users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Aurorastorm boosts
Aurorastorm boosts
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-09-06 04:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, I recently just got Hachirin-no-obi on my whm. Now i can tell a huge difference between weather cures and non-weather cures.
However the more i look information up the more i realize one thing. No where states how much of an increase you get?
let's say both sets have 50% cure pot, no cure pot II

questions with aurorastorm
Irdal Staff adds what besides the 10% cure pot?

Twilight cape adds what?

no-obi adds what?

All together they add?

Do those numbers change during lightsday?

Thank you, just trying to understand how this works alil bette

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amarok
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amarok 2018-09-06 08:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently switched over to using Chatoyant Staff with whm/sch and always keeping Aurorastorm up. I did a before and after check of the values and the difference was between 10-19% increase over the non-weather set I was using before. Now both Curaga V and Cureskin VI sets break the 2k ceiling. This is just loitering outside Western Adoulin with no other buffs.

['curaga'] = {
},
['cure'] = {
},

ItemSet 361139

Alaunus_Cure={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'MP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','"Cure" potency +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}

and just swapping in Kaykaus Bliaut and Phalaina Locket for the Curaga set.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-06 09:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It really needs it's own page on the wiki, but this is from the page calculating magic damage on bg wiki.

Magic Damage

The relevant text is this.

Quote:
Day & Weather
Day & Weather is calculated with a base of 1.0 and additional values added or subtracted depending on the current day of the week, weather, or certain equipment pieces (E.g. Elemental Obis).
Note that in most cases, the day or weather effect must "proc" for the bonus to be received - this is a random occurrence when the day or weather matches the spell's element (bonus damage) or is ascendant/opposed to the spell's element (reduced damage). This proc may be forced via wearing an Elemental Obi.

Base value: 1.0
Day
Matching day and spell proc: +0.1
Ascendant/opposed day and spell proc: -0.1
Sorcerer's Tonban/+1 and matching day and spell: +0.05
Zodiac Ring and matching day and spell: +0.03
Weather
Matching single weather and spell proc: +0.1
Matching double weather and spell proc: +0.25
Matching double weather and day spell proc: +0.35
Ascendant/opposed single weather and spell proc: -0.1
Ascendant/opposed double weather and spell proc: -0.25
Iridescence proc: +0.1
Twilight Cape and matching weather or day and spell proc: +0.05
The Day & Weather factor cannot exceed 1.4.
Note: Elemental Obis and Helix spells force weather, day, and Iridescence procs.

TLDR version.
Aurorastorm or Light Weather gives +0.1 Multiplier to cure potency
Chatoyant gives +0.1 Multiplier to cure potency on Light Elemental Weather or storm only
Lightsday gives +0.1 Multiplier to cure potency
Aurorastorm II or Double Light Weather gives +0.25 Multiplier to cure potency.

Total Cap for potency for day/weather is +0.4

hachirin-no-obi forces this potency bonus instead of it being random chance.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-06 12:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI. That set posted would generally be considered unoptimized in that it makes no effort to cap enmity down.

At a certain point skill, mnd, vit bonuses don’t matter because you’ve capped.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-09-06 12:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware that this is only going to affect us 1/8 of the time, but it might be worth noting that using hachirin-no-obi on Darksday will force-reduce your multiplier on cures by 0.1. korin obi will let us avoid this from occurring, aside from the unlucky proc.

I know we all have inventory issues, but if you're super serious about optimizing, it might be worth considering.
 Phoenix.Amarok
By Phoenix.Amarok 2018-09-06 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't find I'm having issues with hate except for an unlucky early cure after DD have engaged (this set is on my alt dual-box char).
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-06 13:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If we’re talking about zergs sure enmity rarely becomes an issue. If you’re talking about that kin run where the dds can’t stop healing it over and over again and it’s been below 25% and it’s started spamming interference you’ll probably be grateful to have a capped -enmity set.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-09-06 14:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
I'm aware that this is only going to affect us 1/8 of the time, but it might be worth noting that using hachirin-no-obi on Darksday will force-reduce your multiplier on cures by 0.1. korin obi will let us avoid this from occurring, aside from the unlucky proc.

I know we all have inventory issues, but if you're super serious about optimizing, it might be worth considering.

It has been a while since I have tested it, but if follows the rules posted here, Hachirin-No-Obi boosts ALL active weather/days if active. For example, if you are in a natural single dark weather, when Aurorastorm 1 active, both are getting a boost, so they will nullify each other, same as light weather on Darksday. If this is the case, then curing in the obi in Dynamis is always bad, since the natural double dark weather will always trump Aurorastorm 1.

