Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » (Divergence) Volte Armor
(Divergence) Volte Armor
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-27 13:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to say something actually related to the topic, I love the idea of idling in volte doublet set for BLM RDM SCH GEO. It's like their very own Inyanga, and it severely disappoints me that the pieces are so rare and difficult to target farm.

It's not like it's game breaking gear, the effort:reward is shameful.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-27 15:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Shiraj said: »
I'm confused on how I felt such a difference though

This has to be said constantly in AMAN thread as well as many others, but humans are not good at estimation. The context of something like this is incredibly hard to eyeball, and you likely couldn't even tell the difference between 60% and 75% over a week each, much less 63% and 66%. That isn't a personal insult, I couldn't either.

We see what we want to see, it's just how it is.

Yep, this isn't far from my week or two of trying out Raetic Kris+1 as THF offhand. Felt strong, then looked into how it actually functioned, and realized it was only doing much for a brief moment at the start of fights, and not at all worth it over a longer duration, so even if I felt like it was doing things, it simply wasn't. Likely still best offhand for short Escha fights, but that's probably it.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-27 16:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to say something actually related to the topic, I love the idea of idling in volte doublet set for BLM RDM SCH GEO. It's like their very own Inyanga, and it severely disappoints me that the pieces are so rare and difficult to target farm.

This is part of why I made this thread. These pieces are super rare and the odds of getting a specific piece that you may want or need for a set is shameful. It sucks but it is what it is.

I would love to want the Doublet set but I can’t get past the low HP and zero MP on the pieces. I can refresh on them all day but using them lowers the bar of my usable MP pool If it’s in an Idle set.

Suppose the Meva is realllly nice and it is like the Inyanga and could be swapped into as needed. I just can’t tell if I’m missing something on them or maybe overplaying how the lack of MP might actually effect me.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-04-27 16:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note to Martel: When comparing them, you need to consider that it's multiplicative. Resist traits occur prior to m.eva check and independantly, so 5% resist trait added to 95% m.eva is actually only bumping you to 95.25% overall resist chance. 5% resist trait on 10% m.eva is bumping you to 14.5%.

I also don't think it's ever been proven to even the slightest acceptable standard that 1 m.eva ever becomes a full 1% resist rate. If you have a test indicating that, I'd like to see it.
Good point. Although I think even my flawed model was sufficient for the purposes of this discussion. But I appreciate the more accurate model you've presented. I'll try to keep the multiplicative nature of the resist gear/meva interaction in mind next time.

As for the meva to resist rate, I'm just going with the current known model, however poorly it may be supported. I've no support for it beyond assumptions that 1 meva on the target is the same as the caster gaining 1 macc. If you can assume that then you can look at past magic acc tests. But to be honest I've not gone so far as to review those tests in detail.
Retesting it myself would be... ugh. the sample sizes needed would be painful. Maybe melee something that has blaze spikes and track the resist/unresist dmg? If I could find a mob in the right macc range, that wouldn't die too fast or kill me in an afk test. Just, ugh.

It would be a good thing to look into testing though, if an efficient data collection method could be found. Like you did with dynamis bst pets for resist testing. That was inspired. XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-27 18:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Best set is the haubert. I feel like these pieces are rather underwhelming and almost look like base pieces for something else. They missed a really good opportunity to include any set bonus in these, and the models are fugly overall (again except the haubert set). You wouldn't use any of these as a set collectively, but a few pieces stand out.

With as rare as these pieces are, some of the stats should be higher. I.e. the snapshot increases is really low and odd.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-27 19:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Best set is the haubert. I feel like these pieces are rather underwhelming and almost look like base pieces for something else. They missed a really good opportunity to include any set bonus in these, and the models are fugly overall (again except the haubert set). You wouldn't use any of these as a set collectively, but a few pieces stand out.

With as rare as these pieces are, some of the stats should be higher. I.e. the snapshot increases is really low and odd.

This is the other part that has been confusing me so much. The sets as a whole seem pretty lack luster, like they were just thrown together. A set bonus woulda been huge for this stuff but alas... they are just kinda lackluster in a lot of respects.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-04-27 19:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Volte Jupon + Volte Cap + Chaac Belt for TH4 is OP for your inventory space.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-28 11:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
I would love to want the Doublet set but I can’t get past the low HP and zero MP on the pieces. I can refresh on them all day but using them lowers the bar of my usable MP pool If it’s in an Idle set.

