Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Pre-Perdu GA
Pre-Perdu GA
 Pandemonium.Sniggitt
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Sniggit
By Pandemonium.Sniggitt 2009-10-08 21:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I need help deciding which GA to use until I'm able to obtain a Perdu Voulge. I'm mainly torn between Berserker's axe and Martial Bhuj, but any other suggestions are appreciated.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-08 21:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Aug a Erlking's Kheten, Byakko's axe is also ok, but Erlking's not only gets auto 94 DMG~, and some other stats, mainly STR ATK and DA+. Makes it handily beat Berserker's, Bhuj is a whole different setup though, mainly Steel Cyclone.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-08 21:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial Bhuj is the best GA in the game, for endgame purposes. Even better than Bravura. Get that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kenage
Server: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-10-08 22:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Martial Bhuj is the best GA in the game, for endgame purposes. Even better than Bravura. Get that.
No not even close, actually Byakko may overcome Martial for End Game, Warrior and Samurai works in different ways.

Byakko is a great PH until Perdu, but could be hard to get if it has some point cost in your sky LS, you can always pick up a 4th division Toporok que normaly outdamage Berserkers (unless you have rajas, or another consistent source of Store TP +5) and is dirty cheap.

As Rumaha sugested Erlking's Kheten is a nice option too ( normaly better than toporok )

I hope ti helps.

Ken.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-08 22:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenage said:
Enternius said:
No not even close, actually Byakko may overcome Martial for End Game, Warrior and Samurai works in different ways.

Byakko is a great PH until Perdu, but could be hard to get if it has some point cost in your sky LS, you can always pick up a 4th division Toporok que normaly outdamage Berserkers (unless you have rajas, or another consistent source of Store TP +5) and is dirty cheap.

As Rumaha sugested Erlking's Kheten is a nice option too ( normaly better than toporok )

I hope ti helps.

Ken.

I got low end Aug's, Dmg+3 Str+4, 94 Dmg +4 str, making it better then Byakko's imo, same dmg, 4 Str > 5 atk and wind, I've seen 6 Dmg 5 Str and 2%DA+, I*** my pants. The minimum is in fact +3 Dmg, so it can be very very good as well as cheap(like 25k on my server).
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-08 22:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fortitude!!! Seroiously you ever see a 8 hit RR?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-08 22:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

Would be great if Fortitude Axe's multiple hits could actually activate on WS.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-08 22:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Dasva said:

Um it does hence my statement about a 8 hit RR. Sea weapons break the multiattack weapon rules.

Edit: nvm wiki changed used to say you could... still can get procs on double attack hits though
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-08 22:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenage said:
Enternius said:

I hope ti helps.

Ken.

This thread will explain exactly how wrong you are.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-08 22:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Enternius said:
Dasva said:

Um it does hence my statement about a 8 hit RR. Sea weapons break the multiattack weapon rules

Wikipedia said:
Virtue stone equipped

* This item is enhanced by the use of appropriate Charged Ammunition.
* Each hit from the "Occasionally attacks twice" effect counts as individual weapon hits, meaning Double Attack from equipment (Brutal Earring, etc.) and job traits can activate on both swings.
* This weapon's effect cannot activate on a Weapon Skill.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-08 22:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah yeah I editted. You can still get a couple extra though. And I heard somewhre 2hand can double attack twice on ws... so can still theoretically get 8 hits?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-08 22:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get 7 hits, max. Unless you're on DRK and using Homam body and a GA and Forget it. 7 hits is max with Raging Rush because DRK can't use it. And even so, any GA will be able to hit 7 hits with Raging Rush with some luck. Fortitude doesn't up the chances.

The reason Fortitude Axe is good is because you're constantly spamming WSs, but even at that point, Steel Cyclone spam would be better than Raging Rush spam.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-08 23:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Using SC at 100tp with Bhuj would give a 15% increase on ws damage. Perdu, with its latent base damage has nearly 10% better dot (not counting the acc and att). I would say 5 acc and 10 att could most likely close the gap a bit more.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-08 23:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

True but this is a thread about pre-perdu Lol.
 Bismarck.Kenage
Server: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-10-09 10:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Kenage said:
Enternius said:

I hope ti helps.

Ken.

This thread will explain exactly how wrong you are.
Sorry pal, no real math, just speculation, people there are totally disregarding DoT ( perdu's strong point ) and only considering WS damage ( which is martial strong point ), sorry I'm not wrong you just don't know where to look, not to mention that the thread is horrible outdated and ppl there are still debating the use of SA for EndGame which fails by itself alone.

But don't believe me please, do the math yourself:

This for WS:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Weapon_Skill_Damage
This for DoT:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Physical_Damage

And let us know ( with probes ) how wrong we are.

Have a nice day ^^

Ken.

