finally made a caladbolg
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 08:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanna clear it up; saying people are mocked for x and saying if people do x it doesnt matter is NOT A CONTRADICTION. Seriously, an observation of what others do versus the reality of the subject is not contradictory, as it would have to assume mob mentality is right.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 09:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Just wanna clear it up; saying people are mocked for x and saying if people do x it doesnt matter is NOT A CONTRADICTION. Seriously, an observation of what others do versus the reality of the subject is not contradictory, as it would have to assume mob mentality is right.
Saying it doesn't matter if people do X and then saying that nobody admits to doing X because they are mocked is contradictory. Even more so if it was said within sentences of each other.

If it doesn't matter if people buy gil, then why do they get mocked for it? It seems like it matters after all....
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 09:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats literally not contradictory. Youre assuming that people get mocked for legitimate reasons every time without fail in order to make your claim true, which is false.
By Shichishito 2019-04-15 10:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

watch out people, page 8!
can't make it to 9 without leaving at least a couple of memes on this one.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 10:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Youre assuming that people get mocked for legitimate reasons every time without fail in order to make your claim true, which is false.
Nope. The act of mockery occurs regardless of legitimate reasons or not. They are not mutually exclusive.

But the act of X does cause the mockery of X. If X doesn't exist, but the mockery of X does, then it's not a legitimate reason for being mocked. That doesn't mean that the mockery never occurred.

But we are going beyond the point. He did buy his REMA. He did get mocked for it. In this one event, it occurred. Saying it doesn't matter if he bought his REMA then saying that people don't do it because of being ridiculed is the contradictory statement.

Can't believe I have to explain it to you though. Maybe you are just trolling? If so, hope you got your jollies off.
By eliroo 2019-04-15 10:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Things don't have to matter to be mocked.

Like this thread doesn't matter, but people are still mocking it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 10:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Or my face. That alone is worthy of at least 9 pages of mockery.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 11:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you prove its not contradictory.... Then claim it is.

The statement is buying gil literally doesnt matter and isnt a big issue. People dont openly claim to to avoid senseless ridicule.

Your claim is that people mock it so it is a big deal, else why would people mock it

People mocking something doesnt make it a big deal, thus your claim falls apart.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 11:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And there it is. The reversal fallacy trap.

Where presenting a counter-argument of "nu-uh!" over and over again will just get annoying very quickly and change the subject to the fallacy argument.

So, I'm just going to end it and say that you won the internets and be done with it, there is no point in arguing with anyone whose only retorts are "no u!"
By fonewear 2019-04-15 11:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is serious business. Please continue.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 11:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Your face is serious business!
By fonewear 2019-04-15 11:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Your face is serious business!
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-15 11:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost 9 pages keep posting.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-04-15 11:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bytb
fonewear said: »
Almost 9 pages keep posting.
But why?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause of the "Over 9 pages!!!!!" meme that's been a staple here for almost a decade.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-15 11:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is because by 9 pages no one remembers what the hell the topic was or is. And no one cares.

For me I forget what the topic is after page 1.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 11:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
For me I forget what the topic is after page 1.
The topic is books and how they are damaging society by not being a Caladbolg!
[+]
 Bismarck.Kaoriasada
By Bismarck.Kaoriasada 2019-04-15 12:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The topic is Vize memes!

[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-04-15 12:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
as far as the loot n scoot ***geez is your ls still butthurt over something that happend 3 or so years ago ........seriously i wasnt even a member of yall linkshell i was just doing omen with yall for about 3 months straight 3 or 4 times a day and had been playing for years at that time i was burnt out and quit for a few months i just didnt say anything to you guys cause like i said i wasnt an official member of yall linkshell and when i asked max about it he said it was cause i didnt have blm or smn or something like that lvled to go along with my melee and sch and cor jobs so i saw no harm in just taking my break without giving yall any notice
You know, you had me actually on your side right up until the last 5 words of this paragraph (less all of the grammatical errors, at least. Holy run-on sentence Batman!).

