users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Omen Card Droprates
Omen Card Droprates
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-18 14:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else been experiencing more favorable rates for cards in omen since the patch? This is double-light campaign right now, but has nothing about drop rate increase but here are the numbers from my last 3 omen runs:

Run 1: 4 cards, 3 objectives missed
Run 2: 4 cards, 8 objectives missed
Run 3: 5 cards, 7 objectives missed

I don't think I've ever seen 5 cards, even if I've completed all objectives, but last night I got one with 7 objectives missed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 14:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It was luck from a random fodder. I can't recall specifically if I've gotten 5 (I think I may have long time ago) because I do so many runs and don't really check my cards until the end. But generally, you'll get 3 cards for completing objectives (depending on how many you hit), 1 for clearing floor 5 main objective (like killing 52 sweetwater). You can randomly get a lucky card after killing sweetwaters/trans, which have nothing to do with objectives, but only on floor 5. Perhaps it is a cumulative bonus based on how many floor5 objectives you hit, but I've no idea, but I know i've gotten it. I have cleared 100% of objectives also, and still only got 4, and I've missed 6+ or so for a full run, and gotten 3-4 cards. I don't believe they increased anything. Drop is still trash and way lower than it ordinarily should be.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-18 14:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cards in Omen work something like this. My explanation is just for the sake of example, it's not entirely correct.
There are three separate cards "counters"

1) Main Objectives
2) Seondary Objectives
3) 4th floor (Ou path) monsters

Each time you complete an objective or kil a monster (see number 3) you get a certain amount of hidden "points" that go into a hidden counter.
Once this counter reaches a certain value, say 100, you get a card.

These counters stay from one run to another.
For example you could do a run and end at 99 points, just before you can get a card. Next run on the first objective you do, you'll get a card.

Points for killing stuff are awarded only from the monsters on floor 4th (Ou path). No other normal mob in the zone gives points.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-18 14:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Double lights yield more cards. So the hidden counter is probably linked to lights.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-18 15:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It was luck from a random fodder. I can't recall specifically if I've gotten 5 (I think I may have long time ago) because I do so many runs and don't really check my cards until the end. But generally, you'll get 3 cards for completing objectives (depending on how many you hit), 1 for clearing floor 5 main objective (like killing 52 sweetwater). You can randomly get a lucky card after killing sweetwaters/trans, which have nothing to do with objectives, but only on floor 5. Perhaps it is a cumulative bonus based on how many floor5 objectives you hit, but I've no idea, but I know i've gotten it. I have cleared 100% of objectives also, and still only got 4, and I've missed 6+ or so for a full run, and gotten 3-4 cards. I don't believe they increased anything. Drop is still trash and way lower than it ordinarily should be.

Yes, thats kind of how I normally see it.

My five card run went like this.
2 from random objectives
1 drop from random mob on 3rd floor (Ou path)
2 from completing floor objective on 3rd floor.

This was the weird one for me. I've never seen 2 card drop on 3rd floor outside of campaign before. Didn't even know it was possible.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
Double lights yield more cards. So the hidden counter is probably linked to lights.
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
2 from completing floor objective on 3rd floor.

Both of these can't be true, then. There are no "lights" on Ou floor (you call it 3, I consider it floor 5).

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I've never seen 2 card drop on 3rd floor outside of campaign before. Didn't even know it was possible.

I have. Have gotten 2-3 cards from just objective farming, and then once i hit last objective (floor), 2 dropped in pool. It's rare, and most of the time the cards are spaced out (you get one on fodder, one on floor finish), but sometimes the stars align just right and you get 2 for finishing your last floor objective. Have only seen this on Ou floor, and I have never witnessed receiving an extra card on any normal boss runs. The double lights campaign is strictly for treasure boxes, has zero to do with cards at all. Otherwise, I should be rolling in 4s and 5s regularly and never see 3s.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-10-18 15:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't really distinguished if you can get cards from random enemies or not yet - but I think maybe people who are seeing that are just capping out their counter on the 3rd floor.

I've only done a few runs solo, but have got 4 cards each time, clearing most of floors 1 and 2 (sometimes clearing all if needed), and clearing floor 3 100% - getting most of the objectives done each time.

The ones I struggle with are the ones based on high damage numbers, such as 15000 magic w/out magic burst, 30000 WS, etc... 3x magic bursts are also a pain solo BLU, because of Burst Affinity recast, limited mobs with the HP to withstand a SC, trusts messing up SCs, and enemies randomly stunning you mid-SC... not a lot of room for error.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-18 15:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I was just due for rng then.

I've only ever seen a 5 card run once on a run where all objectives were met. I just take my brother's char out for songs periodically and expect to get 3 cards with the very occasional 4.

I'll take it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 15:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
The ones I struggle with are the ones based on high damage numbers, such as 15000 magic w/out magic burst, 30000 WS, etc... 3x magic bursts are also a pain solo BLU, because of Burst Affinity recast, limited mobs with the HP to withstand a SC, trusts messing up SCs, and enemies randomly stunning you mid-SC... not a lot of room for error.

