YouTube Video Placeholder

i hope square adds classic ffxi :"(
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-13 17:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what this topic needs? A 3rd thread.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-08-13 17:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If we are going classic XI and its level 50 cap i very much doubt anyone would want that. We could go up to ToAU with its 3 day waits on most main events and on NMs as well. there is also the fact of 30-200 exp per mob and needing 10k exp per merit. Apart from EXP and Merit parties you were pretty limited on things that you could jump right into.

I do look back on the 75 era very fondly however i wouldnt have the time to do all that now especially 4-5 hours of dyna.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-13 17:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As a person who played FFXI and classic wow, and current wow.

Games I play / plan to play:
* Current FFXI
* Classic Wow

Games I won't play:
* Current Wow
* Classic FFXI (even if official version)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-13 19:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »

* Current FFXI
* Classic Wow

Games I won't play:
* Current Wow

easy you cant put time in an mmO that's why you say that :) Current game is trash its all about *** scripts how can you compare it to wow classic or FFXI classic ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-13 19:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just your opinion.

Just admit that you pine the old days, and that your opinion sucks.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2019-08-13 19:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalimairo said: »
i hope square adds classic ffxi :"(

You know you don't have to do the +75 genkai..

Once you don't BOOM classic FFXI!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-08-13 19:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »

* Current FFXI
* Classic Wow

Games I won't play:
* Current Wow

easy you cant put time in an mmO that's why you say that :) Current game is trash its all about *** scripts how can you compare it to wow classic or FFXI classic ?

Odd I don't use scripts and play the game just fine. Maybe it's just you and your opinion that are trash.

edit: and wow has always been trash.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-13 19:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this classic thread because classic is better; per thread topic.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-13 19:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have the time to put in, how did you assume I didnt? And I love classic wow, played its beta, will play it in 2 weeks. They're all different games. I simply think Classic Wow is a better video game than current Wow, and Current XI is a better video game than old XI.

It has nothing to do with free time amount, or time requirements, or time gating, or time travel for that matter. It has nothing to do with nostalgia or slapping a classic tag on it. Its simply my choice of which is the better video game.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-08-13 20:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic XI was the trash game. You barely had any gear choices, there was TP, WS, accuracy. Paladin's used *** earth staves as their ultimate weapon, oh and also shadows because defense was nearly useless. The mechanics of the game, the time required for tiny improvements, and huge lack of variety of gear like we have now make it all less than current XI.

Besides, most people who automate everything in current XI are bad at current XI.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-08-13 21:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Real pros automate posts

<if>thread=imiss75days</if>
shitpost

end
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-08-13 23:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just cant wait for Classic Burning Crusade!
By abknight 2019-08-14 00:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Classic XI was the trash game. You barely had any gear choices, there was TP, WS, accuracy. Paladin's used *** earth staves as their ultimate weapon, oh and also shadows because defense was nearly useless. The mechanics of the game, the time required for tiny improvements, and huge lack of variety of gear like we have now make it all less than current XI.

Besides, most people who automate everything in current XI are bad at current XI.

Earth staff tanking and shadows were not part of original XI. You're referring to things people did 2004 and later. Unless you played 2002-2003, before Zilart released in Japan, you didn't play the original game. Someone else mentioned not having time for original Dynamis nowadays, but Dynamis was also not part of the game until later and really wasn't feasible when it was released.

Original XI was awesome. It had a traditional fantasy feel and was very rewarding. No such thing as "ultimate weapons," because everyone was just an adventurer. The world felt incredibly mysterious and dangerous. The danger disappeared as gear was added, the mystery disappeared as information became readily available on wikis, and though I'm not a JP elitist, the player community and atmosphere was destroyed by the NA release.

TLDR 50 cap re-release with cap raises to 55 and 60 on the original schedule would be awesome, but almost no one who visits this site would like such a game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-08-14 03:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

abknight said: »
I'm not a JP elitist, the player community and atmosphere was destroyed by the NA release.
^___________________________________________________________________^
By Rips 2019-08-14 03:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I said it before and I'll say it again. We dont miss old FFXI. We miss our youth and that era of time when FFXI and Vana'diel was bigger than us.

We are all now bigger than it like adults standing in a toy sandbox.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-14 03:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That's just your opinion.

Just admit that you pine the old days, and that your opinion sucks.

