Forum » Windower » Support » Autoexec help
Autoexec help
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-10-21 12:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to have autoexec react to party chat and perform a command based on party chat text?

Example debuff removals: erase in party chat will have a specified whm cast erase on the person who typed erase in party chat?

Thanks.
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-10-21 14:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be amazing
 Cerberus.Marci
Server: Cerberus
user: Renebro
By Cerberus.Marci 2018-10-21 15:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Partially.

You can set your whm to cast spells via autoexec if a person with a fixed name says a trigger. I am not sure if you can set it to a variable though. I have not worked with autoexec in years and doubt many people still use it.

The command you are looking for will probably look something like this:

chat_<mode>_<name>_<msg>
Modes are: say, shout, party, linkshell, tell, emote
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-21 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd just have to make a trigger for every single command and every single character that could potentially trigger those commands.

For the spell erase:

<register silent="true" event="chat_party_Lockfort_er">input /ma "Erase" Lockfort</register>

That's just for one character. It triggers when 'er' is detected in /p chat and will cast erase on that char. To make more is as simple as copy pasting and changing the name to whatever other character is allowed to trigger this. Or even changing the trigger text and reaction to another spell like paralyna.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-21 15:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... that's just a bot. tbh. whm bots already do that.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-21 18:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

back when fface was a thing, Ultimatehealer bot did that with all buffs and debuffs. Was nice.
 Bismarck.Oppa
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-10-22 09:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
You'd just have to make a trigger for every single command and every single character that could potentially trigger those commands.

For the spell erase:

<register silent="true" event="chat_party_Lockfort_er">input /ma "Erase" Lockfort</register>

That's just for one character. It triggers when 'er' is detected in /p chat and will cast erase on that char. To make more is as simple as copy pasting and changing the name to whatever other character is allowed to trigger this. Or even changing the trigger text and reaction to another spell like paralyna.

I have tried this and when multi-boxing any job that is subbed whm will try to erase as well. Not such a huge issue, but I'd rather have input going to one character via autoexec.

I'm aware that heal bots will remove debuffs, not what I asked.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-10-23 06:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i had to make a different autoexec for every character, based around their job combos, and what not. i even had went as far as making job specific autoexecs for characters, that load in whenever i job change, via the 'autoexec.xml' doc in the AE folder. i mean, if you're gonna go, then why not whip your *** out, go balls deep and go as hard as needed to get what you want done? in the end, you're only gonna go as far as you feel like building anyway. Might as well make it fancy and awesome.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-10-23 06:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<!--  basic commands -->
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_voke">input /ra <bt></register> 
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_Neyochimaru_follow">input /follow neyochimaru</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_Neyochimaru_ast">input /assist neyochimaru</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_Neyochimaru_atk">input /attack</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_heal">input /heal</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_join">input /join <me></register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_pleave">input /pcmd leave</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_aleave">input /acmd leave</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_breakup">input /pcmd breakup</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_reso">input /ws "Resolution" <bt></register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_pleader">input /pcmd leader neyochimaru</register>
<register silent="true" event="chat_party_neyochimaru_aleader">input /acmd leader neyochimaru</register>
<!--  late updates etc.. -->
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-10-23 06:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd imagine you could build from that. or at least be able to figure it out from there. i'm a dumbass and i did. ^^
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-10-23 06:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Either that, or get good at //send
 Bismarck.Oppa
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-10-23 08:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, this is basically what I have now. Was just wondering if autoexec was capable of specifically reacting to different individuals without having to individually making a command for each person and each action.

I wonder if the react addon could perform this.
By zaxtiss 2018-10-23 10:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

so far as i know you can have the react addon run scripts that would do it but at that point imo its the same as autoexec