New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Unafraid of the Dark
Unafraid of the Dark

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Crossbones 2020-01-25 12:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just keep giving us glowy weapons. I was disappointed when the Iroha fight came out and it was just some bland looking thing and for that reason I don't see any point to do it.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-25 13:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Just keep giving us glowy weapons. I was disappointed when the Iroha fight came out and it was just some bland looking thing and for that reason I don't see any point to do it.

EPEEN
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [107 days between previous and next post]
By Korgull 2020-05-11 03:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, my ls is getting together a group for Master Trials and we're working on Unafraid of the Dark as it seems like the "easiest" one.

I was wondering if Shiraj or any fellow MNKs that have tanked Shadow lord can share some general tips? I noticed that Shiraj was /RUN, using 2 lux runes and pflugs when available, applying Shell crusher, but i'm wondering if Counterstance/perfect counter were used for the fight, or more details in case Shadow Lords spawns his clones.

Thanks in advance.
By Ruaumoko 2020-05-11 05:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The key to the MNK strat is to have SAM as the other DD.

Warding Circle and Hamanohoa (sp?) will help the MNK out a lot. Warding Circle for the Damage Taken/Dealt bonuses and Hamano stacks with Shijin Spiral/Penance so SL gains very little TP.
By Korgull 2020-05-11 05:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, with SAM's reforged AF head you can push Warding Circle duration to 4:30 min with a 5 min recast... so you can practically keep it up full time. Thanks a lot for the info.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-05-11 06:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Korgull said: »
Hello, my ls is getting together a group for Master Trials and we're working on Unafraid of the Dark as it seems like the "easiest" one.

I was wondering if Shiraj or any fellow MNKs that have tanked Shadow lord can share some general tips? I noticed that Shiraj was /RUN, using 2 lux runes and pflugs when available, applying Shell crusher, but i'm wondering if Counterstance/perfect counter were used for the fight, or more details in case Shadow Lords spawns his clones.

Thanks in advance.

I did it mnk/nin, used sagitta and a hybrid set, used perfect counter if I had to cast ichi, no counterstance. Other DDs were war and cor.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-11 07:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that Shiraj was /RUN, using 2 lux runes and pflugs when available,

I was only /run for the defensive attributes. If you are confident in your healer, /war is fine and use Berserk for faster kills. 9/10 times you aren't attack capped in Unafraid of the Dark. Unless 1 hours are used, so. Just don't use Counterstance while fighting Shadow Lord. His physical moves are nasty + he does Defense Down. Not a good combo.

Keep doing a 3 step if footwork is down:
Shijin > Victory > Victory.

If an add spawns, do a 4 step:
Tornado Kick > Shijin > shijin > Victory.
Single 3-4 step kills the add.
By Korgull 2020-05-11 23:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot for everyone's input!
By Fayona 2020-05-12 05:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »

Thanks in advance.

I did it mnk/nin, used sagitta and a hybrid set, used perfect counter if I had to cast ichi, no counterstance. Other DDs were war and cor.

Would agree with others that the defensive subjob and Sagitta aren’t needed for this fight. I’d go /war and just ride a Malignance Kenda+1 set. When I did it I used Sagitta to start but If Shadowlord is enfeebled his melee hits are a non-factor. The only concern is if he uses his TP moves. I swapped to Godhands and he instantly starts to Melt from radiance.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-05-12 06:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fayona said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »

Thanks in advance.

Would agree with others that the defensive subjob and Sagitta aren’t needed for this fight. I’d go /war and just ride a Malignance Kenda+1 set. When I did it I used Sagitta to start but If Shadowlord is enfeebled his melee hits are a non-factor. The only concern is if he uses his TP moves. I swapped to Godhands and he instantly starts to Melt from radiance.

Malig wasn't a thing when we did it, and it really wasn't necessary to go with the defensive sub even then. I'd agree with going /war now, faster is likely safer.