Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Scout’s Gorget +2
Scout’s Gorget +2
By TheOGShiloh 2018-11-19 09:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently went 1/1 on scout’s gorget +2. I’ve been in a slow process of mastering and gearing RNG. I am considering selling the gorget but having a difficult time feeling out the market for it.

On Leviathan, my server, only one has been sold to the person themself shows 200M. I’m not completely nieve to think I could get that much. I also don’t want to undercut myself. Would 125M be reasonable?

TIA
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-11-19 10:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldnt get anyone to pay above 90m for it on Carbuncle and that was like 2 or 3 months ago. I guess it really depends on how many hardcore rngs you have there but id say ~100m for it
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-19 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking as a hardcore RNG on Leviathan, the problem is several things-

1. For the vast majority of serious rangers, the difference between +3 and +4 snapshot (from the +1 to +2 versions) isn't going to change anything in preshot builds. If +4 alters your sets, +3 is going to as well in the exact same way.

2.For situations where you are uncapped ranged attack wise, the Iskur Gorget is likely going to give you better white damage returns than any of the scout's gorgets, so unless you're talking to a ranger who gets to pewpew a LOT in fully buffed endgame situations, they aren't going to get the most out of the "physical damage limit" augment.

3. Lastly, Corsairs are the darlings of the pewpew world right now, and since having both ranger and corsair geared is a common "doubling up", a lot of us are putting our gil into our Corsairs first to help Dyna runs.

Best of luck moving it Shiy, but this ranger ain't droppin more than 60mil on it, and that would be only because I'm tired of hearing "wtf you mean cele doesn't have the +2 gorget???" ;)
By Pantafernando 2018-11-19 12:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been buying some expensive stuffs lately and what i do to see if said price is acceptable is to check the going on price on Asura as in my pov if its stupidly overprice an item in current server, i can just make a list then send a char there to buy then return, saving a couple of mils.

What i mean is, if an item in my server is about the same of asura or just a few mils over, i will end buying.

Regardless of price, your best bet would be putting the item in bazar instead of AH and try to sell during jp prime during sunday thats the highest peak of population in a server normally.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-11-19 13:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

1. For the vast majority of serious rangers, the difference between +3 and +4 snapshot (from the +1 to +2 versions) isn't going to change anything in preshot builds. If +4 alters your sets, +3 is going to as well in the exact same way.

2.For situations where you are uncapped ranged attack wise, the Iskur Gorget is likely going to give you better white damage returns than any of the scout's gorgets, so unless you're talking to a ranger who gets to pewpew a LOT in fully buffed endgame situations, they aren't going to get the most out of the "physical damage limit" augment.

3. Lastly, Corsairs are the darlings of the pewpew world right now, and since having both ranger and corsair geared is a common "doubling up", a lot of us are putting our gil into our Corsairs first to help Dyna runs.

Best of luck moving it Shiy, but this ranger ain't droppin more than 60mil on it, and that would be only because I'm tired of hearing "wtf you mean cele doesn't have the +2 gorget???" ;)

Do you have a +2 COR neck and 3 Rostams though?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-19 17:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Do you have a +2 COR neck and 3 Rostams though?

....exactly why I don't have Scout's Gorget+2 lol....still working on saving up for ONE Rostam!
By TheOGShiloh 2018-11-19 22:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info Cele and Panta
By TheOGShiloh 2018-11-21 16:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sold for $90M the first night I put it in bazaar - Was either the right price or undershot, but I feel overall a pretty good price.

Thanks for the assistance, maybe when I make my next Cele will stop being gimp and man up! <3
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-21 17:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

heavy grats man. Now spend some of that gil on path C adhemar+1!