Who Doesn't Have Windower?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Who doesn't have windower?
Who doesn't have windower?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-07-21 14:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Kealoha said: »
If anything not developed officially by SE is considered cheating, then yeah, it would be that.

Kind of like being on this site, people really need to get over themselves. If they're not botting or clipping/speed hacking then nobody gives a ***.
Who gives a ***about any of that? Running at normal speed in FFXI is the *** worst.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-07-21 14:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SE designs the game how they want to, and are often surprised at how players handle things.

There's no proof that they design any content around anything other than their own ideas without windower, so going down that road is a slippery slope. Though I guess there's also no proof that they don't also use windower... so a moot point.

If anything power creep is a way to get players to stay playing -- its a useful way to make people feel more powerful with a skeleton crew dev team. Carrot on the stick is basically an MMO in a nutshell.

edit: Windower used to break years ago before better mechanisms were invented to hook, so that may actually prove at least years ago that they didn't use windower
By Afania 2018-07-21 15:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Justuas said: »
I know few who don't use windower and they're better players than most windower users. Also don't think windower is a thing in jp.

This is literally what every bad player who plays vanilla says

I would say it takes a bit more effort for vanilla to match what GS do, and its more likely to make mistakes without GS that cause dps lose.

But the result of being "bad" with gs is the result of people ask "may I have your lua?" on discord, plug in gears, done. Without knowing why lua is written that way, nor double check if that works.

Basically, the difference that gs could make is not gigantic unless you also spent significant amount of time editing it, and maybe play a complicated job. And these people are the minority. Hence Justuas's comment about "most".
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-21 16:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashita FTW!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-21 17:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Using gearswap is botting

scripting=/= botting, but please, continue.
Assuming by botting he means "automation" in which case gearswap is automation, and therefore botting.

It is automated and provides a benefit over those who don't use it.

Except it literally isn't botting. Try again.

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Who gives a ***about any of that? Running at normal speed in FFXI is the *** worst.

There's items for that, that aren't blatant cheating that should get you banned.

I never regret taking Schneddick ring on both chars.

You should, there's equal options for most jobs and better rings you could get instead, but to each their own.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-21 18:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Ashita FTW!

If you use Ashita, gtfo of my rare species zoo :<
[+]
By Divinite 2018-07-21 19:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

At one point was realy into Windower+GS. Lots of special equip conditions to squeeze the most performance out of gear. It certainly gives you an advantage, but is it worth all the time to set up to enjoy the game? I'm not sure anymore. After returning from a long break, I'd pretty much have to revamp all my scripts. Tweak xml/json configs for all the addons/plugins to position them on the screen...

Now I just play the vanilla game. There's been so many qol improvements. It's a lot simpler to just turn on the game and start playing it. Haven't really gotten into equipsets yet, although I'm planning to look into it. It's another thing that will require maintaining.

This probably all depends on what you're trying to do in the game, who you play with, and if they have a "show me your sets/scripts" mentality for them to include you.

It's like, how much of the game do you want it to play for you?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-07-21 20:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It is my understanding that the definition of a "bot" is complete automation of a certain task without player any interaction that can be done while wholly AFK.

automatic claim: bot
automatic farm: bot
automatic skilling: bot
etc.

Gearswap doesn't do anything for you in the general case that isn't or can't be done by a player.

For instance, going from idle to engaged set in a vanilla macro is one or two lines depending on how you have things. Just /attack and /equipset or /equipset only. The difference here between gearswap and a vanilla player is that the gearswap player can type /attack, or hit "attack" on the menu without needing a an explicit macro to swap from engaged to idle. Gearswap doesn't automate the manual process of engaging without absolutely going into the realm of full automation. In this specific case with engaging, I could see it possible that SE could implement a simple feature where you swap into a predefined equipset upon swapping into the engaged status.

I don't quite see the previously mentioned example being "botting" as I defined it, but there are definite grey areas that a lot of people use such as changing gear when a specific buff is active -- perhaps sneak attack, and change to some crit damage+% gear automatically so you dont have to remember to use a separate macro for more crit damage. The player still has to hit the WS macro, or menu it, or type the command. It's not fully automated.

I do agree with "against the TOS" is "against the TOS", it's not refutable.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 21:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no "line" just like I said on the last page. There are no "tiers" or "stages" or "ok and not ok cheating".

Your comfort, doesn't make it ok. ToS is ToS.

It's all an unfair advantage.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 21:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with your definition, but it seems others have arbitrary lines they are acting like are objective.

I'll tell you right now, very few human as a whole, out of the entire 8 billion even know what being objective means.

Ability to create arbitrary lines and not cross them gives them the warm and fuzzies.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 22:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Incorrect. You "bot skill up" instead of buying skill up books, and you don't have to spend those sparks, so you buy acheron shields instead, and NPC them. Inflation. Everyone affected.

Everything you do, no matter how you feel about it, -has- an affect on more than yourself.

If 100 people all "are ok" with botting urganites all at the same time, I promise you, that you won't still be "ok" with it when they're all taken, all night, forever.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 22:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sparks you would spend on books instead of shields, not generated via skilling up.

Tons of new characters use those books. all day. every day. because their imaginary line doesn't allow them to bot uragnites.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 22:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
it affects no one
Josiahkf said: »
Doesnt bother me at all to see people there, I just move to another zone like yahse.

You were "AFFECTED" . You are allowed to choose if it "BOTHERS" you.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 22:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing semantic about it. It just is fact.

Sparks spent on books are sparks not spent on shields. People routinely use sparks on books and/or sell these books. It's also time spent; not doing WKR or not farming salvage, or not running an ambuscade group, or not helping a new guy etc

Your arbitary line is drawn "here" because you convince yourself "it doesn't hurt anyone" as long as I don't do "this" it's ok. This is a lie.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 22:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/6176/astral-homeland/?stack=1
Very Fast (31.070 sold/day)

Post deleted by User.