Leveling mules for AMAN TROVE
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-17 12:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Troll away if you like but I’ve been pondering to level all mules on 4 accounts (I think about 15 to 20 mules) to level 99. Obviously just for extra orbs but is it worth the time? Pros and cons please I just hate when I feel like I’m wasting time doing something on the game that might not be beneficial. And yes I know it’s a video game so time is technically being wasted already to some.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-17 12:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it's worth it. Just is it worth it.

Pain in the *** even with clipping to stop every 10 levels and do double GK. Takes a good 8 hours to 1-99 (a single or set) of accounts with just the first Rhapsody KI (it's not worth getting the second one). You can speed that up depending where you actually get the exp, but 8 is a good estimate. (actually right now it's considerably faster with exp chain bonus)

But the pay out is (potentially) in excess of 100m per character, every month, forever. + any orbs you buy or earn.

(*)Not to mention, you'll already be 99 for the next dumbass thing they do that you need to be 99 for.

(**)I already want to die just doing logins every day, let alone leveling them up
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-17 12:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

am i missing something, how is the payout in excess of 100m when orbs are worth like ~2m
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-17 12:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Every orb has a chance to drop a bodeh

If you're just going to sell the orbs, *** that.
By Ashandarei 2018-11-17 12:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick maths but small % chance at 100m doesn't equal 100m per month.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-17 12:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, you know, you can do 3 orbs a month and all 3 could drop a body. 300m right there. Obviously it wont happen, but it could

Especially when someone writes an add-on to hack it
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-11-17 12:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like omen bodies/hands, then worth it.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-17 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mules have more uses than simply aman vouchers so its always profitable.

For example "viable" mules (like that can be of any use in a party) can be used to "bypass" time gates like omen or dynamis div (obviously a lot more effort than just leveling to 99).

Another very profitable use is if you can do ambuscade with low man (like 4 man) and if your group can afford 1~2 leeches spots, you can have a supply of 7 seals per month for 7 fights and like all alex hp bayld and some hmp monthly (obviously just matter during "easy" months but the current one is a easy month). Can even get some nice exp doing this (this month particularly is 6x 10k per VD fight).

Aside login campaigns, pells campaign and any other free stuffs give to every char so in the end its profitable because thats the way SE see to make some cash, by investing in the 1$ mules.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-11-17 15:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually find this to be fun. Especially since FFXI is now-and-forevermore going to be a nostalgia-fest game only; barring some significant change to their monthly cycle-in-new-login-rewards-and-ambuscade-enemies.

Actually, what I've been doing during the free-to-play week where every mule that I've deactivated can be reactivated and logged in on is make sure everyone can open the daily gobbie box so those daily points start adding up. I've also been consolidating all of my account's stuff onto one or two characters per account (four accounts from back when multi-boxing BST was so much EZ-mode).

I find the following speed-run guide to be pretty useful, actually. Plus, since you'll likely just be doing this to have it done and not for any particular speed-run-best-time, then you can get away with some of the things they skip around (port jeuno abyssea cutscene; for example).

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/57u6u6/planning_speedrun_to_level_99/

Also, to the original question:
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-11-17 18:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not exactly hard to level nowadays, and as long as you have viable mains, most non-JSE gear is POL sendable, so it's amazingly easy to gear up mules. I've got 2x accounts w/ 7x characters on each, only my two mains normally do much of anything, but everyone has at least one 119 job.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
am i missing something, how is the payout in excess of 100m when orbs are worth like ~2m

~2mil each orb > 3x orbs per char per month > 6mil per char per month > 20 chars = 120mil

Makes sense to me.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-17 19:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I actually find this to be fun. Especially since FFXI is now-and-forevermore going to be a nostalgia-fest game only; barring some significant change to their monthly cycle-in-new-login-rewards-and-ambuscade-enemies.

Actually, what I've been doing during the free-to-play week where every mule that I've deactivated can be reactivated and logged in on is make sure everyone can open the daily gobbie box so those daily points start adding up. I've also been consolidating all of my account's stuff onto one or two characters per account (four accounts from back when multi-boxing BST was so much EZ-mode).

I find the following speed-run guide to be pretty useful, actually. Plus, since you'll likely just be doing this to have it done and not for any particular speed-run-best-time, then you can get away with some of the things they skip around (port jeuno abyssea cutscene; for example).

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/57u6u6/planning_speedrun_to_level_99/

Also, to the original question:
:0
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-17 19:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
~2mil each orb > 3x orbs per char per month > 6mil per char per month > 20 chars = 120mil
cap is 16 chars per account and he edited the post
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-17 19:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured it would go without saying. Obviously I know better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-11-17 22:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, you know, you can do 3 orbs a month and all 3 could drop a body. 300m right there. Obviously it wont happen, but it could

Especially when someone writes an add-on to hack it

wut
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-17 22:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Eventually someone will figure out how to pinpoint the mimic (they won't share)

