Stutter/Lag Issue That I Cant Figure Out... Help?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stutter/Lag Issue that I cant figure out... Help?
Stutter/Lag Issue that I cant figure out... Help?
 Sylph.Atigev
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Atigev 2019-09-21 22:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I recently reinstalled FFXI, using the new installer from the website, since that the load from POL to FFXI is very long, im talking 60 seconds or so on my SSD (this from hitting play button to to when pol closes and ffxi window comes up, also pol always says not responding for a second or two here also). Thats the first issue, second issue and I am not sure they are related at all, is tonight I ran Dyna D with my ls, every single time i WS'd or hit a macro to lock a gearset in (ie DT set or changing my weapons via the macro toggle I have) the game would freeze for a moment. This happened EVERYTIME, I unloaded GS and it stopped, reloaded it did it. I even uninstalled GS mid run (deleted file but saved my data folder) and reinstalled and that did nothing. It is not my pc, at least im fairly sure it isnt. Any help or ideas?
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-21 23:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

First issue is known with the new installer. Either find the old installer or wait until they fix it (I'm pretty sure at least the englisih community team has acknowledged this issue but who knows if or when there will be a fix)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-22 04:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I get this issue from //findall
When that happens "reset" Findall, delete the folder then downlolad it again, usually fixes the issue.

First of all you can try unloading Findall, if you still get the lag/stutter without findall in memory, then yours is a different issue.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-22 05:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Logger caused me issues they all stopped when I just stopped using the plugin, didn't really find a need for it honestly. AnsweringMachine fixed all issues of missing tells and recording anything that was exchanged in tell if I needed to throw dirt at people.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Huehuehue 2019-09-22 07:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a stutter/lag issue in the past that was resolved by disabling gamepad and disabling all "HID-Compliant Devices" in Device Manager under Human Interface Devices.

original post where i got this information
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35166/stuttering-in-game/#2142422
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2019-09-22 09:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
You can find the old installer in torrents on pirate bay. That's one way to fix everything.

I recently reinstalled using the new installer and don't have all of the lag and freezing and crashing which I had last time I used it and I think the only difference is that I used different dgvoodoo settings. Do you use dgvoodoo?
No I do not currently since getting this pc, used to on my laptop, but havent in awhile
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-09-22 09:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried running the game in vanilla setting? No windower or ashita?
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2019-09-22 10:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Have you tried running the game in vanilla setting? No windower or ashita?
yes the long load time to start the game is still persistant without windower or ashita, the other part is not, but then again I dont change gears for actions without it, I am currently trying with out a few unnecessary addons loaded to see the result, but it seemed everything was exacerbated in dynamis to nearly unbearable levels.

Edit: Currently doing VW and Im getting 0 stutters from GS will keep testing and see, however in VW its just me and my trusts so idk.
 Asura.Clickbait
user: clickbait
By Asura.Clickbait 2019-09-22 11:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Download these. Your looking at like 1:20min patch time with these though. It'll fix long startup at least.

Main install
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QUpWEilcCmVNECB6iAa_-TjxmpKXLRRE

Patch Rollup
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15qo6Yrnbu30shdXoo7XoCRMWvdGNI49Y
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2019-09-22 11:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clickbait said: »
Download these. Your looking at like 1:20min patch time with these though. It'll fix long startup at least.

Main install
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QUpWEilcCmVNECB6iAa_-TjxmpKXLRRE

Patch Rollup
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15qo6Yrnbu30shdXoo7XoCRMWvdGNI49Y
Thanks Downloading now.

Edit: Ok yes this installer DID fix the launch issue, not sure about the rest just yet bc it seemed to happen the most (and when i noticed) in Dynamis.