Profile Settings Apply to all Profiles
 Asura.Lastarael
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lastarael
By Asura.Lastarael 2019-06-10 16:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey y'all,

I'm using Windower 4.3, and since returning to the game and installing this newest version I can't get the settings on an individual profile to apply to that specific profile alone. It seems that any changes I make on any profile apply universally to all others. Like, when I enable Timers and GearSwap on a new profile or change an existing one but have them disabled on the profile I open next, they're still there no matter what. The settings (the Plugins and Add-ons tabs) do reflect what is actually enabled or disabled on the selected profile... they just apply to all of them every time I make a change.
I'm not sure if this applies to all Windower settings, such as resolution, but I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling 4.3 to no avail. Anyone know a fix for this?

Also, no matter where I disable the hardware mouse (in Windower or in SE's FFXI Config), it won't go away. This actually does report in both Windower settings and FFXI Config that it is off, despite the fact that the cursor is definitely still there in game. Do I need to change this in the registry or something?

Thanks,
Arael
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-06-11 05:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't multibox, but I don't think that's what profiles do.

My guess is you need the Plugin Manager addon (available in the usual list in Windower).

Not sure about the mouse issue.
By DaneBlood 2019-06-11 08:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lastarael said: »
Hey y'all,

I'm using Windower 4.3, and since returning to the game and installing this newest version I can't get the settings on an individual profile to apply to that specific profile alone. It seems that any changes I make on any profile apply universally to all others. Like, when I enable Timers and GearSwap on a new profile or change an existing one but have them disabled on the profile I open next, they're still there no matter what. The settings (the Plugins and Add-ons tabs) do reflect what is actually enabled or disabled on the selected profile... they just apply to all of them every time I make a change.
I'm not sure if this applies to all Windower settings, such as resolution, but I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling 4.3 to no avail. Anyone know a fix for this?

Also, no matter where I disable the hardware mouse (in Windower or in SE's FFXI Config), it won't go away. This actually does report in both Windower settings and FFXI Config that it is off, despite the fact that the cursor is definitely still there in game. Do I need to change this in the registry or something?

Thanks,
Arael

Your issues seem to come from quite a misunderstanding on how the things works.

1: You will clearly notice that neither addons or plugins are settings under you profile edit, so they are NOT profile specific settings to begin with.

2: Disabling hardware mouse is NOT disabling the mouse it disabled the hardware acceleration of the mouse. Hence why is specifies "hardware mouse" and not just "disabling mouse"

That you are able to see changes in plug/addons when changing profiles seems highly strange to me, because I have never been able to, because its not a profile related setting.
And yes i just checked it. The behavior you are describing is not there.