Strange Augments...?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Strange augments...?
Strange augments...?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-10-01 12:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been augmenting another character's gear the last couple days and have noticed some strange augments coming from fern/taupe/pellucid stones. It's all been on Herculean gear, not sure if I'm imagining things or something has changed.

Using pellucid/taupe on feet/legs I was able to get double attack under magic path. I thought you could only get triple attack?

Also using fern stones under ranged path, I was able to get both accuracy and ranged accuracy on feet. Wiki shows that this augment can't be obtained so am I losing my mind here?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-01 12:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments are random, literally random.

Even when you specifically pick "ranged" you can still get a "pet" aug. It's *** dumb, but that's what it is.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-01 12:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Double attack on the magic path is perfectly normal.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-01 12:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Using pellucid/taupe on feet/legs I was able to get double attack under magic path. I thought you could only get triple attack?

You can get DA but it's an off-path, like how you can get Damage Taken-% on any stone, on any path. I've seen DA + magical augments on Herculean when trying for Blade:Chi pieces mab/wsd, so it's possible, albeit rare. The augments aren't strange, just unlikely.

TA is the augment for "Melee" path, which also includes WSD, STP, and others. Some pieces of gear have other off-path augments as well, but I don't know if wiki actually lists those because they are so rare and inconsistent, it would be hell trying to find the cap on all of them. Kind of the same logic behind DM augments, to a certain extent.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-01 12:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DA is actually on path for magic Herculean.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-10-01 12:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, I'm sitting here looking at all these oddball augments thinking I'm losing my mind.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-01 12:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know that. Not sure if there's a piece of gear you'd want da+magic instead of just wsd+magic, though