Complete texture upscale w/ ML
 Asura.Tiergan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tishiablo
By Asura.Tiergan 2019-06-03 05:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all-

I've ran through the entirety of FFXI's DAT files and upscaled them with a mixture of pretrained ESRGAN models & Manga109.

I wish I could release this into a usable texture pack but time constraints have prevented me from manually sorting thru the textures and only keeping what is necessary. FFXI is very unstable/picky when using DAT files with textures this large.

So I've decided to release what I have- which is upscaled textures in PNG format @ 4x the original FFXI resolution- including the alpha channels.

The results (especially for armor) turned out great. And I hope this is of use to anybody working with FFXI HD/Upscaling mods.

Latest update has completed. Size went from 9GB to approx. 40gb.

Full zip direct download (~40GB):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzb3u9soyabl6s8/All%20Textures%20Upscaled%20w%20Transparency%20-%20PNGs.zip?dl=0

Directory structure is ROM#->#->_clamped <DAT#>

Some pics of armor ingame:

And check out this Bastok wall texture:
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tiergan
By Asura.Tiergan 2019-06-03 08:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
getting a msg on dropbox that the zip is too large to download.
Ah-- Yep. I think Dropbox requires paid subscriptions to download files over a certain size. Sorry about that. I'm working on putting a torrent on a seedbox now.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-06-03 09:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing this Tiergan, it looks really nice.

I like how this looks since its got a more illustration/traditional acrylic type painted look to it.
Its very easy on the eyes compared to most 'hd texture' mods which add unneeded tiled high frequency detail.

I would personally entertain the idea of using these textures downscaled to their original side to see if they maintain their stylized appearance for one of my multibox setups.

Looking forward to a torrent or other way to download the source textures.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-03 11:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tiergan said: »
Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
getting a msg on dropbox that the zip is too large to download.
Ah-- Yep. I think Dropbox requires paid subscriptions to download files over a certain size. Sorry about that. I'm working on putting a torrent on a seedbox now.

Google Drive is another alternative. I dump 2-3gb+ files on there all the time and my friends never have a problem.
By Zubis 2019-06-03 16:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Great job. This is much better than the FFXI HD attempts going around because they attempt to customize/improve textures which is always a subjective affair.
[+]
 Asura.Tiergan
By Asura.Tiergan 2019-06-03 23:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just updated main post with a torrent link
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2019-06-03 23:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Started the torrent download. Once it's done, I'll seed at the full 1000 Mbps.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Chevalierkraken
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chevalierkraken 2019-06-04 08:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

actually even if we don't use the texture upscaled in fool size, they will help
By Noodless 2019-06-04 12:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much! Currently downloading. Will seed when complete.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-06-04 12:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

To anyone that installs this, can you post some before/after comparison pictures of your gear? Want to see if it's worth it to go with the updated dats
By soralin 2019-06-04 12:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have links to guides on how to actually convert all these into dats?

Not sure where to start.
[+]
By Azahto 2019-06-04 17:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »

Not sure where to start.

I am also slightly at a loss on where to start with .png files. Is it tied to Ashita or Windower?

I know how to use classic HD overhaul if it helps.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By soralin 2019-06-05 16:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »

Not sure where to start.

Is it just a large zip with png upscale files?

If it is then it's going to be pretty much useless to you unless you're a) prepared to get into modding and b) willing to put tens to hundreds of hours into putting all these images back into the dat files. You have to convert the images to dds files and then put them back into the dat files individually (this is a massive job if you're going to do them all).

Unless it's actual dat files then this is a modders resource and not mods for players to use. Also as I stated (I'm assuming the texture resolutions are huge) large upscales are really bad for the game anyway, restraint is a big part of making mods for ffxi and x2 should really be the limit imo. If they are massive textures then to be frank I would be careful using them in the first place because the engine can't really support huge textures without causing you all kinds of hitching and stuttering.

Yeah Im fine doing this, and I can create a simple program that'll re-downscale the images to 2x size or whatever.

I just need a link to a usable guide, Im assuming someone has written one somewhere?

Im sure I can write an automated program to sort it out from there.
[+]
 Asura.Tiergan
By Asura.Tiergan 2019-06-06 06:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Im fine doing this, and I can create a simple program that'll re-downscale the images to 2x size or whatever.

I just need a link to a usable guide, Im assuming someone has written one somewhere?

Im sure I can write an automated program to sort it out from there.
I think sometime tomorrow the missing textures will be done upscaling (turns out it missed a lot!). If you don't mind going through some setup I have created some scripts & programs that can do scaling, mass dds conversion, and automatic importing of textures back into the DATs
By soralin 2019-06-07 15:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to upload to github and I can take a looksee, as well as a short write up on how to use it if you can? (assuming its not instantly obvious how to use)