2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 2019 Version Update
August 2019 Version Update
By Taint 2019-08-08 06:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Flashga isn’t a bad idea.

Taking a shitty job and then forcing it to a sub a ***sub (BLu) just further buries the job beneath RUN.

Ilvl REA shields with drastically increased TP gain from
Blocks would also be a big boost.

Native fencer IV.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-08-08 09:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just give shield bash -50% Def, unblockable, 1min effect.

Reduce Shield bash cool down to 15sec.

Also, allows Pld to expend all TP to increase next skillchain damage.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-08-08 09:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcane flowerpots DO work, if anyone else cares.
By SimonSes 2019-08-08 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Body's nice idling and that is a lot of MEVA for heavy armor but the lack of DT probably kills most if not all utility that would give outside of that. Also good magic WS piece? Quick everyone invest in Farshas!

I think that's a big understatement. This body is great alternative for currently the only good meva body for DRK and WAR, which is Volte (DRK has Ratri too, but that comes with +14% damage taken). It's missing DA and DT from Volte, but has more MEVA, HP, Regen and has very nice amount of counter and subtle blow. With combination of this body and 2~4/5 Volte you can make very good meva and meva tp sets. You can use D ring too, to cap MDT with shell and you will also have a very nice amount of pdt. It's especially effective on DRK who generally has planty of HP with Drain III and you want meva tp sets to block debuffs, so highest meva has priority over some more PDT. Also Volte being only alternative comes from T2 Windurst boss and has very poor drop rate, while this can be in one way or the other spam by everyone. I would value this body very high, but then again I kinda think most playerbase underestimate meva and I probably overestimate it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 11:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Arcane flowerpots DO work, if anyone else cares.

For Grow? Of course they do. But the reason you don't use them is that pot specifically extends grow time 50% (to yield more crops)
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2019-08-08 11:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So i saw someone with the new Mandy Shirt. Is that for JP onry or did I miss something?
By clearlyamule 2019-08-08 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »
So i saw someone with the new Mandy Shirt. Is that for JP onry or did I miss something?
Yeah the update notes

[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2019-08-09 16:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Flashga isn’t a bad idea.

Taking a shitty job and then forcing it to a sub a ***sub (BLu) just further buries the job beneath RUN.

Ilvl REA shields with drastically increased TP gain from
Blocks would also be a big boost.

Native fencer IV.

Flashga would be a nice tool, but it'd be no substitute for BLU. Only why to make it reasonably close is to give PLD Foil, or rework Reprisal into a foil cooldown.

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Just give shield bash -50% Def, unblockable, 1min effect.

Reduce Shield bash cool down to 15sec.

Also, allows Pld to expend all TP to increase next skillchain damage.

Eh, some sort of straight Phys-DT+ for the boss would be better, no concern for momentary attack capping. This also makes it a useful tool even in say lopsided Ambus where one DD is helping in content they outgear.

Shield Bash is silly in the modern game as a stun mechanic. It needs reworked. One thing I've thought of before is make it so that shield bash gives a chunk of TP (500/1k, maybe).
By Spaitin 2019-08-20 09:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD has a few issues. Damage mitigation to itself is not one of them. It is plenty durable. Basically four main categories for a tank, how well it mitigates damage to itself. how well it holds hate, how well it protects the party from AOE stuff and how it can weaken the mob. PlD is great at the first and trash at the other three.
Rune is great at all 4.
ILVL 119 shields would be good if they added some other stuff to them. But just increasing personal damage mitigating is kinda nothing. Maybe add an aura to the shields that decreases the enmity gained by the party members ? idk.
I think shield bash should have a -50% attack & magic attack debuff on it. GEO takes care of capping attack.
Cover should have a conal protection for all dmg type to everyone standing behind them in our outside of the main party.
give pld some JA haste. 10% or better and then give them a high value fencer trait.
Reprisal should add a retaliation effect similar to what war has.
Then they need an ability that either wipes the hate of one party member or transfers hate to the pld.

The new gear does nothing big in helping pld. Shame, pld used to be so great.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-21 05:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only took them two weeks to get around to figuring out how to change Iroha's AI. but the maintenance will take 2 hours.

By Shichishito 2019-08-21 05:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Basically four main categories for a tank, how well it mitigates damage to itself. how well it holds hate, how well it protects the party from AOE stuff and how it can weaken the mob.

if you look at RUN for the tank example then DDing is definitely another main category.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-08-21 06:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD has a few issues. Damage mitigation to itself is not one of them. It is plenty durable. Basically four main categories for a tank, how well it mitigates damage to itself. how well it holds hate, how well it protects the party from AOE stuff and how it can weaken the mob. PlD is great at the first and trash at the other three.
Rune is great at all 4.
ILVL 119 shields would be good if they added some other stuff to them. But just increasing personal damage mitigating is kinda nothing. Maybe add an aura to the shields that decreases the enmity gained by the party members ? idk.
I think shield bash should have a -50% attack & magic attack debuff on it. GEO takes care of capping attack.
Cover should have a conal protection for all dmg type to everyone standing behind them in our outside of the main party.
give pld some JA haste. 10% or better and then give them a high value fencer trait.
Reprisal should add a retaliation effect similar to what war has.
Then they need an ability that either wipes the hate of one party member or transfers hate to the pld.

The new gear does nothing big in helping pld. Shame, pld used to be so great.

I like these ideas. And also I agree, PLDs design simply does not fit the current meta.
By clearlyamule 2019-08-21 10:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Only took them two weeks to get around to figuring out how to change Iroha's AI. but the maintenance will take 2 hours.

naw maintenance gunna take a few seconds. Bringing the server up and down going to take 2+ hours
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-21 12:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe PLD should be tweaked in a way that makes healers other than WHM viable for curing and buff removal in endgame.

WHM hasn't had real competition in a while. if you'd allow other jobs like DNC, SCH, BLU, RDM, BRD/, GEO/ or maybe even DRG/ be viable for healing and debuff removal in combination with PLD it would bring more flexibility to the table.
it would also allow to catch up a little on RUNs DD advantage.
By Tarage 2019-08-21 13:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What was wrong with Iroha?
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-21 14:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Who even uses Iroha?
By Draylo 2019-08-21 14:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a while back, I liked Iroha II
By clearlyamule 2019-08-21 14:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you gotta bring out all the glowy waifus
[+]
By Boshi 2019-08-21 16:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Iroha2 is solid on domain invasion
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-21 16:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually love Iroha II. She always loves to spam her Rise from the Ashes. When paired up with Arciela 1 who spams Illustrious Aid or Selh'teus who uses Rejuvenation, you're set up to eat lots of AoE damage.
By Spaitin 2019-08-21 18:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Basically four main categories for a tank, how well it mitigates damage to itself. how well it holds hate, how well it protects the party from AOE stuff and how it can weaken the mob.

if you look at RUN for the tank example then DDing is definitely another main category.
i consider the DD aspect to be another form of holding hate. you could certainly consider it a differetn category though. Giving pld access to high level AOE cures could help with a lot actually.