Ffxi Config Getting Reset By Windower4 (windows10)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Ffxi config getting reset by windower4 (windows10)
Ffxi config getting reset by windower4 (windows10)
 Phoenix.Ruball
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Ruball
By Phoenix.Ruball 2018-07-12 14:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get back on but I keep getting a direct3D error message when I use windower4. I have checked ffxi config and windower4 keeps changing it. I have gone into the windower4 setting and edited but it still doesn't work.

Please let me know if you have a solution.

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-07-12 14:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres a a whole bunch of different ways to approach this. One is manually setting the files in windower folder, and stuff. (Im not sure how I fixed this for someone before.)

Basically I just kept going back and fourth bewteen setting final fantasy to different settings with out windower, the launcher windower with out adjusting settings until it finally stop messing up. Just keep tinkering with resolutions, you should be able to get it.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-12 14:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower will always overwrite your settings. Assuming vanilla launches, make sure you're running Windower as an admin.

Also, what's your video card setup look like?

Running in windowed, borderless window or fullscreen?
 Phoenix.Ruball
By Phoenix.Ruball 2018-07-12 16:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i was playing fine yesturday, then windows wanted to update (forgot what it was exacly). after the update windower4 wouldn't launch. called microsoft and had them roll me back.

now windower can launch, POL can load and sign in. once it goes to ffxi charater selection it kicks me back to POL saying Direct3D failed to initialize.

at the moment my windower4 settings are windowmode 1920x1080

card is a intel hd 3000 and a geforce gt555m
 Sylph.Kleyman
Server: Sylph
user: kleyman71
By Sylph.Kleyman 2018-07-12 17:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, windower and vanilla do it. I havent had time to see what exactly the good ol windows update messed up. However, i plugged my laptop into the t. V. Via hdmi (which changed resolution etc.) and game launched.
 Phoenix.Ruball
By Phoenix.Ruball 2018-07-12 20:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I can play the game without windower4 on a bad graphic setting where everything looks terrible and have to redo all my macros.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-12 21:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing I would do is another system restore to before changes were made. Assuming Windows 10.

Secondly there shouldn't be an update that prevents Windower fro launching at all.

Third I've seen a few things cause the scenario, but as I'm slightly familiar with that setup I'd try these:

Phoenix.Ruball said: »
card is a intel hd 3000 and a geforce gt555m

If the system restore doesn't work I'd verify you don't have the bloatware running for these. Also with that exact combo I'd make sure the chipset drivers are up to date, intel igpu are up to date (from intel) and nvidia drivers are up to date (from nvidia), I know my Asus laptop with the Asus drivers will have the same problem on trying to launch POL at all. That being said that software also has a priority setting for software, doesn't realy work for ***for XI and windows 10 though.

Other thing is some people have had to verify their ffxi/windower/registry resolution settings and have them uniform.

It sounds like an update *** with your drivers, don't let it do that.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-12 21:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Another option is to try dgvoodoo, but I'd personally do it last.
 Phoenix.Ruball
By Phoenix.Ruball 2018-07-12 21:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem Resolved!!! turns out my windower settings file was moved during the roll back. after hours of reading forums i noticed windower was creating a basicaly empty setting file. just edited it with the screen size and boom fixed.

thanks all for your help.
[+]