What Kind Of FFXI Youtube Content Interests You?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » What kind of FFXI Youtube content interests you?
What kind of FFXI Youtube content interests you?
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-09 16:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of Final Fantasy XI content do you like to see in youtube videos?
Do you like game animated short stories?
Game guides?
Live Streams?
People playing the game?
Step by Step guides on battles?
Upcoming news and updates?

If you were to watch a weekly video on this 16 year old game what would peak your interest the most?
[+]
By Draylo 2018-10-09 17:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually playing the game.

I just recently have looked at FFXI in youtube and it tries to auto-correct to FFXIV in the search. It's such a shame that there is nothing even recent for FFXI for content, its all from 1+ years ago and always "I PLAYED FFXI IN 2017" or some mundane crap where an idiot spouts really bad information to people who might consider returning.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-09 18:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually? Guides with useful comments.

This is how you fight this.

Recommended party setup is XX. However, you can replace XX with XX.

Avoid this move.

Take care to run away from this.

This move does XX so XX is recommended.

Minimum you should have XX but XX is preferred.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 18:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »

Avoid this move.

Sorry, but this does more harm than good. half the reason ambuscade gets completely ruined on day one is rua posts a party set up and everyone is *** after that.

It cant be avoided... but still it's better off not done.

Anytime you post a video of doing "thing" it becomes the automatic default. At this point this is mostly only relevant to New(*) content.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-09 18:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any FFXI Youtube content other than Ruau?

Oh and I guess Huntin4Games or whatever, who called THF one of the worst jobs in modern FFXI, making him irrelevant.
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-09 18:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am gathering information to come up with content that the community would like to see.
I had plans on guides and how to's, but like previously stated there is more than one way to eat a cookie, so different tactics will need to be shown. Thanks for the input so far.

Also I would like for the videos to allow for users to collaborate their information to build better guides to make the game enjoyable for everyone.
By Draylo 2018-10-09 18:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Oh and I guess Huntin4Games or whatever, who called THF one of the worst jobs in modern FFXI, making him irrelevant.

Really nothing to be honest. A few people post some videos but sadly they never get many views which makes people feel like its a waste of time. I actually enjoy watching FFXI videos and try to support people who do them but I understand why most wouldn't put any up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 18:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Was about to say theres this one guy that posts "interesting" things about ffxi. Then realized its H4G lol.
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-09 18:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think his videos H4G) are great for people who are attempting to come back to the game or for people who used to play the game.
By Tosic 2018-10-09 19:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently got back into making some ffxi youtube stuff. Hit 100 subs recently and made a parody music video you may enjoy;

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-09 19:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting video lol. Love parodies.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-09 19:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »

Avoid this move.

Sorry, but this does more harm than good. half the reason ambuscade gets completely ruined on day one is rua posts a party set up and everyone is *** after that.

Anytime you post a video of doing "thing" it becomes the automatic default. At this point this is mostly only relevant to New(*) content.

It's not that people want to follow him. He is simply the only one posting it.

Perhaps you could post it differently and show people a different method.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 19:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way to stop people from following him is to have him stop doing it.

It's not benefiting people, it's detrimental.

Want to be helpful, do it with the worst possible setup and let people improve it from there.

"we did it with the best possible set up, you have to do it this way" < "we did it with the worst possible set up, any strat will work, don't think you're forced to use mswar zerg with 4 cors"
By Afania 2018-10-09 19:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
People actually playing the game.

I just recently have looked at FFXI in youtube and it tries to auto-correct to FFXIV in the search. It's such a shame that there is nothing even recent for FFXI for content, its all from 1+ years ago and always "I PLAYED FFXI IN 2017" or some mundane crap where an idiot spouts really bad information to people who might consider returning.

Draylo, post more kick *** BLU solo vid please!!!!

This is my favorite type of YouTube video: push the limit of their favorite job to the max <3.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-10-09 19:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Avesta solo videos, SE even watched them and named gloves after him.

*grabs popcorn*
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-09 20:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it how you think I'm some kind of maniacal mastermind or some puppetmaster (well, I am that technically) who can control people's minds with a simple video like something out of George Orwell.

I'll make the next Ambuscade video special.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 20:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like the people you think you're helping don't understand the difference between "A" Working strat, and "The only" Working strat.

The literal second you post a video *** and the shoutmasses are instantly copying your video.
By Afania 2018-10-09 20:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I copy his video all the time too and don't understand what's wrong with that.

Its a game and the point is to get things done, we don't get promotion nor extra pay for being unique.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-09 20:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like the people you think you're helping don't understand the difference between "A" Working strat, and "The only" Working strat.

The literal second you post a video *** and the shoutmasses are instantly copying your video.

You must have the most interesting internal dialogue.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 20:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Its a game and the point is to get things done, we don't get promotion nor extra pay for being unique.

You indeed don't get bonus points or style points but theres also 18 jobs that get excluded right off the rip when you do that.