Edit: OMG ppl stop speculating and learn how this game works, half of the advice of in this thread is blatantly wrong, first Sea weapons don't proc in the WS, Martial doesn't add 15% damage to the WS but modify the fTP multiplier by adding 100 to the tp value ( like changing it from 1.50 to 1.75 if you are @100tp ) which makes the best of Martial to fire it right at 100tp or otherwise you are just combining 2 weapons skill damage in to one ( aka firing 200tp means going from 1.7 to 3 and 3 is the double of 1.5 which is the original value at 100tp )
[+]
 Pandemonium.Sniggitt
Server: Pandemonium
user: Sniggit
By Pandemonium.Sniggitt 2009-10-09 20:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have sky access yet, so byakko's isn't an option at the moment. I currently use a Fourth Division Toporok.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-10-11 10:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I don't have sky access yet, so byakko's isn't an option at the moment. I currently use a Fourth Division Toporok.

go for a Kheten, can easily beat out Byakko's Axe with certain augments

i carry around my
Perdu gaxe (high lv HNMs where the acc comes into play in WS)
Fortitude axe (zerg axe)
Erlkings kheten (dmg+6 att+6 da+2)(meripo/low lv NMs)

and for the lol days when i want to dw
Maneater
Iron Ram Pick
Joyeuse

and of course just in case
Engetsuto
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 11:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sniggitt said:

if you don't have sky access, then you probably don't have sea access.

Which means you don't have Rajas.

Which means being a 6 hit WAR or 5 hit WAR/SAM is pointless.

Which means that no matter how you try, those with sky/sea access will outdamage you over time and over weaponskills.

I would work on sky/sea if I were you to be honest.

Go for Hectacomb and Adaman ***when you can.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-11 13:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenage said:
Edit: OMG ppl stop speculating and learn how this game works, half of the advice of in this thread is blatantly wrong, first Sea weapons don't proc in the WS, Martial doesn't add 15% damage to the WS but modify the fTP multiplier by adding 100 to the tp value ( like changing it from 1.50 to 1.75 if you are @100tp ) which makes the best of Martial to fire it right at 100tp or otherwise you are just combining 2 weapons skill damage in to one ( aka firing 200tp means going from 1.7 to 3 and 3 is the double of 1.5 which is the original value at 100tp )

If you go from 1.5 to 1.75 thats not 15%?(surely its not, its actually 16.67%). As you said ftp is a multiplier to the base damage, and as so, if its increased by x% then the ws damage is increase by x%. I guess i didnt make it clear before...

And going with the topic: yeah Kheten seems the way to go pre-perdu. I'd say if you are lucky enough you wont even have much reason to spend ISP with perdu. But yeah Korpg made a point there lol.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-11 13:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Sniggitt said:

if you don't have sky access, then you probably don't have sea access.

Which means you don't have Rajas.

Which means being a 6 hit WAR or 5 hit WAR/SAM is pointless.

Which means that no matter how you try, those with sky/sea access will outdamage you over time and over weaponskills.

I would work on sky/sea if I were you to be honest.

Go for Hectacomb and Adaman ***when you can.

Naturally all weapons (other than 528 delay scythes) are 7+ hits.

A 501 GA is a 8 hit without any sTP.

7 hit is the aim of all 2 handed DD while /not-sam. 6 hit is the aim of all 2 handed DD while /sam.

For a 504 GA (most of the goods ones)
7 Hit = 5sTP (while landing 2 hits of the WS)
6 Hit = 20sTP (while landing 3 hits of the WS)

Rose strap + Ecp Ring = 5 sTP.
/SAM = 15sTP.

Woot a 6/7hit WAR without rajas.

BTW a 5 hit WAR is not practical.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2009-10-11 13:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

As a career warrior I can tell you pre-perdu go out and splurge on a martial bhuj. Steel cyclone is a great ws, i'm not quite sure why people knock it. Just make sure you are stacking str and vit and you are good. TBH I also was putting up huge numbers with raging rush using martial bhuj, much more than I did with lolyakko axe. Martial Bhuj is also great for spike damage, very useful on mobs where you may be running in ws'ing, and gtfo. Good luck, and hope you aren't noobing up warrior with /nin.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-10-11 13:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Harpunnik said:
As a career warrior I can tell you pre-perdu go out and splurge on a martial bhuj. Steel cyclone is a great ws, i'm not quite sure why people knock it. Just make sure you are stacking str and vit and you are good. TBH I also was putting up huge numbers with raging rush using martial bhuj, much more than I did with lolyakko axe. Martial Bhuj is also great for spike damage, very useful on mobs where you may be running in ws'ing, and gtfo. Good luck, and hope you aren't noobing up warrior with /nin.

SC is a one hit WS. Have fun with that 6/7 hit.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-11 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

most hits raging rush can do with double attack is 5
with triple attack its 7 but drk with homam body is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

if you cant get perdu yet, use fortitude axe, martial bhuj won't compare at all

just make sure u go /sam and get a 6 hit setup

war/sam isnt so bad on mp if people know how to use seigan but most people just fail

if you use steel cycle don't stack vit on it like that nublet said earlier
str and attack go
[+]