WTB Cursed Hauberk -1
 Asura.Dibble
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-07-02 11:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Recent AH price is 6m. PM me, please.

(I know these can be used in the Voodoo/Bewitched synth but I don't know if that's a factor in their availability?)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-02 11:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No crafter is going to sell those outright.

They are going to use it to try to get a Voodoo. Especially since there are much better odds of getting a Voodoo using a -1 than not.

Edit: But hey, if you manage to find one, please let me know. So I can laugh at the sucker who threw away easy gil.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-02 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude obviously wants it for lv75 nonsense, not to line his own pockets. I'll send you a freebie if you haven't found it by Sunday. Laugh away.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-02 12:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Laugh away.
Ok

[+]
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-07-02 13:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
They are going to use it to try to get a Voodoo. Especially since there are much better odds of getting a Voodoo using a -1 than not.
I did wonder if that was the case. But I'm offering 6m and the NQ of the Bewitched is worth 20k. Just how much better are the odds?
Dude obviously wants it for lv75 nonsense, not to line his own pockets. I'll send you a freebie if you haven't found it by Sunday. Laugh away.
Thanks but quite happy to pay. It might be for "nonsense" but I've got the gil.
By Boshi 2019-07-02 14:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Using nq it's 1/64 base, using -1 it's 1/16
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-07-03 09:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
So, if I had 16 Cursed Hauberk -1 I could:

Sell them all for 6m and gross 96m

OR

I could try for a Voodoo and gross 10.6m

Even if you HQd on 8/16 you'd still gross less than if you sold them all for 6m to other people who think gambling is profitable.

Have I oversimplified?

Wait, hold on, thought of a better way of expressing it:

If you go for Voodoo on a Cursed Hauberk -1 you have a 93.7% chance of turning it into something that is worthless.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 09:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dibble said: »
So, if I had 16 Cursed Hauberk -1 I could:

Sell them all for 6m and gross 96m

OR

I could try for a Voodoo and gross 10.6m

Even if you HQd on 8/16 you'd still gross less than if you sold them all for 6m to other people who think gambling is profitable.

Have I oversimplified?
No.

If you had 16 Cursed Hauberk -1 and tried to sell them on AH (especially on Asura), you could:

Waste a spot for selling stuff for months, if not years, at a time, even if you only sell 1 at a time, or:

Spend the time instead leveling Smithing to 123 and not only get your Voodoo at a fraction of the price, but also have insane profits from the other Voodoo which you would sell at not only a larger profit, but also at an increased pace than selling Cursed Hauberk -1s.

Edit: Considering only 5 have sold in 2019, and going by that pace, if you start selling 16 today, you might sell the last one by the end of 2020.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 09:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, there's a reason why crafters do not buy them from AH to try to upgrade them into something sellable.

Who in their right mind would buy something for 6 mil gil that A) have a 1/16 base chance of turning into an item worth 10 mil, and B) still require them to have a skill level greater than the base synth in the first place.

Again, I would laugh at anyone willing to throw their money away, at the same time offer them a deal on an island in Colorado.
By Boshi 2019-07-03 09:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Prices are based off ppl crafting with this now.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-03 09:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No.

If you had 16 Cursed Hauberk -1 and tried to sell them on AH (especially on Asura), you could:

Waste a spot for selling stuff for months, if not years, at a time, even if you only sell 1 at a time, or:
You're completely missing his point. He's not suggesting a crafter sell 16 of them. He's suggesting they sell one. To him. It doesn't even need to take up space on the auction house.

The 16 hauberks analogy is just to show how the numbers are in his favor. I see no reason why a crafter wouldn't sell the -1 for 6m when a successful Voodoo craft is only worth 10.

Y'all are really reaching for a reason to railroad this dude.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 10:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
No.

You're completely missing his point. He's not suggesting a crafter sell 16 of them. He's suggesting they sell one. To him. It doesn't even need to take up space on the auction house.

The 16 hauberks analogy is just to show how the numbers are in his favor. I see no reason why a crafter wouldn't sell the -1 for 6m when a successful Voodoo craft is only worth 10.