Unless you're using death, you shouldn't really have much for MP problems. Your refresh sources generally outweigh your expenditures on any of those jobs, so I wouldn't personally be bothered by the HP/MP. Having high m.eva in idle is really nice for countless situations, and you can offset most of the HP with moonlight cape (good idle piece anyway, and you won't be using a HP back for midcast anything so it balances out).
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-28 17:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I consistently use the hands/legs from the Jupon set in my RNG, COR and THF meva sets. The prior two jobs don't get many options for meva outside of oshosi, but the overall stats on those two pieces, in particular those two slots I do enjoy. And since I only have NQ turms hands, I do like the bracers on thf as well. If I had HQ turms, I'd probably change my mind.

I also have the spats(feet) from the Harness set that I use in some of my RDM melee builds for the accuracy and (mostly) the STP. Not the BiS option, but works with my builds so I take advantage of 'em.

And of course town gear ;)

Jupon set is decent for melee cor meva/mdb set, imo. It's very easy to cap mdt- with Rostam and ambu back but if you need more beyond that there arent many good options.

Oshosi +1 has highest meva/mdb of all but it has no haste nor accuracy.

Mummu +2 has high meva and melee stats, but mdb is on the low end.

Megh +2 is great for pdt- and melee dps but its horrible against magic dmg.

Both +3 sets has lower meva/mdb than volte.

Volte seems to have the best of both world. Haste, high mdb/meva, acc all in one package.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-04-28 17:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Campaign still active right now for white rarab cap +1 from login. gives TH+1 so you only need one piece of volte for that th4
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-28 20:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Campaign still active right now for white rarab cap +1 from login. gives TH+1 so you only need one piece of volte for that th4

This reminds me of the time in the early days of Vagary. I was a roll COR mostly leeching with my GEO alt in a shout group for body clear. Leader told the THF to tag for TH, he ran in with his empy+2 boots and got one shot. End of run.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-04-28 22:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like their very own Inyanga, and it severely disappoints me that the pieces are so rare and difficult to target farm.

Especially when Amalric +1 exist. They seems to really hit a sweet spot between usefulness, adequate power, job spread and ease of farming.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-28 23:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its a real issue bodies can only drop from the wave 2 boss. Arguably the only body worth a snot is from Windurst but in all the W3 farms and clears my shell has done we only saw 1 and it was from sandy.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-28 23:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The real issue is ONLY wave 2 NM's drop it. It should be a stupidly low drop rate from anything in Dynamis, with NM's having a higher chance. Also wave 3 should drop it too. As is often the case in FFXI, the bigger issue with SE is a terrible effort:reward ratio.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-04-29 00:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the rarab cap is nice if you don't have a alternative but its no ilvl piece.

i highly recommend to make use of dark matter augment campaigns, TH + 1-2 isn't super rare, i've usually seen about 1-3 of them each campaign.

got enough augs on herculean and merlinic pieces to cap TH +4 on none THF main jobs that way.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-04-29 00:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

the rarab cap is nice if you don't have a alternative but its no ilvl piece.

i highly recommend to make use of dark matter augment campaigns, TH + 1-2 isn't super rare, i've usually seen about 1-3 of them each campaign.

got enough augs on herculean and merlinic pieces to cap TH +4 on none THF main jobs that way.

It's a lot of gear for 119 TH4 sets for all jobs when in practice you'll only be swapping for 2 seconds. Sure ilvl gear will save you if you get hit with a TP move mid-swap but before I got the Volte set I was perfectly happy relying on lv1 TH gear just to save inventory space.
By SimonSes 2019-04-29 02:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer 119 pieces too. Especially for jobs on which I tag jobs with melee attack or with AoE. Its really not good when you have 4 mobs on you in Omen and you need to switch to lv1 gear. You get rect really fast.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-29 06:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is an action on a target with treasure hunter gear required to apply the effects? Or would it be possible to use something like curaga 1 to quickly apply treasure hunter to multiple targets at once that are being fought.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-29 06:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this applies to most of the drops in Divergence.

Check how Shards/Voids can only drop from monsters of the related job, and check how rare they are (despite there being several more monsters on each run) compared to the huge 50% drop rate you get for bodies. Which, by no chance, are so much cheaper/available than most other relevant shards/voids.

The same can be said for Volte bodies being so much more annoying than the other Volte pieces. They probably have the same drop rate but single fight per run, and tipically much harder fight than Red Eyes NMs.

