Ninja Paid 1 Million Dollars To Stream A Game

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ninja paid 1 million dollars to stream a game
Ninja paid 1 million dollars to stream a game
First Page 2 3 4 5
By zaxtiss 2019-04-24 14:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

while i think he's a bit of a blue hired weirdo, that was cool that XI was the top of his list.
By Draylo 2019-04-24 14:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that is pretty awesome lol. So someone who has played FFXI so long and was so invested probably knows of these forums. I wonder who his character was.
By Taint 2019-04-24 15:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t hate the player, hate the game....

Most people would lick cow *** for 1mil and this guy gets to play games. Can’t knock the hustle.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-04-24 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He's worth 10m according to Google, I'd take it for playing games lol
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-04-24 17:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

whats it with the nose comments?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-24 17:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he said he played it for 15 years, so he's been active until recently, or still is, we don't know when he started.

He's most likely reading these forums from time to time and is getting kicks out of people trying to figure out who he was.
By jahn 2019-04-24 18:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

He's pretty openly said that he played on Midgardsormr/Quetzelcoatl, though I can't recall what he said his name was.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2019-04-24 18:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, curious.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Tonsoffun
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Tonsoffun 2019-04-24 20:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There's not really too much of a mystery to who he was haha. When he streamed Nasomi (idk if he still does?) he was Healerx. Same name he used on both Midgard and Quetz. Played with him quite a bit on my other character (Javelin). Static'd with him for over a year, actually still great rl friends with someone else who was a part of that static.

I talked to him once when he was still a Halo player and actually tweeted to him about FFXI before he ever played on Nasomi and had a conversation, but outside of those 2 conversations we haven't maintained any relationship. He did remember me though haha.
Server: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-04-24 21:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

jahn said: »
He's pretty openly said that he played on Midgardsormr/Quetzelcoatl, though I can't recall what he said his name was.
Healerx i remamber checking his stream that day.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 02:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2019-04-25 03:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I never knew he was an FFXI player before today. It's pretty amazing to me that he lists it as his #1 all time favorite game.

The only other time I've ever seen FFXI talked about on TV was about a decade ago when a network I believe no longer exists had a segment on a show called X-Play where they gave a half-hearted review for Treasures of Aht Urhgan-- saying it was an empty game that nobody played and showing an empty Whitegate, which I found laughable because when I played it then there were so many people in that zone that GMs had to kick people out to stop the server from crashing. Later on that same network did a thing where they basically made fun of people at the FFXI convention.

Would be pretty cool if he somehow started a trend with other internet personalities to get them to play FFXI and allow new generations of gamers to see and appreciate what was once only thought of by the few of us. Perhaps because of this, future games will be more influenced by FFXI and everything that made it good.

I just started a new character, and just completed that mission for Bastok where you take the pee strip to the Dangruff Wadi to see if its pregnant or not.

Playing the game again makes me hope that someday there might be a VR version of it in the future somehow-- be it fanmade or otherwise. I recently explored Lower Jeuno and Whitegate on VRchat and it was a really different kind of experience.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-25 04:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Perhaps because of this, future games will be more influenced by FFXI and everything that made it good.
I think it would take serious passion and talent to manage to extract what's generally good about FFXI and adapt it to what people want nowadays.

See it that way: maybe you have a younger sibling (in their teens) who look up to you as their inspiration/hero. They listen to your music, watch the movies you watched and so on, but would they play FFXI?

FFXI already had troubles reaching the majority of people back then, I think it'd be even more difficult nowadays.
I get trainees who are typically 13/14yo at work, they come to my desk at lunch to play games sometimes and when they see FFXI, very few seem interested. And of the few that may be interested, once they see the kind of investment you have to put into that game, they quickly ask me to switch back to Fifa or Street Fighter.

They rather take a beating than discover FFXI, the message is pretty clear to me.

As much as streamers can make people play certain games (Osu, Dungeon Fighters etc.), the games have to follow a certain trend, first. I'd even doubt that kids would want to play WoW, and WoW is immensely more popular when it comes to "fast food gaming" (gaming without much investment).
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-04-25 07:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Perhaps because of this, future games will be more influenced by FFXI and everything that made it good.
I think it would take serious passion and talent to manage to extract what's generally good about FFXI and adapt it to what people want nowadays.

See it that way: maybe you have a younger sibling (in their teens) who look up to you as their inspiration/hero. They listen to your music, watch the movies you watched and so on, but would they play FFXI?

FFXI already had troubles reaching the majority of people back then, I think it'd be even more difficult nowadays.
I get trainees who are typically 13/14yo at work, they come to my desk at lunch to play games sometimes and when they see FFXI, very few seem interested. And of the few that may be interested, once they see the kind of investment you have to put into that game, they quickly ask me to switch back to Fifa or Street Fighter.

They rather take a beating than discover FFXI, the message is pretty clear to me.

As much as streamers can make people play certain games (Osu, Dungeon Fighters etc.), the games have to follow a certain trend, first. I'd even doubt that kids would want to play WoW, and WoW is immensely more popular when it comes to "fast food gaming" (gaming without much investment).
Facts all of this.
[+]
By snakeplisken 2019-04-25 07:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if he really wants to earn that million he has to be forced to play on Asura.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerison 2019-04-26 06:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No ***? Why do you think this was necro'd?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
By Josiahafk 2019-07-11 01:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-07-11 01:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

isn’t Ninja dead?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-07-11 02:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started a new character, and just completed that mission for Bastok where you take the pee strip to the Dangruff Wadi to see if its pregnant or not.

This is why I love FFXIAH forums. You really have to sift through hundreds (not an exaggeration) of pages of crap, but sometimes you do find a gem of a quote in there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-01 16:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dis *** just quit twitch for lolmixer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-01 17:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

can we stop making crap people famous ?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-08-01 17:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Mixer simply a lewder Twitch?

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2019-08-01 18:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »

Im getting old.
I dont have a clue whats this game about
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-01 18:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
isn’t Ninja dead?

Recent buffs didnt do much to help, but hey its something.
By Wordspoken 2019-08-02 05:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Josiahafk said: »

Im getting old.
I dont have a clue whats this game about
That's alright, evidently they do neither.