100 Different Fish
 Asura.Meekriot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2019-08-22 18:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

I just came back from a long break and I'm wanting to complete the Ebisu +1 quest. A pre-req for that is fishing up 100 different types of fish -- apparently they didn't start counting this until sometime while I was on a break. I'm basically 0/100 lol.

I'd like some suggestions for best setups (bait + location) to catch the largest variety of fish in one sitting.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-22 18:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-22 19:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fish up lots of Gugru Tuna so you can check with Katsunaga in Mhaura to see what you have caught. As far as "best place", I'm not even sure. I just talked to the above NPC, noted everything I was missing on a piece of paper (so I didn't have to check back with him as much) and then just looked up each fish and went and caught them. If you're a fisher of high enough skill, you should have a tackle box with all (or close to) your required baits already. Good luck.
By Felgarr 2019-08-22 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you need to do Lu Shang's +1 before you do Ebisu+1, which requires fishing 60 types of fish. (I think...)

You can start by doing the RoE objectives for fishing which require you to fish 75 times using Lu Shang's rod in many various Regions (Fauregandi, Ronfaure, Norvallen, etc etc).

That should be a good start ...and before/during/up to this point, just keep track of each type of fish you've caught and cross it off your list. (The Auction House category, Food > Ingredients > Fish is a good way to generate a list of Fish quickly and without much effort).
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-08-22 19:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I believe you need to do Lu Shang's +1 before you do Ebisu+1, which requires fishing 60 types of fish. (I think...)

You don't. You can do Ebisu and not even touch Lu's.

I found this in my txt files notes back when I tackled this.

Good luck:
[+]
 Phoenix.Sathington
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sathington 2019-08-23 05:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I also came back recently and can confirm that you don’t need to do the Lushang quest.

If you want to easily keep track of what you fished up, just copy paste the table from this page.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fisherman%27s_Heart

Good luck!