Future Of Final Fantasy XI May Change.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Future of Final Fantasy XI may change.
Future of Final Fantasy XI may change.
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-11-13 18:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

As you know an ongoing conversation that is had between many players and ex-players is "When will the game end?"

The future of the game has always been unknown for us passionate players who just cannot stop coming back. I sometimes worry that my last 15 years in this game will someday lead to 25 years then to have it all disappear and will just be a memory like an old Nintendo Cartridge that will never be playable again.
As much as this makes my stomach unsettled, I had a great deal of relief today by one simple act a well known streamer did, which blew my mind. The influence this could have on the population of the game and the chance of getting new and old players to really make that come back to the game.

I will cut to the chase at this point because I am sure many do not know this happened.

The famous streamer known as "NINJA" Recently made a return to playing Final Fantasy XI on a private server, before you say its just a private server that doesn't mean much, I find it does and here is why.

Shedding the light back on something as nostalgic as this game that I am sure many more have tried than we know, I seem to run into a lot of people who have tried this game but never really gave it much of a chance. Seeing someone as influential as Ninja playing this at all can only mean good things to come as far as population and solidarity of the future.

I began to wonder is this some sort of coincidence that December 2nd they are announcing the FFXI mobile games trailer, or is it just a fluke that he made the come back.

Either way I am very excited about it and for those who do not watch youtube channels on FFXI, the tuber- Work to Game has made a commentary and there is some footage of Ninja streaming the game from a private server, I hope you all enjoy this and makes you all as excited as I am.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-13 18:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

*puke*
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-13 18:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

there's no meaning behind it, it's just a kid who played 11 before and wanted to get back on it like everyone else who reactivates and says hi for a month

if you want meaning, see what they have to say at the live event next month
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-13 19:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

still waiting for rukenshin's next live journal update
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2018-11-13 19:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So was he actually any good when he played? Anyone know who he was? or was he a casual
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-13 19:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Im glad to live in a gaming world where I play the best games every year and never have to hear about this loser called ninja, which is kinda how I treated nins in 11.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By superzombie23 2018-11-20 03:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt Ninja will make a difference. The whole Square account management with POL is a tedious mess. And most importantly, FFXI is not free to play like Fortnite. Good luck teaching kids how to set up the private server. The graphics are super outdated and doesn't look as exciting as Fortnite. He's popular because of Fortnite. That doesn't translate to popular because of FFXI so easily. Unless SE suddenly spawned a whole new marketing campaign with Ninja, using him to promote the game and use his code and get a free trial, FFXI will remain as it is. Knowing SE's past history with FFXI, never going to happen. Considering Shadowbringers FFXIV is getting all the attention right now, we know what they care more about promoting. It would make more sense if SE did a remake of the graphics to a modern standard, but that will never officially happen.
[+]
 Asura.Dreimar
user: dreimar
By Asura.Dreimar 2018-11-20 03:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

that stream started with 4 hours of fortnite gameplay (he got more that 2k $ just for that btw...). he have 12Million followers. He used a FFXI cover as thumbnail. He played low level stuff in Windurt, chatting ingame and reading the live chat, not paying much attention to the game. Atcing "excited" few times. The whole content blurred in a blurple fluo-light... Overall seemed to me a sponsored gameplay.
But some people in the chat, beside the absurd fanboys spam, was curious/pleased to see him supporting FFXI. It will maybe get someone to reactivate or give a try, nothing noticiable. Unless he's going to do it again, on a regular basis, but i highly doubt.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-20 04:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
So was he actually any good when he played? Anyone know who he was? or was he a casual

He's 27, which means that he was 14 when ToAU came out. He also played sports and other genre's of game. So doubt he was in the HNM scene much.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-11-20 04:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too bad he didn't play on an official server, he could've teamed up with one of my AMAN Trove mules I'm leveling up right now.

[+]
 Asura.Mistezo
user: Xremix
By Asura.Mistezo 2018-11-20 05:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Hiromichi Tanaka came back or something
 Asura.Dreimar
user: dreimar
By Asura.Dreimar 2018-11-20 06:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

IMPOSSIBIRU!!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-11-20 07:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

my only hope is that ninjas fame gets nasomi slapped with a fat cease and desist lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-11-20 08:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

He's 27, which means that he was 14 when ToAU came out. He also played sports and other genre's of game. So doubt he was in the HNM scene much.
Ya I was like 13 to 14 doing hnm stuff so if he did any it wasn't much as I'm 29 almost 30 now so. Honestly I dont think this will change the game but I'm sure that video doesn't really help nasomi case as I'm sure se will shut it down.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-11-20 08:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure SE is already well aware of Nasomi and if they wanted to shut it down they would've done so by now.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-11-20 08:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna sub to him just to call him out and get banned from his stream.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-11-20 08:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Genoside said: »
The future of the game has always been unknown

as long as we're all paying $15 a month, they'll buy new servers once every 2-3 years to keep collecting our money. It's not really complicated.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-11-20 09:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-20 09:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Another one.....
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-20 09:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Another one.....
Comfort
By Zerowone 2018-11-20 09:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Cerberus.Genoside said: »
The future of the game has always been unknown

as long as we're all paying $15 a month, they'll buy new servers once every 2-3 years to keep collecting our money. It's not really complicated.

Hell some of the player base can fully fund a new server just off their 6 box + mules + mog wardrobe 3&4 monthly fees.

Back to this “guy”.

It could be a good thing it could be a bad thing. It could revitalize the game with new found interest by his community of followers. This interest could be positive, could also end up being toxic.

What is interesting is that FFXI seems to be common denominator for a lot of successful players in fighting game, FPS, and 3PS communities.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-11-20 10:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i am still trying to figure out why he's popular lol shitty 1liners blue hair and good at a shooter enough these days ?
By Justuas 2018-11-20 10:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
i am still trying to figure out why he's popular lol shitty 1liners blue hair and good at a shooter enough these days ?
Maybe it's Fortnite too.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-20 10:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

He's popular because genZ is *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, we seriously need to drown them all before it's too late.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-11-20 10:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Ya I was like 13 to 14 doing hnm stuff so if he did any it wasn't much as I'm 29 almost 30 now so. Honestly I dont think this will change the game but I'm sure that video doesn't really help nasomi case as I'm sure se will shut it down.
So you were doing 15 year old content 16-17 years ago? Smells like ***.
Sorry I rewrote this after my google reset on my phone it's missing the word before. No need to get your panties in a bunch over a typo guy. Guess you perfect. :(
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-20 10:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Maybe it's Fortnite too.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-20 10:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »

So you were doing 15 year old content 16-17 years ago? Smells like ***.
Sorry I rewrote this after my google reset on my phone it's missing the word before. No need to get your panties in a bunch over a typo guy. Guess you perfect. :(
Just the tip tho.
 Cerberus.Logical
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2018-11-20 10:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
What is interesting is that FFXI seems to be common denominator for a lot of successful players in fighting game, FPS, and 3PS communities.

I have noticed this as well.

The fundamentals of classic FFXI were (i) teamwork-oriented, (ii) strategy-focused, and (iii) inundated with complex systems. As many others have mused, this effectively filtered out players who did not thrive in an environment heavy on the above three factors.

It is thus not surprising to me that such players went on to become titans and heavyhitters of other online games which have similar qualities. I have noted time and time again that, on the whole, FFXI players (even today) are, more often than not, highly analytical, intelligent, resourceful, communicative, competitive, and sometimes elitist. But again, I think that classic FFXI was the spawning pool of an elite sliver of the gaming population.
[+]
First Page 2 3