What Is Your Favorite Blu Spell?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » What is your favorite blu spell?
What is your favorite blu spell?
By daviant 2018-08-07 12:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Im curious what everyone's favorite blu spell is? preferably enfeebling/buff spell, but dd spells can be used as well. Make sure to tell us why this is your favorite.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-08-07 12:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bludgeon forever
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 12:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

White Wind + Winds of Promyvion. Really cool feeling when you can help out your WHM and get everyone back to full HP and remove debuffs from the entire party within a second. You can use the spells literally back to back if not slowed, so these are two spells I feel are the most under-utilized utility spells, but are amazing. I hardly see PUG BLUs use these spells (most don't even set them). But great spells nonetheless.
[+]
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-08-07 13:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Disseverment

Back in the 75 era we were trying to help my friend beat the last boss of CoP and we couldn't find any help so we had to 3 man it. It was a mess but we kept dying and reraising while putting Disseverment on it (serious poison potency for lvl 75 era) And we ended up winning with only a few minutes to spare. Good times

Close 2nd is Cannonball... RIP SATA Cannonball Kirins
[+]
 Asura.Wyrd
Server: Asura
user: kylericks
By Asura.Wyrd 2018-08-07 13:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree on White Wind and Winds of Promyvion. Both are great but my favor has to be Actinic Burst. The high potency flashga saved a number of LS mates over the years.

I don't get to set it often anymore, but its still a favorite.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-08-07 13:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Hammer, full mp pool every 3mins.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 13:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill never lose my love for Sinker Drill. <3
By daviant 2018-08-07 13:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always loved Dream Flower, the range and duration on this spell is sick and has saved me so many times. And i would agree Disservernment used to be our bread and butter.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-07 13:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Ill never lose my love for Sinker Drill. <3
I second this one.
[+]
By aigulfe 2018-08-09 20:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

eh, I wasnt an old school BLU, only been one for the past couple of years. Partial to Floe because I think its the most potent combo of aoe dmg and additional effect in terms of buying you an extra split second to get the next nuke off before the mob can move. I dropped all the Vermy Fishflys with Anvil > Floe > Entomb but when I put Crush second... yeah that didnt end so well.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-09 20:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I hardly see PUG BLUs use these spells (most don't even learn them). But great spells nonetheless.

fixed
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-08-09 20:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sudden Lunge has allowed me to do so much cheesy ***in this game that I would be crazy to not list it as my favorite.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-08-09 20:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

sudden lunge for things that it lands on
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-08-09 21:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Occultation has afterglowed at least six weapons for me. Honorable mention to sudden lunge, something satisfying about ***-slapping mobs a few yalms away.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-08-09 21:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to have to say Whirl of Rage and Charged Whiskers for that nostalgia Aby burn parties
By Afania 2018-08-09 21:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Bludgeon forever

bludgeon forever ^^^^^^

This spell was really OP in the early days and was useful for so damn long.

But if I'm ranking one spell that meant the most for me, it's probably disseverment. BLU was my first 75, so I didn't have sea access when I finished leveling it. After I went through all the pains and tears for CoP and got the spell, I finally feel my BLU was "complete". Word can't describe such feelings.

If I'm picking one spell for modern era BLU, it'd be mighty guard. took a break years ago and the first thing I heard after I came back was "Go learn Mighty Guard".

Honorable mention would be Absolute terror I think. Back in 2013 when I used it in ceizak delve on that evil scorpion NM, my JP LS's reaction was satisfying to watch. BLU wasn't a thing in endgame back then, and they all started to love BLU for delve runs after they see how absolute terror did on that NM.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-08-09 23:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No love for Frenetic Rip? That spell was so OP back in the day.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-08-10 00:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cocoon. But I only had a level 10ish BLU for the longest time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Squallbr
user: Squallbr
By Asura.Squallbr 2018-12-26 10:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This year I stopped with FFXI, but speaking of my spell's blu is Death Scissors, and The Big Tree. However Bludgeon > All LOL.
I just cannot choose one. I did little blu end game 75 because my main was rdm. Then you know.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-12-26 11:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m partial to Subduction personally.

Cheap, Fast, Can deal up to just shy of 7,000 Damage and applies AoE Gravity II. Just super useful spell for cleaving all sorts of things and it grants a free MAB III trait (with Gifts) to boot.

Subduction all the things!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-12-26 11:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Frypan best.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-26 12:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Hammer. Unlimited mp and rubber looking toy hammer win/win
[+]
By oyama 2018-12-31 01:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's tough to pick one, but I gotta say Mighty Guard. It's our final spell, a near full-timeable melee embrava that we learn from battling a dragon god in space.
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-31 02:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tearing Gust is woefully underrated, especially for lowman and solo play without a GEO.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-12-31 03:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

prolly any spell that gives me MP in return... it’s been like 6 years since i played so i kind or forget my favorite sets
By SimonSes 2018-12-31 05:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Tearing Gust

It has kinda low duration on that MDB down debuff tho, which is kind bad since the spell can only be used with Unbridled Learning.
By SimonSes 2018-12-31 05:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenebral Crush. Very high AoE magic damage, especially with Burst Affinity. Great for solo magic bursting too. Applies 20% def down and gives Magic Accuracy trait on its own.

But my favorite is Sudden Lunge, which is imo the most underrated spell outside of BLU community. I even have a fresh story from yesterday.

Yesterday we were doing Shockmaw and Wrathare for some guy and since I was doing strategy, I decided to build it around Sudden Lunge for Shockmaw and then change to ranged damage with CORs for Wrathare.

Shockmaw went as planned, I did 3 Sudden Lunge total, which chain stunned him for 30+ seconds and resulted in super easy zerg with WAR, BLU and COR. Then idk how but Wrathare poped right after Shockmaw and caught us by surprise (not sure who poped it like that but whatever). PLD started to kite it, but died from endeath proc, so I decided to go with the flow and jumped on it with BLU and WAR joined me. We had almost no healing magic outside of BLU and GEO, but 40 sec later Wrathare was dead anyway. How? Surprisingly for me, I was able to chain stun him almost the same way as I chain stunned Shockmaw (Wrathare readies some of it's TP moves faster, so it was able to do 1-2 of them immediately after stun wore off, but that was all the it could do), so it was again a simple 40 sec zerg, all thx to Sudden Lunge.
By Zyla 2018-12-31 06:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to agree, Sudden Lunge is incredibly amazing on anything not immune to stun. Low cost , low cast time, low recast that's usually over before the stun effect itself is, add in that it's trait of stp is a staple of any melee based trait set, it's just universally good.
[+]