Or they'll start talking 2 parties and open all 11 boxes at once
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-17 23:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

there's no reason to believe that's possible, the server logic is single threaded from what we can tell and it probably determines if it was a mimic at the time you open it not the time you enter
[+]
By geigei 2018-11-18 04:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am leveling my mules, had 16 for years, they payed off long ago when login items werent trash. Process is fkin boring but i dare to say is the most worthy thing you can do in game atm. Daily SP box, ocasionally good login items and now this...
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-11-18 05:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently in the process of doing just this. I'm on mule 11 of 16. With the EXP campaign it usually takes about 12 hours to finish one without the help of an outside PL. Yes it's boring and grindy but I played back in the day when taking your first job to 75 took months. Only thing I wish was for the Siren RoV NM to be killable at a lower level so I can summon a fifth trust.
By Nyarlko 2018-11-18 07:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Nyarlko said: »
cap is 16 chars per account and he edited the post

OP states that he has 4x accounts (which would be a possible max of 64 characters,) so still don't see any problem with the math?
By fonewear 2018-11-18 07:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Troll away if you like but I’ve been pondering to level all mules on 4 accounts (I think about 15 to 20 mules) to level 99. Obviously just for extra orbs but is it worth the time? Pros and cons please I just hate when I feel like I’m wasting time doing something on the game that might not be beneficial. And yes I know it’s a video game so time is technically being wasted already to some.

I'll give you my ID and password cause I"m too lazy to do this !

SE should just say for an extra 2.00 bucks a month your char starts at 99. Make a fortune.

(Only if you have a main 99 character)

Really this many years in the game what exactly is the point of leveling all over again...you don't learn anything new...it is just a waste of time.

For 2.00 bucks a month I'd gladly skip 1-99.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-18 07:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Really this many years in the game what exactly is the point of leveling all over again...you don't learn anything new...it is just a waste of time.

I don't know man, ask the Nasomi kids, they love that slow, pointless grind.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-18 07:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Level caps really are outdated/waste of time. Just one of those things that should've been removed.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-18 07:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried leveling mules (old school) I give up normally around level 10 cause it is so boring.

You forget how painful the early levels of FFXI are.
By Nyarlko 2018-11-18 08:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried leveling mules (old school) I give up normally around level 10 cause it is so boring.

You forget how painful the early levels of FFXI are.

1-10 should take less than 10min... That is only using a basic exp ring, with no campaign. I normally just start from Bastok Mines at lv5 (so that I can unlock Trusts and ROE first) and kill everything on the way to Selbina. By the time I get there, I'm lv20-25.

The trick that I use is to always get 10+ BLM first, (simply starting at Mines and slaughtering everything on the way to Dangruf Wadi will put you at 10+, then use the book to warp back to town,) then always /blm when working on other jobs. It's surprising how well simple Stone1 wrecks things in the beginning. The crappy MP pool holds out just fine since MP refills on LevelUp and at the early stage, you should be leveling every 1-3 kills.

It's not anywhere near as painful as you think it is, unless you are intentionally avoiding QOL bonuses, minimizing exp gains and/or have no clue about the game at all and are just flailing around aimlessly.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2018-11-18 09:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

3 mules, had leveled two of them to PUP 99 with no subjob because it was fun. But the other mule, when I tried to get those pesky vouchers out of her inventory, I found out that she was stuck at WHM 95, and had failed an attempt with two tails left. So I got a shellie to help with the fight, but she only had PUP 20, so that's all I've been doing... aside from fishing and starting a Yagrush for fun on my main. (I already have a Kenkonken) She's already up to 82, and I didn't even bother with trusts until the 40s, because PUP. I also had a bunch of caliber rings bouncing around in my mailboxes, they've helped a lot. And don't forget about imprimaturs for the low levels, especially if you already have the warps unlocked.

Then I did some RoV on her because even the first bits of it have stuff to make leveling easier, and found out she only had one part of 4-1 done, not even an airship pass. Time to bash the Shadow Lord! More fun!
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2018-11-18 10:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are doing this for gil.. wouldn't it just be quicker and cheaper to buy it in the first place....
 Quetzalcoatl.Elrosthereal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Elros
By Quetzalcoatl.Elrosthereal 2018-11-18 11:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Every 3 days or so I do this repeatedly with all my alts. I get 6 shots at it and have been doing well not to get Mimics, just not getting anything totally amazing drops wise. Mostly High-Tier Battles and lower Escha equipment.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-18 12:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryujinjakka said: »
If you are doing this for gil.. wouldn't it just be quicker and cheaper to buy it in the first place....

Not really, an 8 hour investment for (potentially) unlimited gil is a pretty good trade. Those 8 hours are pretty ***as far as chores go though lol.

it's always about money, you either do it to avoid spending it, or you do it to make it, either way it's money.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-11-18 14:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

I'll give you my ID and password cause I"m too lazy to do this !

SE should just say for an extra 2.00 bucks a month your char starts at 99. Make a fortune.

(Only if you have a main 99 character)

For 2.00 bucks a month I'd gladly skip 1-99.

FF14 has that, but Nah, SE said *** ff11... I just want race changes...
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2018-11-18 16:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Ryujinjakka said: »

Not really, an 8 hour investment for (potentially) unlimited gil is a pretty good trade. Those 8 hours are pretty ***as far as chores go though lol.

it's always about money, you either do it to avoid spending it, or you do it to make it, either way it's money.

It is not free gil though, how much would 4 new accounts with maximum characters cost?
First Page 2 3