If this is all incorrect, forgive me, it's been a while since I paid that close attention to curing numbers.
 Phoenix.Amarok
By Phoenix.Amarok 2018-09-06 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
It has been a while since I have tested it, but if follows the rules posted here, Hachirin-No-Obi boosts ALL active weather/days if active. For example, if you are in a natural single dark weather, when Aurorastorm 1 active, both are getting a boost, so they will nullify each other, same as light weather on Darksday. If this is the case, then curing in the obi in Dynamis is always bad, since the natural double dark weather will always trump Aurorastorm 1.

If this is all incorrect, forgive me, it's been a while since I paid that close attention to curing numbers.

I've just gone and checked my log from yesterday's Dyna D and I'm seeing 753 Cure IIIs (sometimes even more, I guess when the receiver had cure received pot+ gear on). So it would seem that the double dark doesn't even lessen the light weather at all.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-06 15:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

General understanding is that storm spells overwrite (not synergize) natural weather. Dynamis D with double dark weather all the time if you cast Aurastorm you'll always get the cure bonus from aurastorm, the natural weather isn't even considered.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-09-06 19:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All I wanted to say is that korin obi will always allow you to have the light weather/day bonus, but not activate the dark weather/day penalty like hachirin-no-obi would.

That's why I used light weather on Darksday as an example.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-09-06 21:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
It really needs it's own page on the wiki, but this is from the page calculating magic damage on bg wiki.

Magic Damage

The relevant text is this.

Quote:
Day & Weather
Day & Weather is calculated with a base of 1.0 and additional values added or subtracted depending on the current day of the week, weather, or certain equipment pieces (E.g. Elemental Obis).
Note that in most cases, the day or weather effect must "proc" for the bonus to be received - this is a random occurrence when the day or weather matches the spell's element (bonus damage) or is ascendant/opposed to the spell's element (reduced damage). This proc may be forced via wearing an Elemental Obi.

Base value: 1.0
Day
Matching day and spell proc: +0.1
Ascendant/opposed day and spell proc: -0.1
Sorcerer's Tonban/+1 and matching day and spell: +0.05
Zodiac Ring and matching day and spell: +0.03
Weather
Matching single weather and spell proc: +0.1
Matching double weather and spell proc: +0.25
Matching double weather and day spell proc: +0.35
Ascendant/opposed single weather and spell proc: -0.1
Ascendant/opposed double weather and spell proc: -0.25
Iridescence proc: +0.1
Twilight Cape and matching weather or day and spell proc: +0.05
The Day & Weather factor cannot exceed 1.4.
Note: Elemental Obis and Helix spells force weather, day, and Iridescence procs.

TLDR version.
Aurorastorm or Light Weather gives +0.1 Multiplier to cure potency
Chatoyant gives +0.1 Multiplier to cure potency on Light Elemental Weather or storm only
Lightsday gives +0.1 Multiplier to cure potency
Aurorastorm II or Double Light Weather gives +0.25 Multiplier to cure potency.

Total Cap for potency for day/weather is +0.4

hachirin-no-obi forces this potency bonus instead of it being random chance.

Thank you Shadowmeld, that is probably the best simplistic answer I could have asked for. It seems this is a point of confusion for alot of players. I have read all the stuff on BG and skimmed other forum posts and couldn't grasp how it all works together. I notice that almost no one discussed twilight back piece though, is it worth using
My understanding is an added .05 or 5% multiplier for using that as well?, jumps to .1 if its day & weather?

Thank you to everyone who has responded
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-07 05:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight cape adds 0.05 for either day or weather. It doesn’t double dip. For single target cures you have the choice of that or ambuscade cape for afflatus solace cure skin.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-09-07 07:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
General understanding is that storm spells overwrite (not synergize) natural weather. Dynamis D with double dark weather all the time if you cast Aurastorm you'll always get the cure bonus from aurastorm, the natural weather isn't even considered.

I thought so as well. But that goes against what I posted on the Storm spells bg wiki page HERE, where it states it does stack outside weather and days with storm spells
Quote:
If it is Windsday and Element: Ice weather, you can cast Windstorm on yourself, wear Furin Obi, and receive a constant +20% damage instead of an inconsistent +10%/-10% damage.
If it is Element: Ice weather, you can cast Hailstorm on yourself and wear Hachirin-no-Obi for a constant +25% damage.
By DaneBlood 2018-09-26 08:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I safely assume aurastorm overrides dark weather in a zone?
or do they both count at th same time ?
 Asura.Xenomorph
Server: Asura
By Asura.Xenomorph 2018-09-26 08:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

"Storm spells override environmental weather effects on the buffed individual. For example, personal Aurorastorm will override a Dynamis double dark weather. As such, these enhancements are not additive to environmental effects. Day of the week effects apply separately."

Taken from the Storm BG Wiki page.
[+]