While it's ok to quit after being burned out in this game, at least 2 things happened you admitted in this paragraph alone that makes you both a tool and an ***:

1) You admitted in being in an Omen group. Most Omen groups I know of were not in the same shell, especially since most shells at the time Omen was introduced turned into mainly social shells, with smaller group coming together to form 6-man kill parties.
2) You admitted in being an *** and leaving the group without notice. Imagine if, instead of buying your REMAs, you had to obtain them with the help of others, who, during your quest on getting a shinny whiffing bat, you also helped, either directly or indirectly, in their goals. Now imagine if one of those members decide to not show up anymore. How would you feel about that, now that you lost somebody you can trust to do their job (well, in your case, most likely your Omen group got better, but that's another subject for another time). Would you be all sunshine and lollipops over that?

So, basically, long story short, your retort not only empowered Gippali's stance, but also made you look foolish at the same time. Congrats!

See this is really where I have a hard time with him and how he conducts himself. His side is riddled with only half truths. What I was told by two people about his initial disappearing magic trick was because it involved family/personal matters. Only to be told later by others that that story was all ***. Sympathizing for someone and then being told it was baloney doesn't sit well with me. Like I said earlier, I know better now to ever do anything with him or around him. (Keep in mind this only one of the incidents)

@Sekyuu:

Man, watching you theory craft on how all these people from Bismarck and the massively huge discord hate train are bullying is hilarious. No, I don't need to keep a journal of anecdotal evidence for you every time he has done something stupid. I highlighted my reasons, that's it. We also don't plot and discuss how the server can collectively ring the dinner bell to "bully" Vize. We aren't calling him a ***,***,shitstain, etc. We're posting memes. You are assuming far too much and know far too little to be peacocking as hard to you are. As Yahira stated, it's a solid discord/LS with a group of helpful people. That being said, you can be damn sure I am going to laugh my *** off whenever Vize does something dumb. The stuff he does sometimes is absolutely comical.

The only reason I can assume you are so triggered is because I called you a washed up ex SE employee. I think that the "ackchyually" meme can be used for you as well when you mansplain ***about your old job.
[+]
By Yahira 2019-04-15 13:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yahira said:
Asura.Kingnobody said:
Yahira said: »
The one thing about him is if it is bought to his attention he will apologize and try to rectify.
Hasn't happened yet.
Has he offended you directly and you pointed it out to him? I have received apologies from Vize for offenses done to me that have been pointed out.

His entire throwing himself under the bus post looks like an attempt to apologize but not at the same time.

Example #1 of going out of context. I quoted you stating that Vize apologizes for bringing attention to himself. He did not, which is what I'm saying, and now you are changing the subject about him offending me personally?

Let me ask you this then: Did Vienner attack you personally?

Because that is as appropriate in this conversation as your retort.

Just so you don't get into semantics, let's go ahead and point this out: Vize has never apologized for bringing negative attention to himself, which is the claim you made.

I never claimed he would apologize for bringing negative attention to himself, re-read the quotes you so kindly had to place back in here.

I claimed if pointed out to him on his faults he will apologize, perhaps this only works if he is treated like a human from the people he offends.

This thread was not him trying to bring negative attention to himself by the way before you try to come back with that. This was him proud of an accomplishment be it bought or not and wanting to share it with everyone, the why he continues to try to share with people here is beyond me but it is what it is.

Yahira said:
Asura.Kingnobody said:
I'm glad he shows a humorous front about it and am glad he can at least to our visible eyes handle it like a champ but it is going too far.
Like a champ
He's not crying or going off on anyone about it is what I mean.

Yes he did. He went right after Gippali like a little kid and threw a tantrum over quitting an Omen group like an ***. I even linked it to this very page....

It was neither humorous, nor valiant, what he did, like you claimed.