BLU is the last job that should have issues with MB or Magical Objectives, but you can cheese one of them.

For MBx3, you don't need to rely on BA. Let your Trsts cheese it for you. Summon shantotto II and start a weak/cheap Flat/Fast/Red Lotus whatever WS and do CA > something to close that makes a SC. Shantotto will burst at least 2x off of it, and if you test it before entering, you can nuke for the third MB. If you do fusion or a light, KoH + Shantotto will clear that objective for you in one skillchain. Very easy one to clear, even non magic users can do it.

BA nuke should really be used on 15k+30k MB, but iirc, BLU is unique in that it can clear the 15k damage spell nuke by using a Blue magic spell to create a closing skillchain. Because the skillchain is closed from a spell (like sinker drill), the subsequent skillchain damage is counted as a "nuke", and it will clear the objective for you. I found this out once playing around doing self-SC in Omen on blue. As long as it deals 15k damage before it kills the monster, you can clear the monster with a blue spell skillchain.

30k WS can be cheesed by using dia3, defense down, 3k tp, and praying for a really good savage blade. MB might be a little tricky if you hit the monster too hard or kill it too fast.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 15:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing with card solo: kill every monster. Swarts can drop from any.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-18 15:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't really distinguished if you can get cards from random enemies or not yet
You can, from floor 4 only though.
It's been said already.
Cards do not drop directly from monsters.
Rather killing monsters on that floor gives you "points". After the "points" pass a certain threshold the counter resets and starts again, and you get a card.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-18 15:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Run1 (2 failed objs) => 11 cards (me), 10 cards (friend)
Run2 (1 failed obj) => 11 cards (me) 12 cards (friend)

Sometimes you see 3 cards drop at the same time, it's so awesome <3

Pretty sure double lights effect cards that’s how people got to 12 cards last campaign with double cards and double lights.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 16:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Refer back to the invisible counter sechs mentioned. Those were from card campaigns and the last one was enhanced more than the first iteration. The description for the campaign never mentioned increased chance of cards for double lights campaign. Since the difference between that guys cards and his friend is one card, one could assume the extra card came from entering with progress towards that counter from a previous run, where the other player didn't have that progress accrued
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-18 16:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
Pretty sure double lights effect cards that’s how people got to 12 cards last campaign with double cards and double lights.
I was just talking about the "default" system of how Omen works.
About how the different campaigns affect it, I'm not so sure :x
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-10-18 17:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this doesn't address the topic directly but ever since astral detritus was introduced I don't even care how many cards I get. Omen is always worth soloing if you aren't saving canteens for boss runs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-18 18:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy two mil+ every run... just keep inflation burning strong
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 19:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing how this simple concept continues to blow people's minds. I've farmed a full stack simply off of nightly Omen alone. While getting wave 3 clears.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-19 09:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Been cleaving for astral detritus and experiencing the same things as OP. I have not been focusing on objectives at all. Just roundup and aoe down, floor up, repeat. Got 4 cards a few times while not meeting most, if not all, of objective (just spamming aeolian).

I haven't touched omen for a few weeks prior, mostly due to how boring card farming is. But when I did farm before this campaign, meeting 90% or even all of the objectives mostly gave 4 cards, sometimes even 3 on a farming route.

Off topic, but if you're farming for astral, I get 7~8 per run while cleaving. TH4 is applied to every mob.
By SimonSes 2018-10-19 11:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

BLU is the last job that should have issues with MB or Magical Objectives, but you can cheese one of them.

For MBx3, you don't need to rely on BA. Let your Trsts cheese it for you. Summon shantotto II and start a weak/cheap Flat/Fast/Red Lotus whatever WS and do CA > something to close that makes a SC. Shantotto will burst at least 2x off of it, and if you test it before entering, you can nuke for the third MB. If you do fusion or a light, KoH + Shantotto will clear that objective for you in one skillchain. Very easy one to clear, even non magic users can do it.

BA nuke should really be used on 15k+30k MB, but iirc, BLU is unique in that it can clear the 15k damage spell nuke by using a Blue magic spell to create a closing skillchain. Because the skillchain is closed from a spell (like sinker drill), the subsequent skillchain damage is counted as a "nuke", and it will clear the objective for you. I found this out once playing around doing self-SC in Omen on blue. As long as it deals 15k damage before it kills the monster, you can clear the monster with a blue spell skillchain.

30k WS can be cheesed by using dia3, defense down, 3k tp, and praying for a really good savage blade. MB might be a little tricky if you hit the monster too hard or kill it too fast.

If im not mistaken I can do 15k nuke without BA. I can also do 15k Sinker Drill if I do it on the target weak to pircing and with 2-3k tp CA/Efflux, but your way by just doing it with SC is much easier.

Now to just follow your tip with Savage Blade I would just add Nature's Meditation for attack buff. Also remember that while many BLU spells has def down, the spell that probably should be used is Tourbillion. It has the highest def down potency. So if anyone is constantly at the edge of 30k and dont have that spell, it might be worth learning it.