Jetackuu said: »
Odd I don't use scripts and play the game just fine. Maybe it's just you and your opinion that are trash.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Dazusu 2019-08-14 05:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Old FFXI isn't for everyone (and lots of us, myself included, don't have time for what it was); but I find it amusing when people get offended and go on the attack if someone articulates their desire to play 2004-era FFXI again over what's currently on offer. It's like people today can't grasp or deal with the fact that not everyone is going to agree with them on what's the better game.

I'm now partial to the Abyssea era over pre-Abyssea (whereas 5 years ago, I would have said give me HNMs back). I have time for Abyssea, I don't have time for Fafnir to not spawn until the end of window.

Rips said: »
I said it before and I'll say it again. We dont miss old FFXI. We miss our youth and that era of time when FFXI and Vana'diel was bigger than us.

The producer/director of retail WoW had this mentality in 2013. It's nostalgia, rose-tinted glasses, no one has time for that etc. Then in 2017 the same guy announced Classic WoW to rapturous cheers and applause.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-08-14 06:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dazusu said: »
Then in 2017 the same guy announced Classic WoW to rapturous cheers and applause.

Can't WAIT to see what happens when all those ppl zerg to endgame and are left standing there in their shiny gear blaming Blizzard(JUST LIKE IT WAS THE FIRST TIME).
[+]
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2019-08-14 08:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to love Hunting NM's, keeping a tally of all the zones I had killed every NM in. Getting your Dynamis drop, shouts of adventures seeking help to brave the depths of Garlaige Citadel in their quest for artifact Gear, and fun conversations with people in Jeuno.

Now I enjoy seeing all the cool strategies like the Monk one for this months ambuscade. Also we have comprehensive knowledge to help returning players create their 1st REMA and turn their favorite jobs into Deadly Weapons (DD's) Mythril Fortresses (Tanks), and Magic Infused Pillars of Solitude (Support). We now have varieties of ways to express our tactics using YouTube, Twitch, and the forums on this site.

The game has evolved throughout the years, and I have evolved with it. While nostalgia is great, being a creature destined for extinction due its inability to change is not.

Those who wish for the old have not been on this long journey (see their post #'s and lack of gameplay). They cannot appreciate 'what is', because they are stuck in 'what was'.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-08-14 08:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

good advice for life in general
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-08-14 08:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

abknight said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Earth staff tanking and shadows were not part of original XI. You're referring to things people did 2004 and later. Unless you played 2002-2003, before Zilart released in Japan, you didn't play the original game. Someone else mentioned not having time for original Dynamis nowadays, but Dynamis was also not part of the game until later and really wasn't feasible when it was released.

Original XI was awesome. It had a traditional fantasy feel and was very rewarding. No such thing as "ultimate weapons," because everyone was just an adventurer. The world felt incredibly mysterious and dangerous. The danger disappeared as gear was added, the mystery disappeared as information became readily available on wikis, and though I'm not a JP elitist, the player community and atmosphere was destroyed by the NA release.

TLDR 50 cap re-release with cap raises to 55 and 60 on the original schedule would be awesome, but almost no one who visits this site would like such a game.

So before gear swapping was even relevant because there wasn't even worthwhile gear in the game...no, pass, that's just brutal self-hatred right there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-08-14 10:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

as someone who started playing when the level cap was 70, the 75 cap era was trash.

Basically if you wanted to become a standout player you had to have no life and raid 24/7/365 to be able to even have a chance at getting the best gear and/or Relics/Mythics (provided you were lucky enough to even be in an LS that was dedicated or good enough to camp and kill HNMs), or you had to make your own linkshell then run off to another server with the linkshell bank then pay mercs for all your stuff.

Glad none of that is necessary anymore.

The only thing I miss is the daily VNBoards/BG Forum drama, ***was lit.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2019-08-14 11:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

H4G is having a 10k sub AMA tonight.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-08-14 11:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE doesn't need to re-release the game. Most, if not all of the pre-abyssea zones have Field Manuals or Grounds Tomes in them. Just add a feature to them that forces a level cap.Any gear you have would lose almost all of the iLvl stats. You could even have it so that its a buff that lasts a week and can't be removed, and disables use of the easy warps, so you have the teles/chocobos/airships/boats only.

People could go any buy up old gear, which would revitalize some of the lower level crafting, and the need for those supplies.
[+]
First Page 2