I had addressed that post, to you he's attacking Gip, to me he's trying in a not so very great way to justify his actions with a half formed sort of sorry not sorry type of apology. Reading further down Gip doesn't even seem to think this was an attack on him per say.

I fail to see the contradiction so please enlighten me. No where have I ever seen Vize say "I bought gil today! English is my second language so I may be not conveying the thought properly here.

You were the one who made the contradiction. Not him.

The contradiction is saying it doesn't matter (in your eyes) if anyone buys gil, then goes on to say that people get mocked for buying gil. That is the contradiction to your point. If people get mocked for it, then it matters if they do it.

Also, English is my 6,247th language. Just cause I said that doesn't make it true, does it?

いくつかの点を学びましょう。

I never said he made the contradiction, I said enlighten me on how this is a contradiction as English is my second language and there are some concepts of the written language I have yet to grasp.

I had pointed out that it is Taboo and that is why people do not openly discuss it, hence I do recognize it matters to some.

Good for you, you can copy and paste, or hit random characters on your keyboard to claim you know a different language! You must be so proud.

No one deserves to be treated this way regardless.
No, they don't. However, you fail to grasp even the smallest inkling of the human psychological ego. Frankly, people are going to put others down if they see it as an opportunity to empower themselves. That's human nature.

Failing to accept that little truth will make you into a very bitter person, since all you will ever see in anyone is the pettiness of others. Accepting this will at least let you understand and dismiss the pettiness for what it is, instead of letting it build up into something short of absolute rage.

Absolute rage? There is no rage here.

I am familiar with human nature, it still does not justify treating someone like this. Takes a bigger person to resist the urge to empower yourself at the expense of others.

It is kind of sad that to see you try to justify the actions with this. Who I wonder has the true bitterness in this picture? Are you that unhappy with yourself you have to put others down for this empowerment?

I don't know you well enough, but I still stand that no one should be treated like this, even for you, and am glad you do know how to stand up for yourself with out digging yourself into a deeper hole. I thought guys going for other guys nuts was a cheap shot though
It's a metaphor. It basically means I go for the weakest stance, generally, and hit it hard.

I realize its a metaphor, humor do you get it? I believe there was a ":p" after that in the attempt to convey I was not being serious but lighthearted about the conversation.

Everyone reacts to things differently, just because he doesn't defend himself doesn't make it right. Seeing how he did throw himself under the bus it may be best if he DOESN'T sometimes.
It also means that you don't have to do it for him. White knights are ok if somebody is unjustly being targeted, but that rarely happens and in this case, doesn't apply.

Don't bother hurting yourself over somebody like Vize.

Its obvious he can not defend himself, its obvious everyone would rather jump on the lets roast Vize band wagon than to offer him a kindness, or even better just ignore him and move along with your day.

I do realize he has burned Gip and his shell. I do realize he has burned a lot of people on our server even. That still does not give the right to people to roast him like this.

Not hurting here at all, honestly.

I do see all the quoting is a mess, and I apologize for it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 13:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread was not him trying to bring negative attention to himself by the way before you try to come back with that. This was him proud of an accomplishment be it bought or not and wanting to share it with everyone, the why he continues to try to share with people here is beyond me but it is what it is.
Ok, you make a very excellent point in this. And I'm not going to defend myself in this point, I was being an *** by attacking him on his accomplishment. Even if this accomplishment was purchased instead of earned the normal way, it still is an accomplishment.

But you need to also understand that he brings this hate to him, well, himself. That may not be the point of this thread but it did devolve into it.

I had addressed that post, to you he's attacking Gip, to me he's trying in a not so very great way to justify his actions with a half formed sort of sorry not sorry type of apology. Reading further down Gip doesn't even seem to think this was an attack on him per say.
Actually, no. I didn't say he was attacking Gippali. He was trying to defend his actions, but instead made Gippali's case against himself. And rather poorly. Like I stated before, it wasn't humorous, nor gallant. It was a poor rebuff that turned against him, and it looked very childish at best.