I dunno, one run we come out with 5 Volte pieces (no body) in one run. Then we don't see a single Volte in 3 runs in a row. ***is random, and this is exactely why I wish numbers were a bit more consistant.
Pieces being so rare and having to compete with so many other people on lotting sure can be frustrating.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-04-29 06:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You need an action on the mob with the gear equipped.

Granted that action could be dia or diaga from /whm /rdm
 Asura.Darkkaze
user: Darcc
By Asura.Darkkaze 2019-04-29 06:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I thought you only needed to be on the enmity list for TH to apply. Like if someone sleepgas all mobs and thf does cure 1 on the sleeper in TH gear he is on the enmity list for all mobs that were slept and the TH is applied to all. This not the case?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-29 06:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darkkaze said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I thought you only needed to be on the enmity list for TH to apply. Like if someone sleepgas all mobs and thf does cure 1 on the sleeper in TH gear he is on the enmity list for all mobs that were slept and the TH is applied to all. This not the case?

I don't think we know exactly, but I subscribe to the theory that it's a hidden "debuff" on the mob, so it requires an offensive strike.
By SimonSes 2019-04-29 07:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Its easy to test. Make Cure with TH8, then start attack some mob with TH4. If you get lvl up to TH5 on him, then being on hate list is not enough.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-04-29 09:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

can test in Voidwatch easily enough.

it adds 1% for each th you have in your results.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-04-29 10:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

As LadyofHonor mentioned, I'm also pretty sure that Treasure Hunter acts similar to a debuff. It's easy enough to test though and can be done anywhere really. All you have to do is have a black mage sleep a mob, have a thief cast cure 1 on the black mage while wearing maximum treasure hunter gear, then have the thief unequip the treasure hunter gear and start meleeing the mob and wait for a treasure hunter proc. If the first treasure hunter proc you see in the chat log is TH 9 then you know TH was applied by casting cure 1. If the first proc is TH 4 then you know that TH was NOT applied by casting cure, meaning the thief must act directly on the mob.

I have a 99.5% certain feeling though that if you run that test you're going to find that the latter is the case. I'm pretty sure unless the thief acts on the mob directly the treasure hunter won't be applied. I'm in the same boat as LadyofHonor in that vein, and all my experiences maining thf over the years point to that being the case. After witnessing it countless times that just feels like how it works. But by all means run that test. I'm curious to know now myself.
By Shichishito 2019-04-29 10:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a lot of gear for 119 TH4 sets for all jobs when in practice you'll only be swapping for 2 seconds. Sure ilvl gear will save you if you get hit with a TP move mid-swap but before I got the Volte set I was perfectly happy relying on lv1 TH gear just to save inventory space.

inventory space is always a legit concern but depending on what jobs you play you could end up with only 2 pieces needed if you are lucky and get the +2 augments.

with volte you'll always need at least 3 pieces, even if you own the armor.

personly i think the dark matter aug is far easier attainable than volte gear, but could be just me beeing somewhat lucky with the campaign.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-29 12:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oseem loves him some TH+2 augments when you're fishing for Refresh+2 or crazy high WSD+% augments
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-29 14:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
inventory space is always a legit concern but depending on what jobs you play you could end up with only 2 pieces needed if you are lucky and get the +2 augments.

with volte you'll always need at least 3 pieces, even if you own the armor.

personly i think the dark matter aug is far easier attainable than volte gear, but could be just me beeing somewhat lucky with the campaign.

TBF, at least the Volte TH set is all jobs. You're gonna need multiple sets of DM augmented gear (and thus more total inventory loss) if you need to cover jobs that don't share Reisenjima sets.

That being said, I totally agree that even multiple sets of DM augs is FAR easier than hoping to get the Volte gear.
By Shichishito 2019-04-29 14:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Oseem loves him some TH+2 augments when you're fishing for Refresh+2 or crazy high WSD+% augments

i've seen both, TH and refresh augs somewhat frequently. i think the trick with dark matter campaign is to take what you get instead of setting your heart on a specific aug and dismiss everything else.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-29 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Matter augments don't exist... I spent 2 years trying for Phalanx +4 or higher augments. When I get them I got a +5 and +4 back to back... Oseem knows.

Pray for something like DA+1 with Dark Matter and watch you get TH +2 and QA +99. Just the way Oseem works.