packet types lua which is kinda a "we" type of file. I never implied I have any influence. Whether I code for ***or I'm just humble about it doesnt matter either. I damn well know my use and whether I'm a pro programmer or not doesnt change anything.

You going to open that fat mouth of yours again and start dropping drama you know about pal?
It's not just the not knowing how to code, it's the whole 'conducting yourself like an angry teenager'. Everyone else posting on behalf of windower has some amount of composure, then there's you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 19:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

to stick to your metaphor there are the responsible drinkers and there are alcohol abusers. the later ones should cause outrage.

Sure, but now define an alcohol abuser. Are we talking about the guy getting sloshed on the weekends not really hurting anyone other than potentially themselves? Or are we talking about drunk drivers?

RMT and speedhacks and the like fall into the getting sloshed category, as they really dont hurt anyone anymore and no one really cares. Anything worth getting is R/EX, and Vize breaking out his credit card again only really affects his financial situation.

The beastmen medals is clearly more towards the second, though i personally really dont care a lot because SE still refuses to reduce/remove the entry timer to it. SE was clearly happy with what was in flux with it, else something would have been done long before.

Realistically the game will never have a real economy ever again anyway. Anyone with items has all the gil in the world as is, and anyone without items is poor as ***. Most servers have a dead AH and you need to effectively perform an RMT action to swap to asura and back just to buy anything as-is. If we are going to talk about fixing the economy, beastmen medals are really low on the totem pole here, and the game needs a lot of revamps to get something working that isnt just "max gil players swapping gil" or "Large multi million NPC required items to upgrade".
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 19:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had any interest in being on Windower's team in 6 or 7 years. Ashita is more stable, and everything of use windower has is open source(lua).

Nekseus said: »

It's not just the not knowing how to code, it's the whole 'conducting yourself like an angry teenager'. Everyone else posting on behalf of windower has some amount of composure, then there's you.
I'm not posting on behalf of anyone. I'm saying what I want to say and whether you think it is childish doesnt mean a thing to me. I think you try to hard to be known as the tough guy but hey whats my opinion matter im the one who's childish...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 19:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
To say people buying gil doesn't affect players is really naive. People buying Gil is the reason RMT fill up CP camps with their shitty parties and prevent real players being able to use them. They basically ruined CP so much that they have a monopoly on some zones on Asura so many people are better off paying them. Just to give one example.

Sounds like a first world asura problem. RMT generally stay out of sight so they dont get reported. Why make yourself have a large profile?

Then again, SE sells gil.

Also, CP parties are terrible for gil making. You do that if youre selling JP.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT and speedhacks and the like fall into the getting sloshed category, as they really dont hurt anyone anymore and no one really cares.
no. its been discussed countless times how they affect others, just because the pro cheat camp doesn't want to acknowledge that doesn't make it less of a fact.

The beastmen medals is clearly more towards the second, though i personally really dont care a lot because SE still refuses to reduce/remove the entry timer to it.
if you are in the pro exploit camp it makes no sense to have this discussion.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 20:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I don't know how it's so good Gil for them to be so blatant. 10m per char for 8 hrs to make 500 JP because they're slow as ***. Max 3 chars = 30m every 8 hours but completely afk I guess is not bad.

That would fall under merc-ing, instead of RMT. Real money was not traded in this scenario.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 20:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RMTing hurts the already very bad party situation of FFXI as the buyer will pay a merc for JP or items they desire instead of joining a group.
speed/pos hacking was the center of multiple exploits and easy modes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 20:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RMTing hurts the already very bad party situation of FFXI as the buyer will pay a merc for JP or items they desire instead of joining a group.
speed/pos hacking was the center of multiple exploits and easy modes.

Again, if you pay for a merc with gil, then no RMT transaction has taken place. Real Money is required for something to be RMT.

And given speed hacking is LITERALLY on the wiki as a statement of something you should be doing to earn nyzul tokens.... i dont think most people are against speedhacking, even if i personally choose not to.
 Shiva.Ariaum
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-11-17 20:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Moar sh*t posting and retards please, this football game sucks tonight.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 20:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, if you pay for a merc with gil, then no RMT transaction has taken place. Real Money is required for something to be RMT.
are we going to pretend ppl buy gil just for the sake of owning more gil?

Post deleted by User.
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 20:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

tbf a lot of mercs literally are RMT. almost ALL merc customers are RMT.
[+]
By Fayona 2019-11-17 20:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fayona said: »
Can someone just do a cross server obit for the dusted please?

I’m still waiting for this. Also can we get back to our regularly scheduled memes? Like who cares about the he said she said. It’s exhausting.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-17 20:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a friend that buys gil and sells merc slots...
I believe the term is addict.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-17 20:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there even enough things to spend all that money on?
When I see how limited the buy part of each job is, I'm not so surprised that some people turn to selling gils.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-17 20:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally, no.
Both activities usually spring up when he wants to get CP on a new job or character.
sell a couple slots, CP on a couple jobs, buy w/e gil didn't get made doing CP to finish gearing it up.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-17 21:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds reasonable to me.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 21:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of not playing, i frequently read the argument they don't/shouldn't ban cheaters cause dozens of their friends would consequently quit too.
now we have 42 official bans, anyone witnessing people quitting or considering quitting themself because one of their friends got hit?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 29 30 31