I never said he made the contradiction, I said enlighten me on how this is a contradiction as English is my second language and there are some concepts of the written language I have yet to grasp.

Good for you, you can copy and paste, or hit random characters on your keyboard to claim you know a different language! You must be so proud.
was für ein Werkzeug

아마도 당신이 이해할 수있는 언어로 대답 할 수 있습니다.

Дайте мне знать, если вы можете понять любое из этих предложений

Και ναι, όλα αυτά είναι αντιγραφή και επικόλληση από έναν μεταφραστή

Nem mindenkinek van hozzáférése olyan billentyűzethez, amely több nyelven írható be

I am familiar with human nature, it still does not justify treating someone like this. Takes a bigger person to resist the urge to empower yourself at the expense of others.

It is kind of sad that to see you try to justify the actions with this. Who I wonder has the true bitterness in this picture? Are you that unhappy with yourself you have to put others down for this empowerment?
Nice turnaround. If I was unhappy with my life, I certainly wouldn't be revealing it here.
But hey, you claim to be the bigger person for "resisting the urge to empower yourself at the expense of others." Good for you!

I realize its a metaphor, humor do you get it? I believe there was a ":p" after that in the attempt to convey I was not being serious but lighthearted about the conversation.
Hard to say with the tones of your posts. If you feel like any of this is a personal attack against you, don't worry. This is how I convey my thoughts.

Its obvious he can not defend himself
The word you are looking for is "won't." It means that he has the opportunity but doesn't take it, for reasons.

Why are you "white knighting" him? Oh, and just in case, the term "white knight" means you are defending another for reasons other than clarification. It is a slang term for protecting somebody because you feel superior to everyone and have to show it by defending the weaker stance.
By Boshi 2019-04-15 13:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Halt!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 13:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more Steiner

[+]
By Yahira 2019-04-15 13:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, you make a very excellent point in this. And I'm not going to defend myself in this point, I was being an *** by attacking him on his accomplishment. Even if this accomplishment was purchased instead of earned the normal way, it still is an accomplishment.

But you need to also understand that he brings this hate to him, well, himself. That may not be the point of this thread but it did devolve into it.

Oh I do see it constantly, via shouts on our server and other posts here.

Actually, no. I didn't say he was attacking Gippali. He was trying to defend his actions, but instead made Gippali's case against himself. And rather poorly. Like I stated before, it wasn't humorous, nor gallant. It was a poor rebuff that turned against him, and it looked very childish at best.
[/quote}

My mistake your response to me sounded like you took this post as an attack on Gip. I agree it was very poorly written and mentioned a few times he threw himself under the bus with it.

[quote="Yahira" pid=3425797]I never said he made the contradiction, I said enlighten me on how this is a contradiction as English is my second language and there are some concepts of the written language I have yet to grasp.

Yet again we are missing each other here. I never said he made a contradiction, I do not know where you are coming with this.

was für ein Werkzeug

아마도 당신이 이해할 수있는 언어로 대답 할 수 있습니다.

Дайте мне знать, если вы можете понять любое из этих предложений

Και ναι, όλα αυτά είναι αντιγραφή και επικόλληση από έναν μεταφραστή

Nem mindenkinek van hozzáférése olyan billentyűzethez, amely több nyelven írható be

Google translate can do that for you, not trying to attack you but you seem to think you need to make a point over me stating English is not my first language.

Nice turnaround. If I was unhappy with my life, I certainly wouldn't be revealing it here.
But hey, you claim to be the bigger person for "resisting the urge to empower yourself at the expense of others." Good for you!

Again only human I tend to respond how I am spoken too, never said I was perfect.

Not the best place to reveal any kind of emotion honestly. The vultures would eat you up!

Hard to say with the tones of your posts. If you feel like any of this is a personal attack against you, don't worry. This is how I convey my thoughts.

