Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Bonanza suspension
Mog Bonanza suspension
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-11 13:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean yeah, if just ase by itself worked everyone would do it to the point they'd have to roll back the game
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 13:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My point was that, since they've addressed this specific NPC and they've admitted that it is indeed invisible, they are probably monitoring it. Any action between the npc/bonanza would probably get you banned. Not reasonable to conclude that just because they aren't banning people for speed hacks and super clipping/ase assaults doesn't mean they wouldn't for this.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-11 13:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Typically this kinda stuff isn't discovered until someone floods china with gil from it, though, letting people who used it more than a week prior get away with it. If it was pulled in 2 hours, anyone who used it will get nabbed for sure. This is assuming there actually was an exploit and it wasn't just some dumbassery on their end.

ASE on it's own(or whatever other version of the cheap 1 byte patch it uses) won't let you use a NPC that's not up, they also have to have left the NPC being valid out of the logic checks attached to it.. which is very uncommon on anything recent(it's probably copy-paste code for their dialogues at this point).

My guess is it was something incredibly stupid like the RUN card thing, that could be triggered with vanilla client by accident. Curious to know though, doesn't seem like anyone's stepping up to take credit.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 13:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
My guess is it was something incredibly stupid like the RUN card thing, that could be triggered with vanilla client by accident.

Funny. I kept bonanza balls and a couple tickets from a previous bonanza and never turned them in, but later tossed them due to inv space. They were losing numbers anyways but was thinking... Is there something on the bonanza tickets that identify them as unique to only the most previous Bonanza that ran? What if a player, say has done all Bonanzas, and never turned a ticket in. If he had the winning numbers from a future bonanza on a previous marble, is that redeemable? Or is the marble different item each time? Has anyone tested if marbles can be re-used if not redeemed?
By volkom 2019-01-11 13:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm pretty sure i tried that once. iirc the moogle didn't accept my old marble
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2019-01-11 13:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Armandan said: »
It also says Friday January 19th.... That isn't a thing this year.

But it was last year!

Looks like someone had a calendar fail of the I-don't-know-what-year-it-is variety.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-01-11 13:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how the data is set up, but newer marbles do display which bonanza they correspond to. My guess would be that the actual augment (or whatever) is a longer string with the purchased number simply being a unique portion of it. Either way, probably something they actually thought of.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 13:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth a try. I know I'm not the only person who tried forcing my used Mars/Venus orbs to every BC after the fact (even ones that don't even sponsor the BC). Welp, that does it. Probably a date mixup.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 14:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They announced it on Facebook as the 2018 bonanza as well, despite the numbers not being released for 8 days. Incredibly special. I'd love to know what's going on back there .. must be like a zoo for monkeys.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 14:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
They announced it on Facebook as the 2018 bonanza as well, despite the numbers not being released for 8 days. Incredibly special. I'd love to know what's going on back there .. must be like a zoo for monkeys.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact you associated monkeys with black people is actually racist lol. Where's that Picard facepalm ..
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 14:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact you associated monkeys with black people is actually racist lol. Where's that Picard facepalm ..
I meant the workers as monkeys never once did I say black... :00000 :dramatic music: lol

But joking aside you’re probably right. It’s a zoo.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 14:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't that be species .. ism? Lol. Like I'd be insulting the monkey species for comparing them to SE employees? And for sure it's a zoo with as much communication as a carrier bird getting shot.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 14:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't that be species .. ism? Lol. Like I'd be insulting the monkey species for comparing them to SE employees? And for sure it's a zoo with as much communication as a carrier bird getting shot.
True the way they send needed concerns to the team is through pigeons since they are not allowed internet access to look on the main forums.
[+]
By Tarage 2019-01-11 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey.

This topic is about the *** mog bonanza. Take your racism argument elsewhere. No one *** cares.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 15:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"Racism argument" What are you talking about?? lol. Where in the blue hell is this "argument" you speak of?? You need a Snickers or something, chill out.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 15:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

"Racism argument" What are you talking about?? lol. Where in the blue hell is this "argument" you speak of?? You need a Snickers or something, chill out.
Some people can’t read jokes Kylos. Too many snowflakes are spreading like a virus in the world. I know let’s fake insult each other then snowflakes will think we are fighting.

Kylos you Are a meanie head!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 15:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a poo poo face. Damn it's like being in primary school again. Someone report me to the headteacher as I'm a meanie head! And racism has no place in this school! Not even to be educated about it. It's banned forever because Tarage the hungry Orc needs his precious Mog Bonanza discussion. *throws Snickers at Tarage*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 15:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically it is from 2018 since that was the only (I think) Bonanza for the year. It just happened to roll into 2019 for the winning numbers being announced. The FFXI_EN twitter account also says 2018 Bonanza, so this likely isn't a mistake. They are prob just referring to the date the Bonanza started, which would be correct as 2018.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-01-11 15:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

But it was last year!

Looks like someone had a calendar fail of the I-don't-know-what-year-it-is variety.

SE detected an error and have rescheduled the Bonanza announcement for February 30, 2019. Please look forward to it!
[+]
By Tarage 2019-01-11 15:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kylos, Drakenv, shut the *** up already.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 15:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a poo poo face. Damn it's like being in primary school again. Someone report me to the headteacher as I'm a meanie head! And racism has no place in this school! Not even to be educated about it. It's banned forever because Tarage the hungry Orc needs his precious Mog Bonanza discussion. *throws Snickers at Tarage*
Lol. Hello Kylos this is drakenv on channel Odin reporting the latest news on “where the *** is my bonanza 2019.” I checked the forums nothing new to report. But I did find a great entertaining gem being discussed on the forums.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php?_ga=2.209207954.1467921700.1547216049-1568032303.1513168010#threads/54832
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 15:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

But it was last year!

SE detected an error and have rescheduled the Bonanza announcement for February 30, 2019. Please look forward to it!
Lol
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 15:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's ya discussion Tarage .. SE messed up big style.

-- Numbers were not meant to be released til the 19th, but some smart employee(s) decided it was last year and brought the NPC out on the 11th. Once they noticed it was the wrong date, they made it invisible and made it seem like something was wrong with the NPC.

-- On the site they say the numbers are released on Friday 19th, when the 19th is actually a Saturday. D'oh!

-- On the site they also call it the 2019 Bonanza, but in other places (like on FB) they call it the 2018 Bonanza. They also said (on Facebook) you can check to see if you won anything .. when the numbers are not released yet.

So SE screwed up, not just with the NPC but with their social media. Is that enough discussion for you? Are you going to chill the "star star star" out now??
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 15:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, well there you go. High School Intern ordered the wrong desk calendar and has been a full year off.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Wish I hadn't said it now .. as I could really go for a Snickers. Not just to eat, but to calm Tarage the **** out. Must be starving. Needs feeding before they destroy a city.
[+]
By Tarage 2019-01-11 15:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-11 15:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-11 15:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Padawan the moment you acted like a keyboard warrior is the same moment you lost. Bonanza is down for now and has been explained to you. Calm Padawan.
[+]