users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » White mage alt
White mage alt
 Asura.Mavre
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Mavre 2019-03-29 12:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to make a good gear set for a white mage alt and while i see a lot of good info on end game gearing, I was hoping to find something with more cost-effective options to get to potency/cast/enmity caps in a gear set that would be sufficient for most things. I know that this will not be ideal for all spells, but something that would cover me to heal optimally potentially at the cost of having the best sets for regen, bar spells, and whatnot would be great. Eventually I will work towards other sets as well, but something to start off would be great.

Also curious (not much experience with healing)...the 20% cure cast from merits, does that count toward the 50% cap? I assume so, but was not sure. If so, is my best bet to go for another 30% cast time on gear and 30% fast cast to cap, or something else entirely?
By DaneBlood 2019-03-29 12:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44724/on-healing-hands-a-comprehensive-whm-guide-v2/
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53382/whitemage-gearsets/

Righ above and below your post...

just a generneal advise it will aways benefits you to read around on a forum before posting if you are new to a forum.

and yes to cure cast merrits
this is wahy you change merrits over time

bar + curecast in the beginning until you cap curecast in gear
then bar + regen

oh and you should aim for 80% fastcast/curecast. the cap is 80% not 50%
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Fast_Cast
 Asura.Mavre
Server: Asura
By Asura.Mavre 2019-03-29 12:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the advice on other posts, but a few things I was wondering about didn't look to be fully answered in either. The set you made for "easy/strong" may have capped potency and cast, but it has your enmity at -21 rather than the cap. If that is sufficient then I am good with it, but I was under the assumption that I would want to get that capped as well. Also, the bg page on fast cast is good, but between that and the various white mage resources I didn't see anywhere that really talked in detail about cure cast vs. fast cast, or anything that addressed merits counting toward that cap or not, just that eventually you want to switch away from curecast merits.

All of this said, I do appreciate that you responded with potential resources rather than the normal snark from most posters.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-03-29 13:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mavre said: »
I appreciate the advice on other posts, but a few things I was wondering about didn't look to be fully answered in either. The set you made for "easy/strong" may have capped potency and cast, but it has your enmity at -21 rather than the cap. If that is sufficient then I am good with it, but I was under the assumption that I would want to get that capped as well. Also, the bg page on fast cast is good, but between that and the various white mage resources I didn't see anywhere that really talked in detail about cure cast vs. fast cast, or anything that addressed merits counting toward that cap or not, just that eventually you want to switch away from curecast merits.

All of this said, I do appreciate that you responded with potential resources rather than the normal snark from most posters.

Bruh, I don't try to cap anything for -enmity. I just cap potency (bar, cure, enhancing), fast cast, quick cast for raises, then just have good DT/MEVA sets. Your optimal sets just have some -enmity on them, but it's not the focus.

Even bad tanks can mostly keep hate off a whm.
By Jetackuu 2019-03-29 13:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In most situations. Unless you're curaga spamming during a hate reset or something funky.
By DaneBlood 2019-03-29 14:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

as anything in this game that narrows down to the situation.
and therr is argument for and against.

But in generel curing is you main function and you want to be effective at it.
emnity counts in for when/if the tanks dies or a hate reset. but again this is very less of the time compared to the time you are curing.
you laso have to relaise that strong cures = less mana wasted two fold
1: you get to use smaller cures for the same amount of healing
2: bigeer healing gets you a bigger "kickback" from emp pants.

The strong easy is should be rather easy to get with some friends and it also is a nice stopping points to focus on other thing.
improvement on the strong easy set is going to be a much harder compared to what it took to make that set so you kinda need that set to proceed on. unless you get absolutely carried all the way through to the BIS set

side note:
You can wait with reforging the emp gear on the strong/easy set
just abyssea +2 level already makes them strong/best in those slots

hope you can read despite the typos . im still at work
By Aerison 2019-03-29 14:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »

Bruh, I don't try to cap anything for -enmity. I just cap potency (bar, cure, enhancing), fast cast, quick cast for raises, then just have good DT/MEVA sets. Your optimal sets just have some -enmity on them, but it's not the focus.

Even bad tanks can mostly keep hate off a whm.
Purpose of -enmity is for when hate resets happen
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [295 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Zelllo
Server: Leviathan
user: Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2020-01-19 01:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Real quick to get started:

Empy legs <- highest priority
Queller rod or daybreak
Sor Shield
Kaykaus +1(sans legs) if you can afford it.

Goal being to get you to free cures and 119 so your alt doesn’t drag down xp.

I feel like this is a good starting point for time/effort/cost. For max/min refer to the guide because obviously this isn't comprehensive.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [409 days between previous and next post]
By DaneBlood 2021-03-02 23:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Zelllo said: »
Real quick to get started:

Empy legs <- highest priority
Queller rod or daybreak
Sor Shield
Kaykaus +1(sans legs) if you can afford it.

Goal being to get you to free cures and 119 so your alt doesn’t drag down xp.

I feel like this is a good starting point for time/effort/cost. For max/min refer to the guide because obviously this isn't comprehensive.

Qrod is an unoptimal option to go get for whm

iridal if you want some cheap that works or raetic +1 if you want to toss gil at getting max cures

Any other options is inferior to the iridal which you can grab of the ah for petty gil.

so never use qrod or daybreaks unless you just happens to have it arond and havent done your elemental obi yet

also yoru suggestion to got full kaykaus im pretty sure is enferio to the easy/strong cure set already suggested but more expensive.