Forum » FFXI » General » Returning player Relic Reforged
Returning player Relic Reforged
 Asura.Aravlis
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sil
By Asura.Aravlis 2018-08-04 11:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope this isn't a stupid question but...coming back after many years away and trying to upgrade my Relic+2 armor. I trade the armor and the necessary materials to the NPC but she just takes my Rem's tales out of the group to store and won't do anything about my armor. BG-Wiki and ffxiclopedia aren't getting me there, maybe someone on here can.
Thanks
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-08-04 12:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible you skipped a step. You do actually have to talk to the NPC about Relic restoration, while wearing your relic +2 gear before you can actually make said relic reforged.
 Asura.Aravlis
By Asura.Aravlis 2018-08-04 12:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I did try that with both npcs... I'm stumped.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aravlis
By Asura.Aravlis 2018-08-04 13:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No trial on it but that's a good idea to flag and cancel, hopefully that will do it.
Thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-04 13:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to have beaten CoP missions 3-5 to reforge relic +1 (ilvl 119), and then the "Warrior's Path" for AF reforge of +1.
By Jetackuu 2018-08-04 14:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aravlis said: »
Hope this isn't a stupid question but...coming back after many years away and trying to upgrade my Relic+2 armor. I trade the armor and the necessary materials to the NPC but she just takes my Rem's tales out of the group to store and won't do anything about my armor. BG-Wiki and ffxiclopedia aren't getting me there, maybe someone on here can.
Thanks

Then you're doing it wrong.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-08-04 14:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The npc has been broken for years with some relic upgrading,

Not really, just people don't know how to do a simple task. The NPC even says it when you do it correctly. /shrug
[+]
 Asura.Aravlis
By Asura.Aravlis 2018-08-05 08:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, not only unhelpful but also condescending, great posts Jetackuu!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-05 10:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The npc has been broken for years with some relic upgrading, I called a GM long ago and pretty much said “idklol take care”

Does the piece have magian trial on it or does your Magian trial log have any record of the piece bring active?

You can try flagging the relic Magian augment trial, then removing the trial from the gear to reset its state.
Yeah weird I’ve had 0 issues for 4 characters and various jobs. I didn’t know this was an “issue” hmm.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-05 10:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
Very odd. I assume you did these already?

You must start the Dynamis quest line.
You must have completed Promathia Mission 3-5 (Darkness Named), which grants "Dreamworld" Dynamis access.
You must then talk with Sagheera and specifically ask about Relic Restoration, while wearing a piece of relic armor.
By Jetackuu 2018-08-05 10:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry that facts somehow offend you. Either you don't have the proper clears or you're trading the wrong items, ie: oxblood orb instead of oxblood.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-05 10:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

I'm sorry that facts somehow offend you. Either you don't have the proper clears or you're trading the wrong items, ie: oxblood orb instead of oxblood.
I have to admit 99 percent of the posts like this on this forum have been that mistake.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-08-05 14:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I trade wrong items is when I'm scrambling to do it before the day change.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-05 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
The only time I trade wrong items is when I'm scrambling to do it before the day change.
Been there!! Lol
By cuddlyhamster 2018-08-05 14:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It is currently a guessing game as to the things you have tried vs things you have not tried. you have given us hardly any information as to your situation. go on bgwiki, copy paste the prerequisites required and tell us whether u have done them. tell us what you are trading and what u expect to get. the more information you give the less guessing anyone trying to help has to do
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-05 16:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to what Cuddlyhamster said, look VERY CLOSELY at the items you are trading. Several of the reforging items are named very similarly to other items that do not work, and every single time I see a topic like this show up, it wasn't working due to an item mix up.
By Jetackuu 2018-08-05 19:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
then you are 100% missing an item in the trade.

Now that's just unhelpful/condescending now don'tyaknow?

Can't tell people the truth.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-05 20:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
then you are 100% missing an item in the trade.

Now that's just unhelpful/condescending now don'tyaknow?

Can't tell people the truth.
Lol :dead:
 Asura.Aravlis
By Asura.Aravlis 2018-08-05 20:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy to hear the truth, but obviously I know I'm doing it wrong, hence the post asking for help. When I make a post that basically says 'what am I doing wrong' the response of urdoingitwrong isn't all that helpful, it's just to make yourself feel superior.

Yojimmbos post actually was helpful because he took the information I gave in my posts and used that to pinpoint the issue.

For what it's worth I've figured it out, I needed 10 chapters, not 5, that's what I get for checking wikis on my phone and trying to read the tables that way. Also the NPC is ambiguous, it'd be great if she said 'If your ***'s augmented give this, if not give that' because I didn't even remember you could augment relic +2. Oh well...I feel like an idiot for making the post. Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-08-05 22:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, just people don't know how to do a simple task.

^ It's not a complicated task, so obviously you aren't happy to hear the truth. You didn't give enough information for anyone to tell you what you were doing wrong.

You didn't list which piece you were trying to upgrade.

You didn't list what materials you were trading.

You didn't list what you checked/didn't check in regards to progression.

So I reiterate: some people can't handle the truth.

edit: congrats on figuring out how to properly trade 4 things to a NPC that are clearly listed.