Anyone Else Experiencing Crashes?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone Else Experiencing Crashes?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-28 20:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this month's update, I have been crashing left and right with no discernible pattern. No file is being detected as damaged and it's still crashing even when I forgo Windower and play through the normal Playonline application.

It can seem to happen in any zone and I could be playing for hours but then just a suddenly it will start crashing and closing out repeatedly for an indeterminate amount of time. The last time this happened, I was able to log onto a mule and play just fine after I gave up logging onto my main. After maybe 30 minutes I tried to log onto my main again and the client wasn't crashing anymore.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-05-28 21:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to almost never crash.

Now since the most recent update, I've been crashing once each day.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-28 21:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It was terribad but its smoothed out over the last couple days. maybe they fixed it globally and now its a different problem for shiva
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2019-05-28 22:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Try updating your graphics driver.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-28 22:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Already did that. :/
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-28 22:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I used to almost never crash.

Now since the most recent update, I've been crashing once each day.

same, on shiva
By DaneBlood 2019-05-28 22:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

no crashing here

Is it only FFXI you are experiecing crashes ?
Jave you tried running a prime95 blend test for a couple of hours ?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-28 23:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's 3 shivans having issues, gonna say it's a local issue tbh
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-28 23:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
no crashing here

Strictly FFXI. Witcher 3, League of Legends, Overwatch, Fallout 4, etc... all still working just fine.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2019-05-29 12:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
no crashing here

You must have really crappy computers if you cant run something for few hours that people are running 24/7
By Shichishito 2019-05-29 13:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a lot of crashes during free period. ostly error 4001 or 4002~. i assume its better now that the servers are empty again?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-29 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

To be clear, a crash is 'playonline has stopped responding', playonline instantly disappearing, or a blue screen of death(though BSOD should be referred to as such not simply a crash).

If you are receiving errors such as 4001 or 4002 or any other error resulting in you disconnecting, this is not a crash. Being clear with your problem makes it easier to diagnose.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-29 13:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it instantly disappears, I meant it when I said it crashed. I just uninstalled everything before work this morning and plan on reinstalling everything when I get back. Hoping that will help since the file check can’t seem to detect anything.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-30 09:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If running through windower/ashita it could be something as simple as something else pops up on screen, like an epic store friend request or a steam message (although for me this usually leads to screen freezing, it might just flat out close on windower).

Lately there have been more and more game crash/freeze triggers :s
By Torzak 2019-05-30 09:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, and seemingly, dgvoodoo cleared up a lot of strange odds and ends for the game crashing to desktop.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-05-30 10:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

quite a lot actually
when playing racing games
[+]
By Fauve 2019-05-30 12:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve been crashing a lot as well ever since the update

Edit: Random freezes too
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-30 12:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

disable windows updates especially on windows 10. that ***can cause windower to just plain exit without any warning. windows 10 is complete ***.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [724 days between previous and next post]
By Fizzleboom 2021-05-23 22:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey mine never crashed ever with voodoo3 installed...now with latest update it is crashing randomly all the time! very frustrating... I have no idea what is happening.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-24 06:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Playonline instantly disappeared for me this week once.
By Draylo 2021-05-24 07:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine freezes almost every night I afk, its annoying. It's like a freeze where just the game screen is frozen, but I can still move the characters and click/do things but it doesn't show visually.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-24 07:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Mine freezes almost every night I afk, its annoying. It's like a freeze where just the game screen is frozen, but I can still move the characters and click/do things but it doesn't show visually.

I've gotten this since I started 4 & 5 boxing starting back in February or so. The frequency drastically increases in certain Ambuscade and HTBF instances (the Iron Giant ambu and Lilith area, to be exact).

It had been increasing in frequency over time too, to the point where it would rapid fire 2-3 of my characters in the span of a few minutes.

I started trying everything. Fresh install of all computer components. Re-attached all cable connections. Tried underclocking GPU. Tried keeping the fan at 100% at all times. I even added more RAM. Nothing seemed to offer *any* relief. The computer is only 3~ years old and has pretty high end components that SHOULD be able to run FFXI no problem, even 5 characters at once.

After all that, there are two things that offered mega relief. The first, I had all five characters running at 60 FPS. While my GPU can take it, the power supply in my computer could not. I monitored my power supply usage for a week days and while running 60 FPS, all five instances were running "High" to "Very High" power supply usage at once. I pushed all 5 down to 30 FPS and power supply usage dropped dramatically. I instantly saw a huge reduction in my freezes.

I had a power supply from a different computer laying around that was slightly more voltage, so I chucked it in my FFXI PC and saw even further reduction.

The freezing still does happen, but it's maybe once a week to one character, so it's not enough to make me lose my mind. Prior to making the power supply switch/FPS switch, I was freezing 5-10 times a day.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Miyavizm
Server: Ragnarok
user: Miyavizm
By Ragnarok.Miyavizm 2021-05-24 07:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine randomly died when i went to zone into Mhaura.

Now im lucky if i can even get to the character select screen without getting a POL-0011/POL-3100 error.

Like what the actual *** is going on?