Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » SMN, Blu and Cor Lua
SMN, Blu and Cor Lua
By lhova 2018-09-11 09:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello does anyone have good Lua I can copy for my Blu, Smn and Cor. I know that I probably won’t have all your gear but I’m assuming I can search the Lua, put my gear in and then when I get better gear update. I also use a controller so trying to figure out the best way to macro the Lua functions. I’m assuming if I make a macro for the action (CDC for example or a roll, Flaming crush, etc) the Lua will automatically do the pre, mid and end casts. Thank you for any help!
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-11 09:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Selindrile/GearSwap
By lhova 2018-09-11 10:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m trying to save the Lua file in the data folder under gearseap and it’s telling me I don’t have permission, I don’t get it
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-09-11 10:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

copy paste works just fine.
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-11 10:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't install Windower in Program Files
By lhova 2018-09-11 10:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oppa said: »
copy paste works just fine.
What do you mean? I copied the lua and then pasted it in notepad++ then I tried to save the file as a Lua inside the gear swap data folder and it says i don’t have access and to contact the administrator. On my computer I have administrator access so not sure what it’s referring to.
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-09-11 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh it's problem on your side, try saving the lua to your desktop and manually moving it to your gearswap location.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-09-11 10:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've got it set up in your Program Files directory, then it's common for Windows to ask for admin permission to save/change things in there. Still should be able to, just might need to click a prompt. Tends to be a bit more convenient to put it elsewhere though.

Regarding macros, for basic actions, you should only need to macro the action itself. Even then, if it'd be easier to just go from the menu, that works too. That's one of the big draws of using Gearswap (or Ashitacast) - you can initiate actions however is most convenient and your gear still gets used.

Where you may need to plan things out a bit is toggling states, like using regular TP gear or Hybrid. It's fairly common to see things like that bound to function keys, though I imagine you could bind them to gamepad buttons instead.
By lhova 2018-09-11 10:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it’s weird saying I don’t have administrator abilities and would I like to save it under a local file. I’m the only user on my computer and I am an administrator.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-09-11 10:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If, as mentioned, you save it elsewhere then move it into the directory then it should give you a prompt to okay it. Notepad++ just might not be able to do it (or maybe can be run in Admin mode to allow for it).
By lhova 2018-09-11 14:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the files added into the folder but how can I check to see if it’s done correctly? When I copy and pasted the Lua I copied everything. Not sure if the header where it says you shouldn’t change the basic, should’ve been left in there or edit d out.
By lhova 2018-09-11 14:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

THIs is the error I’m getting.

Runtime error 349 gear swap/follow 349 and something about get sets. I tried to paste a picture of the error but don’t know how to do it on here. Now sure if the error is that I don’t have some of the gear but I don’t think the Lua from the link I got in the forum had any gear in there.
By lhova 2018-09-11 14:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually all of The gear swap is getting runtime errors
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-09-11 14:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have the folder with your character name and gearset luas in it? Kinda sounds like it's looking for that and not finding it.

It's not a requirement for GS in general, but it's how those the files linked to are set up.
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-09-11 15:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's looking for the "('Sel-Include.lua')" that you probably don't have.

If you want to get a good Gearswap I would recommend looking around yourself, look at each jobs forum and see anyone sharing their .lua.

e.g this corsair lua posted inside of the Corsair forum on this site... It walks you through what files are required, and commands you can use.
 Odin.Kealoha
Server: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-09-11 16:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you press the insert key, which is the default console key, it’ll give you the last windower message or error. That should tell you where the error lies.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-09-14 09:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
THIs is the error I’m getting.

Runtime error 349 gear swap/follow 349 and something about get sets. I tried to paste a picture of the error but don’t know how to do it on here. Now sure if the error is that I don’t have some of the gear but I don’t think the Lua from the link I got in the forum had any gear in there.

Most likely is like you said is looking for a set that you have not defined yet.

Of all the luas out there that I have tried, I can honestly say that Selindrile (kale) is the most intuitive and enjoyable that I have used since the spellcast days, Kale is an unsung hero.
[+]