Same here, anyone that knows me knows I'm pretty chill and don't anger/take offence super easy. So much gets lost in text, which is why I tend to rarely post here. Actually had a little conversation about this with my fiance last night, he said my posts seemed charged, they are not at all. I'm super calm, no offence, no rage, despite what the words may be conveying.

Its obvious he can not defend himself[
The word you are looking for is "won't." It means that he has the opportunity but doesn't take it, for reasons.

Perhaps to avoid tossing more dirt on his own grave?

Why are you "white knighting" him? Oh, and just in case, the term "white knight" means you are defending another for reasons other than clarification. It is a slang term for protecting somebody because you feel superior to everyone and have to show it by defending the weaker stance.

Thank you for that, I was not aware of that slang term. Nah I don't feel superior to any of you, honestly. I just genuinely feel bad for Vize sometimes for personal reasons that do not need be disclosed.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-15 16:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
@Senkyuu:

Man, watching you theory craft on how all these people from Bismarck and the massively huge discord hate train are bullying is hilarious.
Oh wow, that's some wild exaggeration haha. But that's to be expected of someone who's trying to hard to convince himself that he's right for bullying someone. And I guess you have to try even harder to pass as a big guy for the people who actually know your persona, can't afford to be just another dude that bullies weak minded people online.

It's pretty pathetic, though, lol.

No, I don't need to keep journal of anecdotal evidence for you every time he has done something stupid.
You could have stopped at "no", you know. You are unrelated yet are more involved into bullying him than the people ACTUALLY related. I don't think you realize your infatuation for him.

I highlighted my reasons, that's it. We also don't plot and discuss how the server can collectively ring the dinner bell to "bully" Vize. We aren't calling him a ***,***,shitstain, etc. We're posting memes. You are assuming far too much and know far too little to be peacocking as hard to you are. As Yahira stated, it's a solid discord/LS with a group of helpful people. That being said, you can be damn sure I am going to laugh my *** whenever Vize does something dumb. The stuff he does sometimes is absolutely comical.
The problem aren't so much your reasons or what you say after (about laughing your *** off and all), I actually agree with both, the problem is that you express both in a negative and active way toward him through bullying.
If he was bullying you for any reason, I'd have the same reaction in your defense.

I don't think it's wrong to laugh at someone's stupidity here and there or to think they are ***/dishonest given proof, but I don't think it's right to actively bully him. I mean, the memes are fun and all but there is a certain limit, you just went beyond that limit. It's fine if you see it and tone it down, it's not really fine if you keep stabbing the corpse and act as if it's normal.

The only reason I can assume you are so triggered is because I called you a washed up ex SE employee. I think that the "ackchyually" meme can be used for you as well when you mansplain ***about your old job.
>mansplain
Whew, going full stars and stripes on me here.

I don't mind you calling me this to be honest, that's perfectly fine imo.

I just saw someone full of himself bullying someone, put my finger on it. Ego answered the way ego always answer and we're now pages later still dealing with the same ego being booty blasted, sinking deeper and deeper in its denial.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-04-15 16:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mansplain

People who use that word shouldn't get into arguements without an adult present...
By Jetackuu 2019-04-15 17:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Mansplain

People who use that word shouldn't get into arguements without an adult present...
^
By fonewear 2019-04-15 17:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember back on page one when I was a noob but here it is page 8 and I'm a veteran.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-04-15 17:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a whole lot of stuff in that so I just spoiler'd it.

Please highlight within this thread where I am "bullying" him. Because you haven't, you just keep saying I am as well as a few others. Just one example that's in this thread. Please tell me what "limit" you feel I have crossed. You keep going on about this bloated ego and persona that I and anyone roped in with me has, but you haven't provided any evidence within this thread. I could argue that your white knight virtue signaling tactics are just the same as whatever ego stroke you think I need.

@Fone: Veteran's ONLY.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-04-15 17:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

just one more page and you'll ascend to veteran elite!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9