Ultima, Omega Master Trial (No Mewing Lullaby)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ultima, Omega Master Trial (No mewing lullaby)
Ultima, Omega Master Trial (No mewing lullaby)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 00:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Video Inc soon. Also, *** lightsday.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-08-12 01:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

oooo
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2019-08-12 01:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 01:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Took 10 or 11 9 tries in the last 2 days and was probably the hardest thing I've ever been apart of in this game (possibly TC pre-nerf in 2016 the sole exception). Piko's reaction at the end says it all. My reaction was due to my brain melting...
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-12 01:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Good job dudes. Knew it was possible, just no time to attempt it yet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-08-12 01:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

now Lex bans all SMNs in the ls lol
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-12 01:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to try this for so long, beat me to it dude, Massive congrats.
How did you survive the tp moves?
I tried monk strat testing Formless strikes and with soul voice minne, geo fend and barrier bolstered i still got killed for 3k damage in 50% dt. I don't get how you guys survived all attacks, very impressive.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-12 02:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So just watched the video, a few suggestions to improve the overall run, this may work, I dunno.

Perhaps try auto attack off Ultima and kill Omega first with Leaden salute. Omega seemed to have gotten into a rage fest after Ultima died, so maybe try killing other way round.

Doing that method, could the RUN, try going /drk and going full dps after Omega dies, while maintaining 50% DT in WS set to count for no cocoon. This would help speed up the kill with stronger and more frequent WS.

Also DRK could use Infernal Scythe I believe it's called? I'm not sure, I don't play DRK, but I've seen that WS or a similar dark based WS hit up to 60-70k in Dynamis so it could be worth using on Omega to spam it to kill it.

I vaguely remember Omega using mostly physical based and Light based TP moves, and Ultima using Magic based of all element, but favouring Earth, so maybe Flabra runes + Valiance on Ultima.

Again, these are just possible suggestions which may or may not work, I'm not discrediting anything these guys have done, this is outstanding work.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 02:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
How did you survive the tp moves?
ZeusAllahJesusBudha as WHM mostly... 2 carols, scherzo...OFA/Valiance rotation...Magus/gallants lots of luck TBH.

Prebuffs were embrava, regen, storms, perped Phalanx, (Not sure what Misc did on SMN or Xiu did with Grondell as BRD for prebuffs but I know EA was one of them, and pacyfying ruby?)

And Omega on 2 Legs gave no shits about any of our buffs. Killed people at will.. 3 TP moves in quick succession.. /shudders

I tried monk strat testing Formless strikes
We thinking about using MNK as well, it brings some interesting things to the fight. Also thought abut 2 RUNS for DPSing Ultima.
We tried RDM enspell stupidity, that also worked well, and survivability is vastly > CORs.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-12 02:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk strat doesn't work as an FYI, Formless strikes is apparently breath damage which has 0 effect on Omega..... I built my Monk just to beat Sealed Fate just to be slapped by that. I should've researched first.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 02:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps try auto attack off Ultima and kill Omega first with Leaden salute. Omega seemed to have gotten into a rage fest after Ultima died, so maybe try killing other way round.

Yup, tried this. Omega becomes unmanageable under 50% when she stands up (her behaviour does not change significantly if at all from you can see in the video). So dragging her under 50%/trying to kill her before Ultima, and ultima doing Ultima ***, is instant death. (at least that was our experience without mewing of course)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 02:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Good job dudes. Knew it was possible, just no time to attempt it yet.

Thanks Shoz. I'm never doing this again LMAO.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-12 02:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Yup, tried this. Omega becomes unmanageable under 50% when she stands up (her behaviour does not change significantly if at all from you can see in the video). So dragging her under 50%/trying to kill her before Ultima, and ultima doing Ultima ***, is instant death. (at least that was our experience without mewing of course)

Understandable then, sucks that strat is out the window.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 03:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK would probably obliterate Ultima is what we were thinking, none of us has a geared MNK job though... Dimi almost blitzed an Empy for this reason lol. He probably would have made one had this strat not worked.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-12 03:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
MNK would probably obliterate Ultima is what we were thinking, none of us has a geared MNK job though... Dimi almost blitzed an Empy for this reason lol. He probably would have made one had this strat not worked.

Yah monk destroyed Ultima when I tried it, but never survived for more than 10 minutes. Counter + White damage wreaks havoc.

It is bad though because monk is useless on Omega.

I used Su5 for DT +10% and Acc
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 03:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah monk destroyed Ultima when I tried it, but never survived for more than 10 minutes. Counter + White damage wreaks havoc.

It is bad though because monk is useless on Omega.

:(
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2019-08-12 05:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe in you! You can do the thing!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-12 09:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say mnk is useless on omega, you could still build for cataclysm or flash nova and you'd have penance and 75 SB. Weaker sure, but as long as the other members can put up damage it could still be useful.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-12 09:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I wouldn't say mnk is useless on omega, you could still build for cataclysm or flash nova and you'd have penance and 75 SB. Weaker sure, but as long as the other members can put up damage it could still be useful.

Honestly, Cataclysm never crossed my mind, I might try eventually.
Thanks.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-12 14:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
you'd have penance and 75 SB.
This was the train of thought for us as well with MNK for this fight. Utilizing MNK would likely result in less TP moves from O/U and their TP 'combos.' The biggest obstacle in this fight is surviving of course, which makes MNK interesting. :o Maybe next time!