Y'all are really reaching for a reason to railroad this dude.
What's the going rate for crafters to HQ for somebody else? Is it generally acceptable to be 10% of the HQ price?

If so, then he is betting that he can get a Voodoo for 7.5 mil instead of 10 mil. He has a 1/16 chance to do so. If that's the case, by all means, I hope he finds somebody to sell him the -1. Because it's a 15/16 chance he will fail, and he is out at least 6.5 mil, if not the crafter demanding the 1 mil to synth up front, which I would recommend.

It's not a gamble worth it imo, but if he wants to do that, then it's his gil which he could use to actually level the craft to synth it himself....
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-07-03 12:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, there's a reason why crafters do not buy them from AH to try to upgrade them into something sellable.

Who in their right mind would buy something for 6 mil gil that A) have a 1/16 base chance of turning into an item worth 10 mil, and B) still require them to have a skill level greater than the base synth in the first place.

You don't understand economics. Look up opportuinity cost.

If you buy the item for 6m, fail the synth, you waste 6m.

If you craft the item, fail the synth, you waste 6m because you could have gain 6m by selling it.

Whether you buy the item or synth it, it is still worth 6m and if you turn it into crap you lost 6m.

What's the going rate for crafters to HQ for somebody else? Is it generally acceptable to be 10% of the HQ price?

If so, then he is betting that he can get a Voodoo for 7.5 mil instead of 10 mil. He has a 1/16 chance to do so. If that's the case, by all means, I hope he finds somebody to sell him the -1. Because it's a 15/16 chance he will fail, and he is out at least 6.5 mil, if not the crafter demanding the 1 mil to synth up front, which I would recommend.

It's not a gamble worth it imo, but if he wants to do that, then it's his gil which he could use to actually level the craft to synth it himself...

Dude, since I started this thread I made enough gil to make up the difference between a Voodoo and the Cursed Hauberk -1. If I wanted a Voodoo, I'd buy one.

Do you honestly think I would go through the hassle of posting here and having to suffer your opinions, merely to save 2.5m? I've been playing this game for 12 years and I have posted on this forum 14 times. I have WAY better things to do with my time.

I'd just like Cursed Hauberk -1, please. Thanks.
By Boshi 2019-07-03 12:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No1 with normal 110 crafting makes that stuff anymore. Only people with this.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 13:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't understand economics. Look up opportuinity cost.

If you buy the item for 6m, fail the synth, you waste 6m.

If you craft the item, fail the synth, you waste 6m because you could have gain 6m by selling it.

Whether you buy the item or synth it, it is still worth 6m and if you turn it into crap you lost 6m.
Obviously you don't understand a key component of economics yourself, namely supply and demand.

Opportunity cost is a key factor to end products, not work-in-progress. Why would anyone sell something for 6 mil that almost never sells when they can do 1 more event to try to bump it up to 10 mil? Why should they stop at 6 mil when it's so easy at that point to go up to 10 mil? Why haven't you discussed the opportunity cost of the lost 4 mil from a possible HQ? Especially when there's the ability for crafters to HQ or bust without worrying about NQ items?

You are ignoring a major, key factor in this, as there is next to zero demand from anyone worthwhile in making this.

Dude, since I started this thread I made enough gil to make up the difference between a Voodoo and the Cursed Hauberk -1. If I wanted a Voodoo, I'd buy one.
Then why do you want a level 75 armor that is vastly outdated as soon as you turn 80? One that, as soon as you uncurse it, it's value becomes zero.

So, in addition to economics, you also have no knowledge about value.

Do you honestly think I would go through the hassle of posting here and having to suffer your opinions, merely to save 2.5m? I've been playing this game for 12 years and I have posted on this forum 14 times. I have WAY better things to do with my time.
Yet here you are.

I'd just like Cursed Hauberk -1, please. Thanks.
Good luck finding one.

