What Can Be Lost During Server Transfer? (2019)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What can be lost during server transfer? (2019)
What can be lost during server transfer? (2019)
 Odin.Lastarael
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Lastarael
By Odin.Lastarael 2019-03-19 21:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey y'all. I've done a fair amount of searching, but I'm having trouble confirming what, exactly, will be lost when transferring servers.
SE states that anything in your dbox or on AH will be lost, as well as LSs.
I assume that signed items will lose their signatures.
I recall there previously being a gil cap of some sort, but I haven't seen it mentioned in posts in recent years. If there is, what is the amount, and can you distribute the gil between your characters without losing it? (i.e. split the gil between mules.)
I've heard varied reports on whether stored gear (on Porter Moogles, Item/Armor Depositories, etc) can be safely transferred without having to pull everything out and somehow find a place to put all of the stuff. (The storage slips take up enough space as is - I have no clue where I'd put all the items.)
Will seals and crests stored on Shami/Shemo and ABCs stored with Sagheera survive the move? Or Ancient Currency, Traverser Stones, items traded to Magian Moogles mid-trials, etc? (That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'm probably missing some other forms of storage.)
Also, do chocobos, forms, and cards transfer over? I was the only breeder left that I know of on Odin and had cards for birds of every color, M&F, and was working on a promising racer. It's actually part of why I'm coming back to the game, and I don't want to lose them. So, do VCS registration cards and chocobucks transfer?
Hoping that, between everyone on this forum, I can get more info than SE provided on their site.
Thanks!
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-03-19 21:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything you have listed on AH, Anything in your dbox, and Linkpearls.

That's all.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-19 21:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff listed in the auction house and inbox, outbox, ls, only.
Don't need drop pearls since it auto become broken, can trash after.
Just server related stuff, ah, inbox, outbox.
Last rare option if your waiting a game day for a gear to +up also will be non transferable.
If you care to, can make a mule on new server with your current name before you move, after since that name is taken by you,
You can rename you character. If you want.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-19 22:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Anything you have listed on AH, Anything in your dbox, and Linkpearls.

That's all.

Just to clairify: from my experience you actually dont lose items list on AH. The item/gil will be delivered back to the character with the same name (even if thats different char) if you have never "receive" it in inbox.

Im not sure if thats changed since its been years. But this trick has successfully helped someone recover an expensive AH item that they left on AH before they transfer many years ago.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-03-19 22:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't make the mistake I did and leave Defending Ring and a bunch of Omen rings in the Delivery box... Check everything!
By kishr 2019-03-20 01:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Im not sure.
Boiled that reply down for you.

I'm quite sure, this thread got its answers
[+]
By Kainrostecello 2019-03-20 01:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You also lose $18 when you do a server transfer most of the year.
[+]
 Shiva.Devastation
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2019-03-20 04:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Stuff listed in the auction house and inbox, outbox, ls, only.
Don't need drop pearls since it auto become broken, can trash after.
Just server related stuff, ah, inbox, outbox.
Last rare option if your waiting a game day for a gear to +up also will be non transferable.
If you care to, can make a mule on new server with your current name before you move, after since that name is taken by you,
You can rename you character. If you want.

^ Is basically the answer to most of your questions - The one I can say is you don't lose Signatures on items.
By DaneBlood 2019-03-20 07:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty logical. you are changing server so anything that is using the serve to comunicate with other ppl

AH: Yes - it "communciates" with other ppl on the same server
Dbox : yes it communivates with other ppl on the same server
Signature: no its has nothing to do with something server'ish its assinged to your item.. there is not communication with other ppl on the server
Linkshell: YES again - you are usingit to communciate with other ppl on the server
You mithra fetish stash: no - its not even in the game.
[+]
 Odin.Lastarael
Server: Odin
user: Lastarael
By Odin.Lastarael 2019-03-20 15:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much everyone!!!
It's really good to hear that everything transfers over fine. Yay!

Quote:
You mithra fetish stash: no - its not even in the game.
LOL. All my characters are mithras. I'm good. ;)

I'd already created a mule on that server, so I can now name my main what had become my nickname for over a decade.

Appreciate all the help! /bow
By darty 2019-03-20 17:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone transfers servers, but regrets it or whatever, and moves back to the original server - can they use the original name again on that original server? Or is that name locked forever because it had been used already?
 Shiva.Devastation
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2019-03-20 20:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The name is free to use again by anyone.