Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD
PLD
 Unicorn.Yuffy
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-10-10 22:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

5acc on a weapon like sword = ***? even with a sushi you are far from reaching acc cap. also wtf, its not 5, its *** 7!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-10 22:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped acc with sushi on PLD on an HNM mob? Certainly doesn't happen for me :(

Joy/Koenig/---/Sting
Turban/PCC/Ethereal/Suppa
Hauby+1/Homam/Toreador's/Rajas
Cuch/Swift/Homam/Homam

for AtonementIdle build for reference.

Enmity on melee swings with a Joyeuse is -extremely- inconsequential compared to increased Atonement frequency.
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-10-10 22:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas is useless, second acc ring or "you never know" ring (shadow/defending) but not rajas please :(

ethereal gives nothing to the atonement spaming either, acc please/
 Unicorn.Smurfo
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-10-10 22:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Capped acc with sushi on PLD on an HNM mob? Certainly doesn't happen for me :(

I wasn't referring to HNM mob since obviously you wont ever hit lvl 85+ mobs enough to "SPAM" atonement... that and you would be /nin thus not even gaining much TP from taking dmg..
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-10 22:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you will <_<!

2x March + a Madrigal or two if you are double Bard'd + sushi + a build similar to mine above = sexy Atonement spam.

EDIT: Rajas reduces hits to 100% TP by 1, resulting in an increased WS frequency of approximately 5%. The acc difference to a 7acc ring is 2.25%, which is ~2.5% more WSs over time. 2.5% more WSs from Rajas > 2.5% more melee DoT damage [hate] from melee damage.

Ethereal is just there for when I eat an AoE... you must value some sort of idle AoE defence or you wouldn't leave on D Ring for what I presume is an idle TP build on your profile :p
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-10-10 22:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

the "spam" isnt to be taken litterally because yes, the set posted wasnt meant to be used in merit parties or faming waters in sky.

also most if not all things that "matter" and that you will atonement tank have AOEs that shadows wont block and can be frequent enough to give you a lot of TPs.

Rajas is useless for the sole reason that there is idk, like no chance you will reach 100%+ TP without getting hit by a direct hit or an AOE. here are your 1-2 hit won.

ya the set on my profile atm is my atonement idle, just homam instead of blood cuisses obviously <_< ethereal just gives MP, its not really a defense and it offers nothing to atonement, thats why brutal or even assault/fowling are on my idle ^^
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-10 23:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Store TP doesn't only work when you get hit <_<

Rajas is the best ring for the 2nd slot for pure TP gain on Paladin unless your accuracy is -really- low, period.

If you're gonna respond saying that you might not need the Store TP every time, that you might go over etc etc ... accuracy also suffers from this same flaw.

EDIT: Well, you Atonement spam to generate enmity in an efficient manner. Receiving free MP from being hit by an AoE = Flash or cures = generation of enmity. It doesn't directly help Atonement spam, but it does help the generation of enmity as a whole.
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-10-10 23:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

what i meant is that you will get hit by what you tank in a way or an other making you gain TPs from "nowhere" making rajas gain covered by the damage you take.

ya but at the same time you need to severely get raped like a little schoolgirl to get any decent amount of MP back and with what i "usually" have, even if yes i'm always sitting in the red on the MP side, there is just no need.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-10 23:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuffy said:
what i meant is that you will get hit by what you tank in a way or an other making you gain TPs from "nowhere" making rajas gain covered by the damage you take.

But Rajas will be giving you even more over time on top of that...

If TP gain with Rajas is x and TP gain without Rajas is y, and external TP gains (like being hit) are z;

x + z > y + z

z will cancel so it is not an important factor to consider when comparing the two pieces.
 Unicorn.Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-10-10 23:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:

But Rajas will be giving you even more over time on top of that...
i totally didnt think of that. please whip me.
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-10-25 20:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else seen atonement go over 750? An old ls was fighting a scnm and the pty got charmed but that tank didnt, once charm wore off the pld did 1k to the nm. Anyone esle ever see this happen?
 Phoenix.Brexx
Server: Phoenix
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2009-10-25 20:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

take a look at my SS
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-25 20:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Has anyone else seen atonement go over 750? An old ls was fighting a scnm and the pty got charmed but that tank didnt, once charm wore off the pld did 1k to the nm. Anyone esle ever see this happen?

Cerberus family mobs take more damage from magical attacks, like Flan. If it was on a Cerberus-type mob, it's very possible.

Or in the unlikely event your BLM has an upgraded Mythic and WS'd it to lower it's MDB...
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-10-25 20:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Ramuh.Zangada said:

Cerberus family mobs take more damage from magical attacks, like Flan. If it was on a Cerberus-type mob, it's very possible.

Or in the unlikely event your BLM has an upgraded Mythic and WS'd it to lower it's MDB...

Dont think you need an upgraded mythic, just the mythic ws.
 Siren.Brody
Server: Siren
By Siren.Brody 2009-10-25 21:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With Holy Circle Vs. an Undead mob, you can Push 862 with 300% TP / capped Cumulative/Volatile Enmity.

I've also seen an additional 16 or so damage with my C.Galea (Augmented WS DMG+2%) coming in at about 766.