Don't worry, I'm sure when you do find one, you will just come here to gloat about it. Fine by me then, gloat about how you wasted 6 mil for absolutely nothing, when a vastly superior item looks exactly the same as what you just wasted money on.

Go on. I'm waiting.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-07-03 13:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Best bet will be getting mats and finding someone to craft it for you.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 13:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Best bet will be getting mats and finding someone to craft it for you.
Which, strangely enough, may cost him the 6 mil on average to get it. Depending on how often he can find a Hauberk.

Unless he gets lucky and goes 1/1 on it. I urge any crafters to charge him 6 mil anyway for synthing it for him.
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-07-03 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No1 with normal 110 crafting makes that stuff anymore. Only people with this.
Can you still lose the Cursed Hauberk -1 on a fail?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 14:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you still lose the Cursed Hauberk -1 on a fail?
Yes, but there's a chance you won't lose it due to the -20%.

Unless that recipe requires that hauberk to be a critical fail, then you are SOL. But I don't think it is because if that's the case, Voodoo would be much higher.
By Prong 2019-07-03 14:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

These are hard to find because they are one of the biggest pains in the a$$ to make, being you have to make a Haubergeon (8 mats) then from that a Hauberk (4 mats + Haubergeon) then the cursed hauberk attempt (which is 7 mats + Hauberk and one of those mats is Southern Pearl, which only drops from Sea Hog and sometimes rarely on AH). Plus with all the high sub craft requirements, it's not an easy HQ even with Stage 4 shield.

So most Smithers don't just arbitrarily make these to sell for profit, being that if they truly go for only 6 (cursed -1) OR 10 Mill (voodoo) on Asura, it's not worth their time/inv space. You honestly may be better off gathering a handful of Hauberks/other mats and finding someone to craft one for you.
[+]
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-07-03 14:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless that recipe requires that hauberk to be a critical fail, then you are SOL. But I don't think it is because if that's the case, Voodoo would be much higher.
Does that stack with "Artisan's Advantage"?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-07-03 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

*stares at the one in stock on Bismarck's AH for over a week*
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-07-03 16:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is here busting the guys balls, yet he's getting one for free. He still wins in the end. Kudos to you Mr. Dibble

[+]
 Phoenix.Serveroz
Server: Phoenix
user: Serveroz
By Phoenix.Serveroz 2019-07-03 16:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So lets see:
a)
You are ignoring a major, key factor in this, as there is next to zero demand from anyone worthwhile in making this.
There is no demand? How about the guy asking for it on the damn forum?

B)
Then why do you want a level 75 armor that is vastly outdated as soon as you turn 80? One that, as soon as you uncurse it, it's value becomes zero.

So, in addition to economics, you also have no knowledge about value.

So the guy explaining supply & demand sees no value on an item which someone made an offer for..........
May be for you the -1 has the same value than for me a frogs hat has.
But guess what? Dibble made an offer for the exact value the item has within the market (which is what ever the hell he is willing to pay for it). And if i had it, i would probably offer it to him for 8m and he would probably pay it.
You clearly have no understanding of supply & demand.

Lastly thank you for killing our neurons with your brilliant post.

C.C. After 30.8k+ posts you should go find something else to do with your life.
- Everyone ever.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 18:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Serveroz said: »
Sorry, what did you say again?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-03 18:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that stack with "Artisan's Advantage"?
I believe SE said no. I don't have a shield to test that theory, nor the patience to collect data either.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-07-03 21:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

God shut up you turbo sperg
By integritydeath 2019-07-21 06:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Was going to make a post about how pathetic, petty, and immature some people are and how they go to such great lengths to desperately prove a point and grow they epeen. But then I realized it’d be pointless because anyone who’s like that wouldn’t glean any wisdom from their behavior being called out and anyone who’s that childish would just stir up another argument. Truly sad and pathetic how people can be like that.

I hope you got the cursed piece you were looking for and *** these *** for making a simple post into a disgusting display of human interaction.
By Shichishito 2019-07-21 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

there are no stupid questions guys, just stupid answers.
and be assured you'll get to read all of the later ones if you ask a question around here.