Forum » FFXI » General » Skills in status screen
Skills in status screen
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-13 12:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really paid much attention to the skills listed in the status menu until recently checking my parry skill with Lionheart. I see parry at over 700 which I presume is from the additional skill from the sword. However other skills such as great sword skill are still only around the mid 400 range, not too far above the skill cap listed on the Bg wiki pages. Can someone clue me in on how skill values from gear are factored in? And what are the mechanics behind total skill when dual wielding weapons that have skill on each weapon?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-10-13 14:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Combat skill+ from ilvl weps doesn't show in the menu. Parrying skill being the weird exception. The shield skill on ilvl shields also shows.

As for dualwielding, the wep skill+ on each weap is only going to apply to the hand it's equipped in. If you use check param you'll notice that there's primary acc/atk and auxillary acc/atk. these being main hand and offhand.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-13 14:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Guard shows as well. Combat and magic acc skills from weapons only apply to that weapon, so you can use trilling in offhand for ranger trueflight
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-14 04:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!