users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sandbox Chat Log Fix
Sandbox Chat Log Fix
 Asura.Skyekitty
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Skyekitty 2019-06-06 12:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I wanted to post what worked for me to fix the issues where Sandbox was cutting off my chat log and/or crashing my windower.

Go to your TEMPS folder inside the FinalFantasyXI Folder (usually playonline/SquareEnix/FinalFantasyXI). Delete everything! Make a folder for each character. Then delete all logs from Windower's log file (usually Windower/Logs) per character. Now, log into each character from the native Playonline Application (Not Windower).

After logging into them you can /shutdown and go back into windower. The logs should now be successfully filtering into the desired character folders instead of mushing together.

Since doing this, I have not had a single swapped chat, expanded window cut off, or crash. I really hope this helps my fellow multi-boxers out there!

~Skye
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-06 13:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already realllllllly rare. Like a once a month issue for me, and I run 10+ characters. I wonder if that actually does anything or it just hasn't happened to you yet since doing it.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2019-06-06 15:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Prior to what I posted, it happened across my 4 chars on a regular basis, multiple times a day. I just wanted to post since previous posts are dated and didn't have a resolution. Just trying to help. ^^
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-06-06 21:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never crashed from chat issues & sandbox/multiple windows, but certainly have chat issues disappearing from me after expanding them. I'll try this see if I see results. Thanks
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-06 21:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I've never crashed from chat issues & sandbox/multiple windows, but certainly have chat issues disappearing from me after expanding them. I'll try this see if I see results. Thanks
Iv had that but happens FAR less now using sandbox(maybe once a month?), to fix mine I always had to restart the game D:<
[+]
By Draylo 2019-06-07 00:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know a fix to game freezing with dgvoodoo? Anytime I have two different games open it freezes after some time.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-06-07 00:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

if your chat log breaks you dont need to restart the game logging to the char select screen and back in is enough to fix it. Should be noted that it mainly happens to me when cping, so it could be pointwatch doing it since i dont normally run it but idk for sure.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-07 01:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Does anyone know a fix to game freezing with dgvoodoo? Anytime I have two different games open it freezes after some time.
adjust your texture filtering down. depending on your pc specs, max being x16 might be too much while dual boxing, drop it to x8, or half of whatever you have it set at right now.
By Draylo 2019-06-07 02:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I had it set to app driven, but I'll try that. (Nope doesn't work)
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-07 02:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my friend had this exact issue till he lowered the setting in dgvoodoo. make sure, Under the Direct X tab in dgvoodoo your videocard is set to dgVoodoo virtual 3d Accelerated Card. make sure Vram is set below your actual gpu's max ram, antialiasing set to app driven and mipmapping is disabled. can play with vram and texture filtering "Force anisotropic" x2-x16. hopefully that will help