Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » bind/grav and INT
bind/grav and INT
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-09 05:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

just wondering if anyone knows for sure if int affects the potency, or duration of bind/grav like int/mnd modifies other debuffs ? and if not, does anything affect it, or is it random ? i know skill/int factor into the accuracy, only wondering about the duration of spell effect and what affects it.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-10-09 05:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Spell accuracy is most highly affected by Enfeebling Magic Skill, Magic Accuracy, and INT.

Some Notorious Monsters will build up a resistance to this spell if it is cast repeatedly on them. This resistance wears off over time.

The effect of Weight not only reduces movement speed, but lowers Evasion as well.

The amount of Evasion lowered is 10.

Copied from the wiki on Gravity. (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Gravity)

Spell accuracy is most highly affected by Enfeebling Magic Skill, Magic Accuracy, and INT.

Players under the effect can still move by equiping and unequiping a gear that will make you "phase" while moving to the desired direction.

If a player Warps or Teleports while bound, they will remain bound after zoning.

Copied from wiki on Bind (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Bind)

So in conclusion, INT only modifies the accuracy of both Bind and Gravity.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-09 06:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Only indirectly. When INT Is Less than or equal to the Enemy's INT Plus 10, 1INT on the player = 1MACC. When INT is Greater than the Enemy's INT Plus 10, 1INT = .5MACC. Or so conventional wisdom would hold. I certainly haven't done all the mathematical work, but these are what most players tend to abide by. INT has no direct impact on Potency. The work on the same resist level as Magic attacks, where a 1/2 resist would be Half time, and it gets worse from there.

Priority for these debuffs should be.
1.Skill
2.Skill
3.Skill
4.Skill
5.Skill
6.Magic Accuracy.**
7.INT

**A little clarification. 1Skill = 1Magic accuracy, so if the value's are equal on two pieces of equipment, it doesn't tend to matter which you choose. This is most of note on something like Goliard Clogs, so compare carefully. Generally Magic Accuracy isn't pervasive enough on equipment to merit a warning, however this is the most likely example you will come across.

***Ah yes, I almost forgot, when dealing with White Magic Enfeebles (Repose, ect) MND is substituted for INT in the Calculations, I believe this is the same with Bard Songs and CHR, though I'm not sure.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-09 06:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

think that pretty much answers my question zicdeh, thanks.