*** may as well just delete them. They might be able to competently balance 4 jobs since they can't do it with 22.

If you want to copy his video for VD its whatever. You want to do it the fastest possible way, great go for it. The problem is the people doing normal copying the video. It's *** dumb.
By Afania 2018-10-09 20:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You indeed don't get bonus points or style points but theres also 18 jobs that get excluded right off the rip when you do that.

*** may as well just delete them.

I generally pick people over jobs anyways, but if we have jobs that matches the video I'm going to use that unless I have a good reason to believe alternative setup is way better.

What you described is a thing mostly because on a 2000 people server you can stand in town, set job/gear level to anything, and still get tell. Being picky about jobs is not an option on every other server.

Wouldn't say it's videos fault, just people being picky because they can.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-10-09 20:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Having someone say each month "this is the only working setup" might actually be good. It forces people who only play 1 job/role to become more flexible. Then, those people who rise up to the challenge might end up becoming flexible enough that now they just happen to have a few jobs that a recruiting linkshells are looking for.

Does this always happen? Probably not, and that's not my point. The point is that anyone who wants to argue can make up scenarios and argue their point.

Eiryl, if you wanna argue that the youtube vids are damaging, take a player survey of their ambuscade habits, and back your opinion with the findings the scientific way. Just saying "it's bad" is moot. If you don't want to go the scientific way, then just thank the guy actually contributing to the community, and move on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-09 21:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, I happen to find some of Rua's tutorials pretty interesting and good. Well created and informative. Spicy's made some really good videos on how to kill certain bosses and lowman strats in the past.

To be completely honest, though, FFXI should have had a Youtube Presence/Podcast something like 5-8 years ago. I remember talking to my brother about the idea of having a monthly show (Kind of like how the FGC has "Wakeup Shoryuken") where people from the community are invited on to the discussions and such. Talk about updates, things in the game, etc.

I don't really watch "other people playing the game" like live streams, those are always boring to me. I need to see something interesting, like new or quirky strats to get something done, unconventional setups, if you will. Just something to make you say "Oh wow, that's pretty cool, i should try that".

Rua was on the right track when he did his Solo Neak video, and Spicy did something similar when he did his solo SR/Vira'va vid. I wish more videos like that were made.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-09 21:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Having someone say each month "this is the only working setup" might actually be good. It forces people who only play 1 job/role to become more flexible.

I only have other jobs for this reason. Yorcia Delve with THF as your only job was lol.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-10-09 23:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

*** may as well just delete them. They might be able to competently balance 4 jobs since they can't do it with 22.

If you want to copy his video for VD its whatever. You want to do it the fastest possible way, great go for it. The problem is the people doing normal copying the video. It's *** dumb.

Here is where it's obvious you're arguing just to argue. The general consensus on Ambuscade is that it lets different jobs shine every month. It's THE event where having multiple battle ready jobs is profitable. Yet here you are saying they might as well delete 18 jobs because of some youtube ambuscade videos. All your arguments are based on mental gymnastics and made-up facts. If you wanna say the youtube vids are making 18 jobs irrelevant, science it up and conduct a study. Show us proof, otherwise preface all your arguments with IMO and be WAY more humble since you have nothing to back anything you ever say.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-09 23:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to be helpful, do it with the worst possible setup and let people improve it from there.

"we did it with the best possible set up, you have to do it this way" < "we did it with the worst possible set up, any strat will work, don't think you're forced to use mswar zerg with 4 cors"

That's so informative that you should post a how to video that tells people not to watch how to video.

If you don't like his strategy, post a different one.
[+]
By volkom 2018-10-09 23:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i loved this guy's entire nm series

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-10-09 23:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerg's or power creeps on stuff that used to be hard.
 Ragnarok.Jiing
Server: Ragnarok
user: F0urty2
By Ragnarok.Jiing 2018-10-10 00:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko,pay no mind to him,he is the only reason i wish we still had the ability to rate down posts.it seems he just needs reasons to be pissy to people and will search damned hard to find them.
only real beef he actually has is that your strats sometimes will not work for jobs on his mules. not a reason to constantly insult and try to gaude others into doing the foot work for him.
many appriciat your vids.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-10 00:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Genoside said: »
What kind of Final Fantasy XI content do you like to see in youtube videos?
Do you like game animated short stories?
Game guides?
Live Streams?
People playing the game?
Step by Step guides on battles?
Upcoming news and updates?

If you were to watch a weekly video on this 16 year old game what would peak your interest the most?

To be honest, I find most FFXI videos to be pretty fun and interesting to watch. Be it demonstrations, tutorials, feats, and/or live streams. As long as the person making the content isn't boring to listen to/watch and has a decnt music selection to boot I can sit back and watch whatever it is.

Draylo said: »
A few people post some videos but sadly they never get many views which makes people feel like its a waste of time.

That's the thing though, the game is 16 years old at this point. The actual community watching is going to be fairly niche. But ultimately, someone taking the time to make content (whether for views or just because they enjoy doing it) is at the very least a step more than those who are liekly doing the same exact content, but see no point in actually recording it.
First Page 2 3