Why Does Windwoer Crash If I Unplug My HDMI Cable?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Why does windwoer crash if I unplug my HDMI cable?
Why does windwoer crash if I unplug my HDMI cable?
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2019-04-15 22:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway to prevent this?

(if it helps this is the simplest quickest way to recreate the problem where my new receiver seems to be doing something after an hr. or so (sleep/screensaver/wallpaper). I've emailed the manufacturer but I'm wondering if there's perhaps a software alternative.
By DaneBlood 2019-04-15 22:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

use dgvodoo
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2019-04-15 22:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower crashes because vanilla FFXI tries to return to POL in an unusual way. Your only solution currently is virtual GFX (like DgVoodoo). Square Enix has previously stated that they don't consider this an issue.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-16 00:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Install dgvoodoo and screen blinking wont crash it.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-16 03:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This will also allow you to run other games at the same time that cause the screen to blink when loading up etc.

Yes I can play multiple games at once!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-04-16 06:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
Windower crashes because vanilla FFXI tries to return to POL in an unusual way. Your only solution currently is virtual GFX (like DgVoodoo). Square Enix has previously stated that they don't consider this an issue.

Isn't this a dx8 issue? or rather "functioning as designed" as the game was designed to crash when losing fullscreen so people wouldn't alt+tab in general and they never "fixed" it even when making a windowed option.

As to the OP: anything that causes you to lose directx fullscreen (unplugging a monitor, UAC, ctrl+alt+del in not ancient windows will all cause it, as said above dgvoodoo is a workaround, just don't put the settings too high or you'll randomly crash your video card driver.

Other options: don't unplug hdmi cable, don't lock pc, don't use ctrl+alt+del (ctrl+shift+esc can bring up task manager directly), put UAC on 2nd lowest setting or lowest (off, some don't recommend).
[+]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2019-04-16 06:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I had installed that I must not have done something correctly, could you please point me to the best set of instructions?
By SimonSes 2019-04-16 06:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually found a solution for turning my monitor off/on and not crashing the game in fully random way. I work from home and use remote desktop. I found out that when you are on full screen on remote desktop, FFXI doesn't crash when turning monitor off and on.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2019-04-16 19:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well so I followed the instructions here: https://balanceffxi.fandom.com/wiki/DgVoodoo2_%26_Reshade_Setup

And I can't launch the game (pol launches fine).

Then I tried here since that was old:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/277680802

same problem.

I had reshade working previously
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-16 20:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DGvoodoo fixes your issue (changing displays/running other games in full screen, etc). It also lets you lock your computer/go to the login screen without crashing.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2019-04-16 20:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even launch ffxi with the dll in the pol folder, when I do I see the watermark in pol, but the game itself doesn't launch any ideas?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-16 21:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Brimstonefox said: »
I can't even launch ffxi with the dll in the pol folder, when I do I see the watermark in pol, but the game itself doesn't launch any ideas?

follow this guide. but pay close attention to the directions.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2019-04-16 21:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this fixed my problem, not sure what I was doing wrong (maybe running config in wrong directory?)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50992/ffxi-finally-in-high-quality-graphics/18/#3335463

Confirmed it fixes the issue.