So I'm Attempting A Return But..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » So I'm attempting a return but..
So I'm attempting a return but..
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-12 09:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

First and foremost, finish Missions, you might hate it, but work solely on progressing on Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. Do as much as you can. Try do some Delve/Skirmish for basic 119 gear, then try group up for Ambuscade and figure out what level/difficulty you are comfortable with and try get the NQ (Normal Quality) gear from there.

With the addition of Ambuscade weapons even the 1st stage weapon is a decent starter you might like. Ambuscade armour/weapons are free in terms of gil and only cost the currency obtained from Ambuscade called Hallmarks and Gallantry. Gallantry is only received when you party up with other people, trusts do not count.

I don't play much myself anymore, but if i'm online and actually there hit me up and i'll help you get started.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-12 09:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is pretty amazing

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Server: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2019-06-12 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Look up returning player guides on YouTube. CloudChief has some extremely helpful videos for returning players. I don’t mind helping you gear if I’m on and have time, which is often. Ruaumoko has great job guides as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-06-12 11:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You could definitely return and not need to purchase any gear off AH at all. I wouldn't be too concerned with gil unless you want to do a relic/mythic/emp weapon.
By DononofSylph 2019-06-12 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch out for Superior Rankings on gear as well. When I first came back, I got rid of most of my gil on gear from the AH that crushed what I currently had. Then, only to find it I had to have job points and be a certain rank to wear them, so had to wait to sell. Just a note.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-06-12 18:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

obligatory:
play whitemage
[+]
By Vendude 2019-06-12 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Above all things.. Welcome back!!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-13 02:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Slipping you back into decent starting 119 gear (and benefit of getting some exp with getting around Adoulin content):

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Fresh_99/RoE_Intermediate_Quest/119_Gear_Guide

Things for when you're looking for something to do. Backtrack through and catch up.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide