Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » DynaBastok (D) - Mid boss
DynaBastok (D) - Mid boss
By Amunaptra 2019-01-10 03:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried for a couple weeks to find a pt for this but no luck, so I'm gonna try to build one myself, but I have no experience and would like a little help. All I know comes from the BG wiki pages.

For the mid-boss, MB seems the best strategy but is melee also viable? how much acc is needed for boss? and for trash?

Any particular job I should look for? besides usual tank/healers, what jobs work better here?

How are drops usually handled in pug groups? everyone pick a job to lot shards and let everything else drop?

Thx!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-01-10 04:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are just going straight to the mid boss you can do it with just 3 people. Took 2 returning friends into dyna sandy last night they are PLD and SMN while I was on COR breaking statues so we didn't need to worry about any mobs and used Koro, Apururu and Star Sybil. Used CDC > Leaden and switched to Wildfire after a few Leadens to put Leadens damage back up. As long as the PLD takes the boss away from the trusts it shouldn't hit them didn't take me long on COR to kill the mid boss.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-10 08:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

good advice above. Use the location of the wave1 boss at the bottom of the stairs to your advantage. Shoot/support from up top, tank at the bottom. A COR who has someone to use a Distortion property Weaponskill to open for Leaden Salute can deal some high level damage fast.

The wave 1 bosses all being giant statues take horrible damage from melees, and the TP feed of multiple weapons beating on them causes spamming of their stomp move, dealing AoE damage and stunning you, so a double whammy against whacking these mobs with swords and such.

It was hinted at above, but to state clearly- spamming the same weaponskill over and over without interruption causes that overused weaponskill to lose potency. Doing a skillchain between two different weaponskills helps alleviate this.

If I were taking 3 real characters, I'd probably want RUN,COR,RDM and then trusts to fill out. The RUN can tank and use Ground Strike to open skillchains that the COR can close with Leaden Salute. RUN can also use Rayke with Tenebrae runes to increase Leaden AND skillchain damage for a few chains. RDM can Enfeeble, heal, haste the RUN and flurry2 the COR, and Inundation would be effective because you're using two types of weapons (greatsword and marksmanship). Oh, and they can even burst on the ensuing Darkness chain. If your COR is solid and has Tripleshot up, making a 3 step chain should be very easy with Ground Strike>Leaden Salute>Wildfire for double darkness, and two bursting windows per chain.
 Asura.Trumpet
Server: Asura
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-01-10 09:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Having done midboss/farm runs low man for unlocks, if you have a real WHM, melee isn't so bad for those. Proper Barthunder + empy legs will make doing curagas through all those AoEs basically free for MP + avoid most the stuns and lets the rest of the groups jobs be more flexible.

Messing around with dyna D in low stakes settings with friends is a really fun learning experience, just remember to bring reraise!